Cobra Equipment Ordering: 2021 Morgan Cup Experience

Rethinking everything...!

I was pretty set on KBS Tour V but it’s out of stock. Stuck between Modus 120 stiff and Recoil 110 F5. I decided to leave the 7 wood or hybrid alone because I probably wouldn’t use it as much and will add my wedge back at the bottom of the bag just for bunker play. Driver... head says XB, heart says RADSpeed. Either at 9 degrees. F3 stiff will be the shaft (feel bias)

RADSPEED XB Tour Length 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Blue 60 6.0 flex
RADSPEED FW 3,5,7 Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 6.0 flex -.5" length
RADSPEED OL 5-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Snakebite 50* Versatile Recoil 95 F4
Snakebite 56* Classic Recoil 95 F4

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 connect Midsize grips

Final order done and done. Decided to go all in on OL. Adding the OL 5 iron instead of the hybrid and going OL GW and only 2 Snakebite wedges for the short game. The big changes for me are OL obviously but also going all graphite in my entire bag. This is also a much lighter set than I currently play as well. We will see how it goes, but I am looking for some ballspeed increases and more consistency in my approach game. I really strike my current 6 iron well and that is the exact length of the Cobra stock OL set so putting that swing on 1/2 my bag should be great.

Last edited:

I was pretty set on KBS Tour V but it’s out of stock. Stuck between Modus 120 stiff and Recoil 110 F5. I decided to leave the 7 wood or hybrid alone because I probably wouldn’t use it as much and will add my wedge back at the bottom of the bag just for bunker play. Driver... head says XB, heart says RADSpeed. Either at 9 degrees. F3 stiff will be the shaft (feel bias)
You sure? From what I'm seeing on Cobra's site it looks like almost everything is in stock now :oops:

You sure? From what I'm seeing on Cobra's site it looks like almost everything is in stock now :oops:

That is the one shaft they don't seem to have. I want them in a stiff (getting away from the X100) but don't want to go to the tours at 120g. Modus is 114 and the 105 is roughly 106

The True Temper DG AMT/ Black PVD is that the Black AMT or just a black steel Dynamic Gold?

That is the one shaft they don't seem to have. I want them in a stiff (getting away from the X100) but don't want to go to the tours at 120g. Modus is 114 and the 105 is roughly 106
Weird. I'm able to select them. If thats what you want I suggest listing them as your first choice and include a second choice

The True Temper DG AMT/ Black PVD is that the Black AMT or just a black steel Dynamic Gold?
AMT White I believe

What shafts are you looking for and what weight? Flex and weight are not independent in KBS steel so a S in one line could be a R or + in another.

What shafts are you looking for and what weight? Flex and weight are not independent in KBS steel so a S in one line could be a R or + in another.

Stiff, around the 110g weight, lower spin! I am looking more toward Modus 120 instead of trying to get cute with an odd order. I don't mind something lighter. I had KBS Tour regular and the shafts bowed on me. Modus seems like it will work and felt nice. Going to be a learning curve regardless

Stiff, around the 110g weight, lower spin! I am looking more toward Modus 120 instead of trying to get cute with an odd order. I don't mind something lighter. I had KBS Tour regular and the shafts bowed on me. Modus seems like it will work and felt nice. Going to be a learning curve regardless
There aren’t too many real low spin iron shafts. It doesn’t alter spin a ton, although a ball could. With that said it can alter the way we deliver the club to ball.

What I meant by my previous post is that for instance CTaper lite in a heavier weight will be very very similar to CTaper in a lighter flex.

Since you are here :) The Dynamic Gold AMT Black PVD... do you know if that is just a black shaft or the "black" range of the AMT?

Since you are here :) The Dynamic Gold AMT Black PVD... do you know if that is just a black shaft or the "black" range of the AMT?
I have no idea. I would assume PVD indicates it’s black.

Don’t overthink the shaft part in your steel irons. Pick a weight you like and you will enjoy them.

@JB for some of the shafts and irons I was fit into, they are listed on the Cobra website but cannot be selected (due to probably out of stock or being backordered); I assume we should just stick to what's listed in stock on the website tomorrow?

@JB for some of the shafts and irons I was fit into, they are listed on the Cobra website but cannot be selected (due to probably out of stock or being backordered); I assume we should just stick to what's listed in stock on the website tomorrow?
You could put them as your first choice and then have a backup plan as well listed.

While delays are inevitable for the first time ever with MC ordering, and most of it out of Cobras hands, it is constantly evolving as @Jman mentioned in his delay article.

I'm going Modus. I've hit them and didn't mind them. No reason to mess up something I know that will work.

I'm going Modus. I've hit them and didn't mind them. No reason to mess up something I know that will work.
I have always heard the recipe to success is equipment someone “doesn’t mind”. :)

I have always heard the recipe to success is equipment someone “doesn’t mind”. :)
:):) I'm going to hit bad shots. I'm going to hit some great shots. I may even surprise myself at times as to how well I play... BUT I'M GOING TO THE MORGAN CUP WITH A NEW SET OF COBRA STICKS AND A TON OF OTHER STUFF... that's about all I got to say about that. ;)

:):) I'm going to hit bad shots. I'm going to hit some great shots. I may even surprise myself at times as to how well I play... BUT I'M GOING TO THE MORGAN CUP WITH A NEW SET OF COBRA STICKS AND A TON OF OTHER STUFF... that's about all I got to say about that. ;)

Well said! I'm looking forward to every moment on this journey. Going to be a time of my life and very excited to get started. I know there will be some ups and downs in the game, and I'm going to enjoy them all

I believe it’s the AMT White shaft, just with the black PVD finish

Back