Cobra Forged Tec X

Man, I have a fitting at CC in a hour and didn’t need to see those pics to cloud my judgment. Definitely hitting them!

Quoting myself here but I was fit into the X with Modus 120. We tried everything and the X, MP 225, and P790 were the top 3. It ultimately came down to about 7-10 yards more in carry with similar or better dispersion but they were so so easy to hit and not as chunky as I thought they’d be. Feel wasn’t as great as the 225 but still felt really good. Carry averaged 192yds for a 6 iron which I will take any day and is about 12yds farther than my current gamers. A lot of people will be happy with these!

Quoting myself here but I was fit into the X with Modus 120. We tried everything and the X, MP 225, and P790 were the top 3. It ultimately came down to about 7-10 yards more in carry with similar or better dispersion but they were so so easy to hit and not as chunky as I thought they’d be. Feel wasn’t as great as the 225 but still felt really good. Carry averaged 192yds for a 6 iron which I will take any day and is about 12yds farther than my current gamers. A lot of people will be happy with these!
Wow that huge

That’s awesome. What is your handicap?

That’s awesome. What is your handicap?

I usually hover around a 12 but I’m still shaking off winter rust so let’s call it 15ish right now. For reference, I prefer an iron that looks more player oriented but I need some GI help too. These look thicker to me in hand rather than when looking down at address so they fit the bill to my eye and
were the clear performer for my game

Embargo can’t get here soon enough to get @Canadan and @Jman thoughts……

It will be at the end of next week and @ddec will have a feature story and in it there will be a testing video comparing both irons.

You know what's be crazy is if a Cobra staffer won the masters and then the following week they announced new clubs...talk about a big marketing boost/win for Cobra

Although with all the talk about how 🔥 these irons will be, they might not need extra help getting these in the hands of golfers

Was at Edwin Watts yesterday and the guys there said they should have the new Forged TEC irons on April 15th.

Although with all the talk about how 🔥 these irons will be, they might not need extra help getting these in the hands of golfers

I think the only thing that will hold them back a little here is the release date. I told just about anyone I thought would for into them to wait, but 4+ months is a long time. Some already went another direction. I'm curious to see how much retail stock they put out, because a few might pull a quick trigger when they're right in their face.

It will be at the end of next week and @ddec will have a feature story and in it there will be a testing video comparing both irons.

What's funny about the "late release" is a number of companies released irons very early on, but you couldn't get them until April 1.

Well, I look forward to seeing this comparison video!

Very excited for more info on these!

What's funny about the "late release" is a number of companies released irons very early on, but you couldn't get them until April 1.
Very true but having info out there "thank you hot list" makes it more painful

Very true but having info out there "thank you hot list" makes it more painful
It really did! Lol And the people I was talking about are already playing or soon to be playing their new irons. April 15th is a pretty late date to start ordering. The ones that waited will be rewarded though. These are fun.

It’s interesting the differences in release strategy. Some companies announce clubs way in advance of availability, others wait until they are ready to hit shelves. I don’t know what the sweet spot there is, but I prefer not having to wait overly long. So I’m fine with waiting to announce until clubs are ready for sale.

maybe i should put the driver ponder on hold and pivot to upgrading some forged tecs to forged texs

Depending on what hybrids are available for ordering I'm pondering a combo set for the MC bag

Back