Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

Informative, very well done review James. It referenced all of the items you had noted in the preview thread. As such, the characteristics you referenced seem to benefit a little bit of a different swing to mine so I'm not sure it's an ideal fit. This coming from a Cobra homer, but I'm definitely a sweeper and need launch.

The great thing about reviews here is that you learn why some designs may not work for you, in addition to which ones do.

Good point here. I think I tend to be more of a sweeper as well and that could be why I struggled with it on the sim.. Next time I hit this I am going to try to be more aggressive like Jman has said numerous times.

Yeah, the 4-5 may just work. I'd have to give it a few hits but this review will definitely give me a good idea what to expect.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
James, this was an excellent read. Anytime I an see a hybrid w/ rails, I'm excited. I'm playing the 588 right now, and I'm wondering if this is the club that will finally knock that one out of the bag.

Seriously, this should be at the top of everyone's list to demo. The hybrid is possibly the greatest club invented in the past decade but design in the past few years has been really stagnant. This is a true step forward. This club flat out performs. The rails work beautifully. They don't dig or cause the club to twist. Its just point and shoot. Also, it doesn't balloon and that's a bonus for me. I have a 19* and 22* and they gapped the same as my previous hybrids (Miz EZ 13). I want to do some testing from a few bunkers when I have the opportunity. This is an area where this design could shine.

I have a really, really hard ponder on the F7 Hybrid going on right now.

I saw one this morning at Dicks Sporting goods, I am very intrigued.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very solid ponder.

Alas, the ponder was too strong and it got the best of me.

45418cf39570993c6882a14932822c28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to find one of these to try. I'm not exactly happy with my aeroburner hybrid at the moment.

Still one of my favorite segments from PGA show coverage.

Nice. I think I am going to wait to try it for a while, 2 major golf purchases this week are enough

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That looks great in hand.

Still one of my favorite segments from PGA show coverage.

Mine too, I wish you had an after shot when he jumped off those "rails"

Does anyone know if the stock Fuji shaft 75H is the weight?

Does anyone know if the stock Fuji shaft 75H is the weight?

77 grams.

I had a solid range session today. The shaft feels similar to the kuro kage in my other hybrids. I am seeing mid launch. Could not judge distance today as I was hitting directly into the wind. This has to be the easiest hybrid I've ever hit. The baffler technology definitely bails me out. I can envision this being a club that I use multiple times during a round to get myself out of trouble. My first time owning a Cobra club and I'm impressed. The loft is very easy to change and I was happy to see that my old wrenches worked on this club. The only negative I'll say for now is the stock headcover is terrible. It's a PITA to get on and off. Gotta replace it soon! Oh and I'm playing mine at 19 degrees and it should in theory slot perfectly between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid.

77 grams.

I had a solid range session today. The shaft feels similar to the kuro kage in my other hybrids. I am seeing mid launch. Could not judge distance today as I was hitting directly into the wind. This has to be the easiest hybrid I've ever hit. The baffler technology definitely bails me out. I can envision this being a club that I use multiple times during a round to get myself out of trouble. My first time owning a Cobra club and I'm impressed. The loft is very easy to change and I was happy to see that my old wrenches worked on this club. The only negative I'll say for now is the stock headcover is terrible. It's a PITA to get on and off. Gotta replace it soon! Oh and I'm playing mine at 19 degrees and it should in theory slot perfectly between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid.

How do you find the spin so far? I've always found that I have to hit with a more pronounced descending blow than expected with my F6 hybrids in order to manage the spin effectively.

The F6 Baffler is a 3W with a shorter shaft. Which club from the F7 line is the straight across trade, the FW or hybrid?

How do you find the spin so far? I've always found that I have to hit with a more pronounced descending blow than expected with my F6 hybrids in order to manage the spin effectively.

No issues with high spin so far. Like you I do try to put a descending blow on the club but this performs better when not going too steep. I will see if I can get on a launch monitor to compare the spin versus my Apex hybrids.

No issues with high spin so far. Like you I do try to put a descending blow on the club but this performs better when not going too steep. I will see if I can get on a launch monitor to compare the spin versus my Apex hybrids.

I meant more going the other way - I find the F6 with a standard strike doesn't produce enough spin

The F6 Baffler is a 3W with a shorter shaft. Which club from the F7 line is the straight across trade, the FW or hybrid?
The fairway. Except the F7 is longer, better, launches easier, better, more forgiving, and better.

I meant more going the other way - I find the F6 with a standard strike doesn't produce enough spin
You have to remember though, spin generation has as much to do with thr user and their swing as it does the club.

That said, the F7 is one of the lower spinning hybrids I've ever reviewed.

You have to remember though, spin generation has as much to do with thr user and their swing as it does the club.

That said, the F7 is one of the lower spinning hybrids I've ever reviewed.

I'm sure you answered this already, but did you get a chance to hit the F6 hybrids? I've gotten a few swings in with a 4-5. It doesn't seem to be high launching (probably more mid). If you have, would you say the F7 launches any lower?

I'd like to think the F6 fairways are more mid-high, and the hybrids launch a little lower than I'd expect. It's one of the reasons I'm intrigued by an F7 7-8 FW to replace my older 3-4 hybo.

I'm sure you answered this already, but did you get a chance to hit the F6 hybrids? I've gotten a few swings in with a 4-5. It doesn't seem to be high launching (probably more mid). If you have, would you say the F7 launches any lower?

I'd like to think the F6 fairways are more mid-high, and the hybrids launch a little lower than I'd expect. It's one of the reasons I'm intrigued by an F7 7-8 FW to replace my older 3-4 hybo.

Yeah, IMO the hybrids are a bit lower launching this go around from the F6, but, they're also lower spinning for me which plays a role there for sure. The fairways on the other hand, can be launch monsters depending on how you set it up.

I'd actually love to get a heavier weight to try in the back of the hybrid and see what that does for launch, if anything.

Yeah I can't comment on that. Like Jman said that will be dependent on the person swinging the club.

Yeah, IMO the hybrids are a bit lower launching this go around from the F6, but, they're also lower spinning for me which plays a role there for sure. The fairways on the other hand, can be launch monsters depending on how you set it up.

I'd actually love to get a heavier weight to try in the back of the hybrid and see what that does for launch, if anything.

Slightly off topic, but is the F7 FW higher or lower launching and spinning than the F6? The F6 was my favorite fairway wood from last year (and I tried or owned pretty much everything from the Big 5), and if the F7 is better that is a statement. I'm of average swing speed so launch out of a FW is important, particularly off the deck.

Back