Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

That is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great.

Thanks!

I finally got some range and course testing in with the ProLaunch Blue in my F6 3hybrid. Yes it's not the F7, but to me the F7 is just an F6 with rails.

I kept the stock Cobra/Matrix Red Tie in the 4hybrid for comparison.

One word to describe the PL Blue: SMOOTH. It is definitely a draw-biased shaft, something I don't think many people ever think of when selecting a shaft. The confidence I have standing over a ball is unreal, I know that if I get a good strike, I'm going to hit a high draw. I can feel the mid kick of the Red Tie, with the PL Blue the feeling is different, smoother.

My local track has a Par3 that typically plays 185 with an OB ditch directly left off the green (hookers beware). With a typical hybrid strike, I usually hit middle of green and roll to the back half. A much more aggressive strike yields less rollout and sometimes spinback.

Today was winter tees about 15 yards shorter than normal, but the hole was into a 10-15 mph headwind, with sporadic gusts.

My first ball was with the 3hy/PLB. Knowing that I could easily put the ball through the green, I shortened the backswing and follow through (call it a knockdown hybrid). The ball took off right of the green and slowly curved back and landed on the right half of the green, nice ball mark middle green, about 10 feet of rollout. Two-putt for Par.

My second ball was with the 4hy/RT. Another great strike and the ball was off with what appeared to be the exact same ballflight as the 3hy/PLB, but starting middle green and drawing to the left half. A gust of wind came along and the ball ballooned a bit, but still landed middle green left half, and spun back about 4-5 feet. One-putt for Birdie.

Yeah, you could say I'm thoroughly impressed. Up next will be the Matrix HX3 White Tie.

(Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue is available as a .370 80g iron shaft for $20-$30 from pretty much any component retailer)

Like what I've read so far... I'm in ponder mode for his one too. I picked up last year's F6 but I struggled with it off the tee. So I put my Adams Super S back in the bag, which is great off the tee, but I struggle with it on tight lies. Maybe this F7 can give me the versatility I'm looking for.

I couldn't hold out any longer. Order sent for 3-4 F7 hybrid. With our Budget Golf discount and their current price it was only $153! How could I not! Nw maybe the 3-4 fw and perhaps a Pur wedge...

I couldn't hold out any longer. Order sent for 3-4 F7 hybrid. With our Budget Golf discount and their current price it was only $153! How could I not! Nw maybe the 3-4 fw and perhaps a Pur wedge...

Congratulations! Great choice.

Yeah, I can't wait to get it. Now for the weather to cooperate ...

Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

So this is a GAMER! 5 shots mid to high fligh Dispersion is TIGHT

5afb138db0e0ae98a0e3b790c58fbb69.jpg

Set at 22*

42cd4a61aeb3ded807f01ea628eb4ae3.jpg

With not the best contact

I have this one just sitting in my bag. I picked it up right before my injury and it's killing me not being able to take some swings with it.

Golf is FUN! Rails are FUN!

Just wait till you hit it on the course OITW!

Just wait till you hit it on the course OITW!

The ball flight with this had me extra excited - looks like I'll be holding some greens from 190-200+ yards

The ball flight with this had me extra excited - looks like I'll be holding some greens from 190-200+ yards

Glad you are seeing a good ball flight. Took me a little while to get mine but it's there. Since you have the fairway wood as well are you going to mess around with the weights? I wonder how heavy the one in the hybrid is..

Glad you are seeing a good ball flight. Took me a little while to get mine but it's there. Since you have the fairway wood as well are you going to mess around with the weights? I wonder how heavy the one in the hybrid is..

The one in the fwy is 20g and 3g in the 5/6 anyway

Not sure the hybrid - if the feel and flight maintains on the course from the range I will not touch a single thing

Funny it's the only stock fuji that I seem to get along with didn't like the driver or fwy compared to the other shafts I have or not that I didn't get along the others outperformed

Drove through a 240 yard green on a par 4 yesterday. Yeah this club is good. If the Apex's weren't in such good standing I could see myself easily bagging another one of these.

Damn, that's crazy good, cannot wait to get this one on the course.

Damn, that's crazy good, cannot wait to get this one on the course.

Hope it works out for you. Besides my 3 wood this is my favorite club and a great tee option as well.

Hope it works out for you. Besides my 3 wood this is my favorite club and a great tee option as well.

Do you tee it normally or a little lower with the rails?

Do you tee it normally or a little lower with the rails?

Normal height for a hybrid. Which for me is the same as if I was hitting an iron.

Best.Hybrid.Ever.

Off the deck at least - i hit the most incredible shot from the most ridiculous lie to 15 ft @The_Dude is my witness.

From the tee this is arguably the best - it's really close with the EX9 hybrid

I did not have one bad shot with this yesterday on 5 swings 2 tee 3 deck

Run don't walk and buy this club if you need a hybrid DO IT NOW!

Best.Hybrid.Ever.

Off the deck at least - i hit the most incredible shot from the most ridiculous lie to 15 ft @The_Dude is my witness.

From a ravine 10 feet below the fairway with a hanging lie and poor footing...Pfft, child's play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Best.Hybrid.Ever.

Haha nice!! The sound of the face is addicting as well.

Hit this one time on my round on Sunday shot the bunker at 176 to carry and the impact sound divot everything was perfect launch etc except it landed splat in the bunker so I need to dial in the true distance I need this to be a 200 yd club

Hit this one time on my round on Sunday shot the bunker at 176 to carry and the impact sound divot everything was perfect launch etc except it landed splat in the bunker so I need to dial in the true distance I need this to be a 200 yd club

What loft are you playing it at? Mine is at 19 and I adore it. I'm pondering lowering it a touch to get some more distance as well.

What loft are you playing it at? Mine is at 19 and I adore it. I'm pondering lowering it a touch to get some more distance as well.

22 degrees - when I've hit it before both tee and deck it's in the range i want/results expected

I guess my concern was it felt great but wasn't any other hybrid I've gamed i never thought I hit a very good shot and it came up 20 yards short of the target

Back