Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

Slightly off topic, but is the F7 FW higher or lower launching and spinning than the F6? The F6 was my favorite fairway wood from last year (and I tried or owned pretty much everything from the Big 5), and if the F7 is better that is a statement. I'm of average swing speed so launch out of a FW is important, particularly off the deck.
Curious on this one as well. That F6 5-6w of yours is a solid stick. Probably the best I've seen you hit and up there with your 588 7w.

I tend to think improving playability by adding the rails is one of very few things that could improve the F6 FW line. I'm a big fan

Slightly off topic, but is the F7 FW higher or lower launching and spinning than the F6? The F6 was my favorite fairway wood from last year (and I tried or owned pretty much everything from the Big 5), and if the F7 is better that is a statement. I'm of average swing speed so launch out of a FW is important, particularly off the deck.

Curious on this one as well. That F6 5-6w of yours is a solid stick. Probably the best I've seen you hit and up there with your 588 7w.

Going to quote and answer these over in the fairway thread!

I tend to think improving playability by adding the rails is one of very few things that could improve the F6 FW line. I'm a big fan

I was very happy to see them extend the rail technology to other clubs this year.

Had an up and down day with this club today. When I hit it well I got a mid launch with decent roll out (still some soggy conditions here). I also had some straight duffs which can lead to massive divots haha. I do wish I could hit it a bit higher. I might look for a different shaft down the road if I feel the launch isn't high enough.

I've got these on the mind right now. I can't get over the thought that the rails could be amazing for me. Thanks for the great feedback too, it's really helped me with some questions I had.

Anyone have a picture of this club looking down at address? I'm real particular about hybrids, I don't like the short, stubby look of a lot of the models out there now. I prefer a "small 5 wood" look and this club seems to fit that profile based on pictures of the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a picture of this club looking down at address? I'm real particular about hybrids, I don't like the short, stubby look of a lot of the models out there now. I prefer a "small 5 wood" look and this club seems to fit that profile based on pictures of the bottom.

I can snap one tomorrow if nobody beats me to it.

Its not tiny, but its also not overly elongated front to back like some hybrids out there.

I can snap one tomorrow if nobody beats me to it.

Its not tiny, but its also not overly elongated front to back like some hybrids out there.

That'd be awesome, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

But yea I currently use the aeroburner hybrid and really like it but it's getting pretty worn...

Great review man! I love this club and it's been a long while since I've found myself loving a hybrid.

Picked one of these up today 2nd hand, but it looks new. Hope to put it through the paces tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked one of these up today 2nd hand, but it looks new. Hope to put it through the paces tomorrow.

Looking forward to your thoughts Ken. It will be in play for me tomorrow as well.

Curious to see how you like the rail/turf interaction.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

004229b164486c153bc84ad8c08794d8.jpg

243c4b355f040196ca5dd04e8e905635.jpg

Thanks dude.

I actually love the way that looks at address. Way more pleasing to the eye than a lot of the more "box-ey" type hybrids.

Thanks dude.

I actually love the way that looks at address. Way more pleasing to the eye than a lot of the more "box-ey" type hybrids.

No problem. I too prefer this design over my Apex hybrids.

I had kind of a mixed bag with it my first time out with it today, mostly because of my crappy swing. I put 3 pretty good swings on it, 2 that went around 170 which is a little shorter than I would expect, and then one that went 225 according to Arccos. Definitely looking forward to more usage.

I cannot wait till my 2/3 comes in

James
What do you think lends the F7 hybrid to a lower launch ? Design, shaft, etc?

I thought with the rails that this would put weight really low and help launch.

I bought the F7 driver this week and likely what Cobra has to offer these days so the F7 fairways and hybrid has me in ponder mode but I need launch in my hybryds. That's the reason I keep my Exotics Trilogy/Xrails in the bag. They launch higher and fly straighter than any other hybrid I've hit over the years.

Club called and the 3/4 hybo is in I'll be picking it up Friday. Woohoo!

Had a chance to hit the 4-5h the other day. At 25* I had no issues launching it. At 22* it was a different animal. Very low flight for me from a hybrid. Side to side dispersion was good for me though at both loft settings. Shaft length was an issue though. I play my hybrids -1" and the when set to more of a 5h (25*) I compared to the length of my 26* hybrid and the Cobra was 1.5" longer.
I hate being short lol

Club called and the 3/4 hybo is in I'll be picking it up Friday. Woohoo!

Eager to hear your thoughts, I'm curious about what you see flight wise.

Eager to hear your thoughts, I'm curious about what you see flight wise.

I am too how you said it was low launching combine it with the fact that I'm working on launch and spin with my instructor

Back