Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Fairway Woods

I'm pretty happy with this 3w after plugging in the Tour AD BB shaft. I liked the ballflight with the shaft that came with it. But I bought it used, and they shortened it up quite a bit which made the swingweight stupid light. Right now it's at 42 3/4" and a swingweight of D3.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can’t say enough good things about these fwy’s. I have both the 3w and 5w with the Tensei blue shaft and they both just want to go long and straight. Definite weapons in the bag and really glad I went with the 5w instead of hybrid.

The 3 wood and 5 wood got a workout in my round yesterday as i was off with my driver. I kept it in play off the tee and had a personal best score of 13 over. I stated the day with 3 pars due to being on the short stuff off the tee. I know my scores will continue to drop as long as I play smart with these.

Looking forward to getting the F9 driver, F9 irons and F9 fairway wood in i hope the next few weeks so i can get some range time before my next batch of golf. I have always bee a fairway fan, more so than hybrids, and often carry 2 in my bag.

I got in 3 holes before an unexpected downpour yesterday. I hit a 5 wood down the center of the fairway for the first 2 holes which was a great start to the round. I have so much faith in these fairway woods and it has helped me with scoring. It's unfortunate the rain ruined it as my swing felt good.
f2d356f13fefef769d9e4d1b5cb0fb5d.jpg

I got in 3 holes before an unexpected downpour yesterday. I hit a 5 wood down the center of the fairway for the first 2 holes which was a great start to the round. I have so much faith in these fairway woods and it has helped me with scoring. It's unfortunate the rain ruined it as my swing felt good.
f2d356f13fefef769d9e4d1b5cb0fb5d.jpg

That looks like my kind of course, lots of room to spray it to the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why 3 woods are so hard for me to change out. I LOVE my F9 3w. But man, I keep wanting to swap back to my old one just because I'm extremely comfortable with it. The funny thing is, on a launch monitor, the F9 shows to be a little longer. But on the course, I feel like my old 3w is longer. I guess I either need to just commit to the change, or not change at all. I'm a mental case, i know. lol

looking up specs, one thing i just noticed of lie angle, seems my Callaway Steelhead XR are 55 degrees (3+ and 4+), and seems the 3-4 i ordered is almost 4 degrees more, at 58.75 will be interesting to see if that has any effect on me

That looks like my kind of course, lots of room to spray it to the right

Yes.. The first few holes on the front and back are that way and then there are houses tight on the right. That's why I like fairway woods on most of these. There's a certain homeowner who has had words with me when I take driver off of one of the tees.. Lol

Out at the range yesterday with my entire set of Cobra clubs... According to the SC200, I should be seeing between 240 and 250 total yards (carry and rollout) with the 3 wood, which is really where I hope to be for the courses I play most. In order to optimize my scoring chances, I need a club that I can use on some severe doglegs that won’t let me roll through into trouble, but still leaves me with a 9 iron or wedge into the green. I really feel like the F9 3 wood fits that bill.

Attachments

• 569094A3-8093-4107-8776-7F591DAC415C.jpeg
    569094A3-8093-4107-8776-7F591DAC415C.jpeg
    664.4 KB · Views: 1
There's a certain homeowner who has had words with me when I take driver off of one of the tees.. Lol

To me it’s hard to feel sorry for the homeowners who buy a house 150-300 yards off the tee box. It doesn’t take too much golf education too know it’s a bad idea..

To me it’s hard to feel sorry for the homeowners who buy a house 150-300 yards off the tee box. It doesn’t take too much golf education too know it’s a bad idea..

Tell me about it. My home course changed a beautiful par 4 into a par 3 because homeowners were complaining about errand tee shots. You knew what you were in for when you bought the house.

My f9 4-5 tour is getting bored in the bag. Past 3 rounds he hasn't been summoned.

My round before this current driver streak he made a huge appearance and boy did he shine. Nothing like hitting solid recoveries into from 235+ out and hitting the green like a champ. On the 18th hole I was able to hit a high cut that stopped within a yard of its pitch mark.

This club is a weapon.

4fde4c5ba55cc246c9dd02ca264c15cb.jpg

EDIT: I will add some thoughts to this picture, which are that this club has been gradually been earning its way into the coveted 3/4w spot. This position is important to me as a reliable less than driver tee club. I need reliable flight and shape, and to know I count on 3w as a fairway finder when needed. Typically I am fairly particular here, and I'm just a few rounds deep. Things I like are that I am not missing left, I get pretty nice flat trajectory but still with some good launch. I'm playing it at 15.5* - though I may eventually loft down toward 14.5 because I've yet to need to hit a shot from the deck with it. From observing on course flight the spin is in a decent place for me. Looks amazing to my eye, and feel is solid as many others have noted. Not too many quibbles here, I have a couple of nagging shaft ponders. I am pretty happy with how this club is earning its stay in the bag.

Last edited:
I’m starting to get really comfortable with #ThePinkLady off the deck.

Nice high flight holds greens pretty well

fe9b784613015fcfbd44f20e59d31a26.jpg

bc84d6b71d0b6c754fc0eb886caec4d8.jpg

Iggle

I’m comfortable with these, not lights out, getting there with the 5W - a lot closer than the 3W

I’m not sure if I need a 3W had mucho success with the Thriver last year.

The club is serviceable and a weapon in the right hands. Possibly thinking shaft change - MCA Tensei in the 3W - still pondering though

3W i’m much better with off the tee than the deck

Cobra Connect Data

29a9d0a095e2f645feb351be68d27608.jpg

585f416820cd96d55aaf0eae4518dc3c.jpg

5W performance:

75fc1f01e5a8ddc88b325efc063fac19.jpg

4dcfabe6a52a04238fa507b4eae811e1.jpg

e83d1cabba6590368747d3cd8ef7d2f7.jpg
e83d1cabba6590368747d3cd8ef7d2f7.jpg

As I mentioned before the 5W is my go to - I feel like the driver/3w/5w have been improving the more I game them - however the 5W is further ahead than the other two.

Such comfort from the tee/the deck and great performance - pairs so well with the HZRDUS RED shaft mid high penetrating ball flight

Baffler rails in both the 3W/5W are an upgrade from the F7 5W I had.

Turf interaction and by turf thick heavy mud haha with all the rain that’s what we have here is fantastic

Doesn’t dig and get stuck- such a great versatile head which is what you want from a wood

Snuck out for a quick 9 today and these FW woods continue to impress me off the tee and the deck. Easy to launch and fly straight. Also love the sound, very similar to the driver sound. Shot of the day was with my 3W with a helping breeze, poked it out there nearly 300 and in the middle of the fairway. It’s so nice to have these clubs be reliable off the tee while I continue to work through some dispersion issues with the driver.

957638e387962f87488fcb9c37e2bfeb.jpg

Snuck out for a quick 9 today and these FW woods continue to impress me off the tee and the deck. Easy to launch and fly straight. Also love the sound, very similar to the driver sound. Shot of the day was with my 3W with a helping breeze, poked it out there nearly 300 and in the middle of the fairway. It’s so nice to have these clubs be reliable off the tee while I continue to work through some dispersion issues with the driver.

957638e387962f87488fcb9c37e2bfeb.jpg

Should of hit driver on that hole and knock it on the green.

Should of hit driver on that hole and knock it on the green.

The way I’ve been hitting driver it would have ended up on another holes green haha

... Also love the sound, very similar to the driver sound.

I have a feeling that Cobra put some effort into the sound on this one, and whoever did gets major kudos. There is a solidity of strike across 3w and Driver... both feel quite powerful and connected with kind of a damp crack that just gives confidence. I think it may have to do with the wraparound carbon crown (on top of carbon in general) but regardless, thanks Cobra for paying attention to the details.

The sound of these fairway woods is perfect. I was reluctant to swap out my fairway woods because I'm so comfortable with my old faithful Titleist 915F's. But now that I have the 3W dialed in, I'm looking at purchasing the 5w as well. That 3w has been an absolute weapon for me off the tee, and stupid easy to hit off the deck.

My love for the f9 tour 4-5 is absurd. It is a very safe club for me to use off the tee that can still get an absurd amount of distance while at the same being super easy to control.

Have to shape the ball around a tree to an elevated green, it can do that. Need to hit a chasing low runner down the fairway or onto a green it can do that.

Pretty much everything I ask it to do it can do. The shape is both confidence inspiring and comfortable to the eye. It just works. The rails make every lie playable and the forward weight mentally makes the club more versatile.

Everything about this club and I will be hard pressed to think of a club that will get it out of my bag. If anything it makes me rethink other portions of my bag for how much I love it.

My love for the f9 tour 4-5 is absurd. It is a very safe club for me to use off the tee that can still get an absurd amount of distance while at the same being super easy to control.

Have to shape the ball around a tree to an elevated green, it can do that. Need to hit a chasing low runner down the fairway or onto a green it can do that.

Pretty much everything I ask it to do it can do. The shape is both confidence inspiring and comfortable to the eye. It just works. The rails make every lie playable and the forward weight mentally makes the club more versatile.

Everything about this club and I will be hard pressed to think of a club that will get it out of my bag. If anything it makes me rethink other portions of my bag for how much I love it.

The F9 FW woods are my favorite clubs in the bag, and that’s saying a lot because I have love for the entire F9 lineup in my bag.

The F9 FW woods are my favorite clubs in the bag, and that’s saying a lot because I have love for the entire F9 lineup in my bag.

I’m totally smitten with the pink lady, need to spend more time with Bumblebee

I was at the range tonight and started mashing my F9 7-wood then my F9 5-wood off the grass. This is a shot I previously could not pull off yet now hit it confidently. The 3 wood is a fairway finder off the tee for me. It impressed me in my MC singles match and has only gotten better the more I hit it.

Here's one for ya. This morning I hit my F9 3w fantastic. Long and straight all day... but on the 13th, a little too long and straight. I hit a nice high baby draw right up the middle. I'm thinking I have a 3/4 wedge left to go. Bent down and picked up my tee before it landed and looked back up just in time to see the ball land in the trees on the other side of the fairway... 285+ carry. Oops. lol
e221aabc0ae539af35f5cf937e3d189c.jpg

Back