Cobra KING F6 Fairways and Hybrids Preview

That's solid JS

That's solid JS

Thanks, man. I would have never thought I would have all Cobra as my driver, 3w, and 5w but here I am.

Welcome to the club Spicoli! Cobra knocked it out of the park with the F6 line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club Spicoli! Cobra knocked it out of the park with the F6 line.

No kidding. I'm excited to get my hands on the F7 line at some point.

Got in my first round yesterday with the F6 3w. Played with it set at 14.5 in neutral. The driver did not come out of the bag yesterday as I hit it off the tee on every hole except the par 3s. Biggest takeaway from yesterday was how consistent I was with it. I had one really bad swing with it which ended up OOB, but can't blame the club for it. On a few occasions after contact I looked up expecting to see the ball flight way off target only to find it heading down the fairway or it was offline, it was playable. Ball flight is definitely higher than what I am seeing from the 3deep. It may be a little shorter than the 3deep but I am willing to give up a few yards for not as punishing of a miss.

I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on the F6 2/3 Hybrid. For $99.00 I thought it was worth the gamble since I never hit one.

I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on the F6 2/3 Hybrid. For $99.00 I thought it was worth the gamble since I never hit one.

$99 is a great deal, F6 Hybrid is almost cheating easy to hit

$99 is a great deal, F6 Hybrid is almost cheating easy to hit

Well that's good to hear since it's replacing my beloved 2004 King Cobra 20* hybrid. Me and the old girl have been through a lot together but she has never has given me reason to replace her.

I know I'm late to the party but unless USGA changed its 14 club rule, my 3 wood just lost its spot in the bag. Today testing with the Cobra (2/3)hybrid set at 16* couldn't have went any better. For me it was more accurate & carried longer than the 3 wood since I'm much more aggressive with the swing. Wish I made the switch years ago...

I know I'm late to the party but unless USGA changed its 14 club rule, my 3 wood just lost its spot in the bag. Today testing with the Cobra (2/3)hybrid set at 16* couldn't have went any better. For me it was more accurate & carried longer than the 3 wood since I'm much more aggressive with the swing. Wish I made the switch years ago...

Glad to hear you found something is really working for you.

I've been quite happy with my F6 3w. I don't think it's as long as my 3deep was, but I am far more consistent with it, especially on the mishits. I was getting the 3deep out there close to my driver at times, so I am ok with the Cobra not being as far potentially. Sad news to report though is that I was hitting the 3w off a sandy lie and I hit a small rock that was underneath the ball or sand and I now have a little battle scar on the sole of the 3w. The sacrifice was not made in vain as I pulled off the hero shot and got up and down for the birdie.

I got my F6 3/4 (15.5*, Towering for now) last week paired with the Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 shaft I was fit for back in December. Needless to say I am stoked to get this on the course; I hit this combination better than any other club during my fitting. Should it prove to be reliable off the tee and deck, I should be able to add another wedge to the back and drop a wood.

Oddly the hybrid didn't work for me despite me loving the driver & fairway.

I moved the heavy weight to the forward position to lower the ball flight and like what I saw on the range. Ball flight seemed a little flatter. I still cannot get over how forgiving this club is.

I really wanted to buy the F7 5-6 wood but after spending so much money on my trip already I was looking for a bargain. I hit this head to head and liked what I saw so picked it up for a great price.
It's a great looking club;
e44834b08ff1c814c239be027521cde2.jpg

I love looking down on it and all my playing partners were certainly taken with it.
29dc7e8c5dae3723c174728a84af8308.jpg

I set it at 17.5 Draw and found that if I play a slight fade swing then I can bang out the exact same towering straight shot time after time.
I was a bit worried about distance relative to my 7 wood so I tested it out;
71b5764ceca786c47db384c884da3c5e.jpg

The first ball is with the 7 wood and the others are with the F6. There's a good 20-30 yard difference which is great as it gives me another option off the tee and deck since I'm now playing a Bertha Mini 1.5.
I put the weight forward and seem to find this the easiest configuration to play with. The weight back was just too high. I've never seen shots that high before!
I really do like this club, if you're looking for a bargain then you can't really go wrong with this.

Good stuff, Faiz. I've got the F6 3w in the bag and I am very happy with it. I like the deeper face and the feel is fantastic.

Back