Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

My fairways are definitely showing signs of wear, but I've hit 140 shots with my 3 wood plus practice time, and I've had my share of chunked drives with them. I'll post a picture of mine to see if it's what you're experiencing.

I'd appreciate it. It was mostly with the bottom though I do already see a few ball marks on the face.

That being said, it's only the tour 5w. My regular 3w is actually completely fine.

My fairways are definitely showing signs of wear, but I've hit 140 shots with my 3 wood plus practice time, and I've had my share of chunked drives with them. I'll post a picture of mine to see if it's what you're experiencing.
Yeah I'm pretty sure mine is showing some wear as well but it definitely has been used a lot.

The 3 wood has some scratches on the face as well.

Nothing that feels out of the ordinary compared to previous fairways that I've used.

Here is my 5 wood. Face is doing well, the leading edge has some wear. Nothing that seems out of the ordinary, if anything I feel like the face is doing really well.

If I were to estimate I think I've hit the club somewhere between 100 and 125 times

9a111daba932db6092832693b825a580.jpg
a6095ae65d2bd54c171a52f90ea0ddb2.jpg

Good lord Giles, are you hitting it out of sand?!
Let's say I'm known to hit down a bit and range here is definitely on the sandy side....

Here is my 5 wood. Face is doing well, the leading edge has some wear. Nothing that seems out of the ordinary, if anything I feel like the face is doing really well.

If I were to estimate I think I've hit the club somewhere between 100 and 125 times

9a111daba932db6092832693b825a580.jpg
a6095ae65d2bd54c171a52f90ea0ddb2.jpg

Okay this is totally what I"m talking about! My leading edge looked like that after..20 hits. The face looked a bit marked up. It wasn't out of sand but it was that arizona dry driving range.

For the past couple of seasons I've gamed the Cobra F7 fairway wood. I had never hit a fairway off the deck better - in fact I struggled so much with fairway woods that I had swapped them all out for hybrids.

Well fast forward to this past weekend and I found, not one but two fairways that perform better than my F7 - both as distance clubs off the tee and off the deck clubs.

I think the biggest improvement though for me in the two 2019 models vs the 2017 model is that both heads launch higher and land softer - these are great for long approach shots into greens.

Looking at my Cobra Connect data both clubs are above 50% FIR regulation for after approx 5 rounds of golf.

Love my F7 5-6. We'll see how the F9 driver goes, but dunno if I could stomach replacing my 5W. Love that thing. Not surprised but good to know that these are an improvement as I thought the F8s weren't noticeably better (for me anyways).

My 3w performed really well off the tee for me yesterday. Solid sound and the ball goes far.

Only had 1 chance to hit it off the deck and I topped it. Uneven lie. I’ll be practicing this more as I’m seeing long distances in the sim off the mat.

It’s a keeper.

Love my F7 5-6. We'll see how the F9 driver goes, but dunno if I could stomach replacing my 5W. Love that thing. Not surprised but good to know that these are an improvement as I thought the F8s weren't noticeably better (for me anyways).

So I thought my blue F7 5w would never leave my bag but seeing all these awesome Morgan cub vets talk about their tours, I thought I'd make the leap into the tour 5w. I then also hit my F7 7w back to back to compare.

Even with the tour, I get a slightly higher/better stopping power ball flight with this new 5w. My F7 7w tends to just float and come down really steep. Overall these tour/non tour F9s really FEEL like they penetrate a bit more and come hotter off the face. You totally should try an F9. While I'm not totally sold on the tour head for the 5w, i'm so glad i got the CNC faced' 3 wood to replace that F7.

So I thought my blue F7 5w would never leave my bag but seeing all these awesome Morgan cub vets talk about their tours, I thought I'd make the leap into the tour 5w. I then also hit my F7 7w back to back to compare.

Even with the tour, I get a slightly higher/better stopping power ball flight with this new 5w. My F7 7w tends to just float and come down really steep. Overall these tour/non tour F9s really FEEL like they penetrate a bit more and come hotter off the face. You totally should try an F9. While I'm not totally sold on the tour head for the 5w, i'm so glad i got the CNC faced' 3 wood to replace that F7.

That would be consistent with Cobra’s marketing of the F9 fws. I believe the company claims the F9 to be 1 to 2 mph faster, which is attributed to the cnc milled face and the SPEEDBACK.

Team Hackers has had a Google Hangouts chat going since the first of the year. We were just talking about the idea of carrying two drivers or a driver and a thriver. My immediate thought was it might be a consideration, but the F9 3 wood is so great and long that it moots the thought of carrying two drivers, at least for me. You only give up 10 or 15 yards and you still have a club that is so easy to hit from the fairway. Why give up that duality?

Team Hackers has had a Google Hangouts chat going since the first of the year. We were just talking about the idea of carrying two drivers or a driver and a thriver. My immediate thought was it might be a consideration, but the F9 3 wood is so great and long that it moots the thought of carrying two drivers, at least for me. You only give up 10 or 15 yards and you still have a club that is so easy to hit from the fairway. Why give up that duality?

I honestly don't even think I'm giving up 10-15 yards with the F9 3W compared to a second driver/thriver. I play mine 13.5 degrees (which is pretty close to what a second driver/thriver would play at), plus it has the added bonus of extra forgiveness when hitting off the deck due to its head shape and the baffler rails. You also have the benefit of better dispersion with the 3W compared to another driver in the bag. When I did a trackman session with the F9 Driver and the F9 3W right before the MC, I was seeing on average 270 carry/290 total for driver and 250 carry/270 total for 3W. Based on those numbers, in my mind, there really isn't a need for a thriver when you take into account all other factors (dispersion/forgiveness/turf interaction).

I honestly don't even think I'm giving up 10-15 yards with the F9 3W compared to a second driver/thriver. I play mine 13.5 degrees (which is pretty close to what a second driver/thriver would play at), plus it has the added bonus of extra forgiveness when hitting off the deck due to its head shape and the baffler rails. You also have the benefit of better dispersion with the 3W compared to another driver in the bag. When I did a trackman session with the F9 Driver and the F9 3W right before the MC, I was seeing on average 270 carry/290 total for driver and 250 carry/270 total for 3W. Based on those numbers, in my mind, there really isn't a need for a thriver when you take into account all other factors (dispersion/forgiveness/turf interaction).

Exactly my point. I didn’t mean that one would give up 10 or 15 yards relative to a thriver. I meant 10 or 15 yards relative to my driver. Throughout the week of the Morgan Cup, including two practice rounds before we went to Haig Point, my total distance with 3 wood, as reported by Arccos/Cobra Connect, was about 15 yards less than driver.

So right now I'm tweaking the 3 wood around. I now have it set at 13* and have shortened the length down to 42.5"

I'm playing this mostly just as tee club right now as I figure out the top of my bag. Off the tee it is an absolute weapon for dog legs and when I just dont have room for driver.

Compared to the tour it has shallower face and a larger footprint. Spin wise, going down to 13* helps remove a bit of spin difference between the tour and speedback version.

I can’t believe how long these things can be off the tee. I took a stupid aggressive line off the tee where if it went straight I was going to cut the dog leg and if it was a draw it was going to be in the fairway. Carried 231. Longer than some of my drives today.

I like.

I can’t believe how long these things can be off the tee. I took a stupid aggressive line off the tee where if it went straight I was going to cut the dog leg and if it was a draw it was going to be in the fairway. Carried 231. Longer than some of my drives today.

I like.

73456951a9bda2e33b2e70ff4e804b9b.jpg

588f253209c93ca25f6447a7f2d62be2.jpg

These are fantastic options off the tee - yardage and or accuracy- so good

Getting these dialed in, I’m going to have great confidence when the season is in full swing.

I originally ordered these with the specs +1.5* 16* 3W and 20* 5W

Based on some LM numbers I changed the settings for the MC to down 1* and I had success with the clubs.

However today, in the original settings the clubs performed better than They have since they’ve been in the bag.

My Cobra F9 3, 5, and 7 woods performed very well today. Off the tee the 3 wood was a fairway finder and I absolutely middled one that went 245 according to Arccos. I took both the 5 and 7 woods off the fairway with good results even though the strikes weren't great. For the first time I'm actually going for par 5s in 2 which I was never able to do previously.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hit the 3 wood two times today off the tee and loved both of the shots. One simple draw, one baby fade (I blame the car driving past me on the left as I was swinging lmao). Both struck beautifully, sounding great, and getting a bit of rollout.

I'd probably like to see the flight come down just a hair, but outside of that, I love what I am getting out of it.

I utilized the 3W and 5W quite often in my round yesterday, and had great success with them off the tee and on approach shots. The highlight of my round with the F9 woods was on the Par 5 11th hole. Sitting ~200 yards to pin, I hit a high cut out of the rough with the 5W that flew over a green side bunker and landed gently on the green, giving me an eagle opportunity. Both the 3W and 5W have the ability to fly high for me, allowing me to attack greens with them on par 5s and very long par 4s.

17a5b9fd5751ceb4d70015c964f11337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have 27 holes in so far, and I've only hit a small handful of shots with my 3 wood but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Great ball flight, great sound, great turf interaction off the deck.

Once things dry out around here I'll be making a lot more use of this club off the tee and that has me excited.

I need to add some weight to the head of mine desperately. I knew the swingweight felt light, but I didn't know how light til I set up my swingweight scale last week.... C7. lol

I've got out for a couple rounds now and had the opportunity to hit my F9 3 wood both off a tee and off the deck and I have to say I absolutely love this club. I hit one of if not the best 3 wood of my life today. I was 230 out into a little breeze and hit a nice high fade to about 10 feet.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Like I mentioned in the FTB thread, my round today really tested the toe forgiveness of all my clubs. :beat-up: Just like the FTBs, the F9 fairways are super forgiving on toe-side hits. I hit a tee shot on a short par 4 with my 3 wood out on the toe. The ball went nearly as far as some of my better drives of the day. It was a low-ish shot and rolled out, but I ended up closer to the green (and in better position) than my buddy who hit a nice drive with his driver.

Upshot: toe-sided forgiveness is seriously good with these.

Back