Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

So I was fortunate enough to be given one of these at the UST shaft event, and paired with the Chrome Platinum 6X I have seen some pretty good results. The sound is an interesting one, sounds a lot like a composite metal baseball bat, but when I put a good swing on the ball, I am rewarded with some good numbers.

I don't think it is as forgiving as my GBB, but I am going to continue working with it to see what kind of results I can get on the course long term.

So I was fortunate enough to be given one of these at the UST shaft event, and paired with the Chrome Platinum 6X I have seen some pretty good results. The sound is an interesting one, sounds a lot like a composite metal baseball bat, but when I put a good swing on the ball, I am rewarded with some good numbers.

I don't think it is as forgiving as my GBB, but I am going to continue working with it to see what kind of results I can get on the course long term.

Maybe the shaft combo is better for me, but I feel like I get a lot more out of the F6+ so far than my GBB. I seem to be keeping it in play better and I've gotten it to a few spots on the course that the GBB couldn't reach. Cobra definitely did a great job on these.

Definitely need to perform more "research" between the GBB and F6+ though.

Maybe the shaft combo is better for me, but I feel like I get a lot more out of the F6+ so far than my GBB. I seem to be keeping it in play better and I've gotten it to a few spots on the course that the GBB couldn't reach. Cobra definitely did a great job on these.

Definitely need to perform more "research" between the GBB and F6+ though.

Even though I have played a few rounds (maybe three) exclusively with the F6+ over the past month/6 weeks, last Friday I was able to take both drivers to the range for the first time and hit them back to back. My naked eye results were that good shots with either the GBB or the F6+ carried to almost exactly the same area with a similar trajectory. I think I like the sound of the GBB better than the F6+, and I am more used to the feel of the Speeder 661 shaft (or lack thereof) since I have been playing it for a couple years now, but I still feel like I could find a setting with the F6+ that outperforms where I have it right now.

I need more range time to play with settings, but I'll probably switch back and forth between the two for a while playing whichever inspires more confidence that day. Definitely a great stick though.

I need to get a midsize grip installed on the F6+ though, that may help some of the inconsistency. I think I'll do that tonight (already bought, just never got around to it).

Received this monster Saturday and put it through some initial testing on the range this morning paired with my ust elements helium.

This has an awesome muted sound when struck, contact was pretty solid. Seemed to be getting similar launch to my gamer but distance was significantly better looking forward to getting more swings with this tomorrow in my league match

Received this monster Saturday and put it through some initial testing on the range this morning paired with my ust elements helium.

This has an awesome muted sound when struck, contact was pretty solid. Seemed to be getting similar launch to my gamer but distance was significantly better looking forward to getting more swings with this tomorrow in my league match

Sounds like there is some potential. I hope you floor this thread with your thoughts. I'm really interested in this one.

Sounds like there is some potential. I hope you floor this thread with your thoughts. I'm really interested in this one.

I'll have it out in my league tomorrow, I will probably hit driver on every hole except par 3s

Really liking what I'm seeing from this driver it's definitely setting up to be a big improvement over my bio cell. I never would have thought I would like a low spin driver like this as much as i do.

I'm playing 36 more holes so i'll have more thoughts after this weekend,

But twice, not once but twice I smoked my driver one was a low spin knuckleball and the other was a push fade and both hit the bunker...

And rolled THRU IT! Monster combination here.

Really liking what I'm seeing from this driver it's definitely setting up to be a big improvement over my bio cell. I never would have thought I would like a low spin driver like this as much as i do.

But twice, not once but twice I smoked my driver one was a low spin knuckleball and the other was a push fade and both hit the bunker...

The driver is a beast. That helium shaft with this head would be fun to hit

Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

The driver is a beast. That helium shaft with this head would be fun to hit

I think you would like it, you should swap out the M1

Last edited:
I've been bagging the pro version (with the Aldila LTD shaft) for a couple of weeks now and couldn't been happier. The flight is penetrating and the head is really responsive in terms of getting a feel of how you've hit the ball.
Some of the drives have been really bonkers in terms of distance. The other day I hit a 350 yard monster that enabled me to reach a par 5 in two by using an 8 iron on my second shot.

Summary; beautiful looks and great performance at a lower price point than most of the competitors.

I witnessed both of said drives. I also decided to give it a go on the same hole. It went boom. Great head with a distinct sound at impact.

Just picked up one of these beauties in blue. Gaming it with a RIP'D NV stiff shaft. It is producing a nice little draw with more length for me. I did notice the sound it makes is quite different than my Fly-Z driver but boy does the ball jump off the face. I have hit more fairways with this driver than any driver I have ever played. It seems to be a lot more forgiving. My average length with my old driver was 220-240 but now I am getting 230-260. I am not a long hitter but this club seems to give me more consistency.

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted.

So 54 holes with this in the bag Friday and Saturday swing was good and so were results, Sunday swing was a bit pff but still had some solid strikes.

I'm seeing 10-15 yards more distance than my bio cell, and flight is the same and slightly better on the well struck shots, i still have the weight all the way back to towering, shots from this driver still roll through bunkers like a champ.

Last Sunday and probably my best shot that I've hit to date was a long downhill par 5 that was 302 yards when normally my total distance is 250 maybe 260.

Such a great pairing with the elements helium.

10-15 yards is huge. Good to see the head/shaft pairing is working out for you.

I've only taken one swing with OITW's driver, but man was it a good swing.

Love the weight of the club - my XR is on the light feeling side, though I do hit it well. But I sent one dead center of the fairway, and GPS measured it at 277 yards. I'll take that all day, every day.

I've only taken one swing with OITW's driver, but man was it a good swing.

Love the weight of the club - my XR is on the light feeling side, though I do hit it well. But I sent one dead center of the fairway, and GPS measured it at 277 yards. I'll take that all day, every day.

You're welcome

You can game it for Best Ball

This driver is absolutely fantastic for me when I hit it correctly.

The pairing with the UST Helium is a winner. On the well struck shots, I'm seeing more distance, minimizing the left side miss and higher launch with the setting set to towering. I'm seeing 10-15 yards improvement over my bio cell.

The sound is definitely different, but it's a good different. Cobra has a winner here and all people need to do is get it in your hands and give it a swing, you will not be disappointed. Just see above for reinforcement.

Finally got to demo the F6+ properly today, and there is a new leader in the club house. Try as I might, I couldn't beat it with my vapor pro, which is a first so far, and the shaft is longer in my vapor pro. I think it was down to spin, the F6+ was a good 4-500 rpm lower on average.
Ponder engaged! I'll keep at it though because my VP generally fights hard to keep it's spot in the bag.

Some signiiiiiiiiiiificant price drops on the F6+ and F6 drivers from Cobra. With their custom options, it sure makes a tinkerer think!

I ponder nothing.

Well, maybe some HZRDUS Red, but that isn't happening ever.

Some signiiiiiiiiiiificant price drops on the F6+ and F6 drivers from Cobra. With their custom options, it sure makes a tinkerer think!

Couldn't resist :)

lol yeah you can't ever take the man for his word
Yep, everything I do, say, and write is a sham. At least that's what I've read on the Internet.

Confessions of a club ho... pretty sure none of us can be trusted! #OhLookShiny

[As I try to rationalize an F6 and matching Baffler...]

Back