Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

Interesting, for sure. Can't wait to hear about how it performs!

I'm intrigued and confused. i'm really curious what this driver is going to sound like with the window in the bottom.

First new driver I ever had was a 460cc 9' King Cobra... loved that club! Guessing this one may be slightly more advanced :D

This is the first driver in a while that has really piqued my interest ( well, along with the new GBB ) - really looking forward to Freddie's thoughts!

must hit. so out of the box!

I'm still excited about yagley hinted at during liita, but it wasn't this, and I'm glad because this looks so freaking cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! Cobra stepping up their game after a very successful launch of the Fly-Z driver line!

Pretty awesome. Love seeing King Cobra again. Below 0 CG and 0-12g custom port weighting is really pretty awesome.

Oh yeah the King has been re-throned! Talk about a tech packed driver!!!

Really awesome concept! Looking forward to seeing what all this does.

I love the shape of it, the translucent port on the bottom is gimmicky and will make me wait for a possibly more normal looking driver down the line.

Sounds like a LOT of technology and fun packed into this thing. It just looks fun!! I can honestly say this is crazy exciting. I think I've still got an old offset King Cobra here somewhere that was always fun to hit. Can't wait to hear/see more. Great article.

I think the window is kind of brilliant...beyond the functionality, it will be an instant eye-grabber amongst all the other driver soles in every golf store display.

Love the sounds of the technology in this driver! and not surprised with Yagley's experience in aerospace technology

not convinced about the window beyond the novelty value but it looks like a really solid new offering with some good tech progression, as a currently cobra driver user I will certainly give it a hit!

First impression after reading everything again: the port seems gimmicky and overshadows the true technology cobra has packed into the driver.

I like that they've brought back the KING name. SpacePort, however, is just silly.
So...you can see inside the head until you scratch the SpacePort, and the weights go inside. I'll admit the results sound impressive, even if I don't see how you can increase ball speed without upping the CoR.
I can "visually access" the inside of the head? I imagine that's a fairly austere view, but ok. Somewhat cool.

Is this coming out in various models, or is it likely just a "better player" driver? I'll certainly be looking for these, but I'm getting an almost SLDR vibe. Lower spin heads and I don't seem to get along.

I'm trying to wrap my head around all that technology. I'm definitely going to need someone smarter than me break it down and see how it can benefit me. I love the idea and love seeing Cobra push the envelope.

This is going to be fun. Looking forward to following along as much as I can today.

Interesting design certainly allows for a lot of weight to be moved

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I like that they've brought back the KING name. SpacePort, however, is just silly.
So...you can see inside the head until you scratch the SpacePort, and the weights go inside. I'll admit the results sound impressive, even if I don't see how you can increase ball speed without upping the CoR.
I can "visually access" the inside of the head? I imagine that's a fairly austere view, but ok. Somewhat cool.

Is this coming out in various models, or is it likely just a "better player" driver? I'll certainly be looking for these, but I'm getting an almost SLDR vibe. Lower spin heads and I don't seem to get along.
There's a standard and pro version

Oh my... Holy smokes am I excited to see this thing. The tech is unreal, and I find it fascinating that you can see the inside of the head.

Have been a big fan of their drivers...eyes wide open

So...you can see inside the head until you scratch the SpacePort
How do you know the port will scratch up? You haven't even seen it yet. You'd be surprised with what they can do with certain plastics, assuming the clear part is plastic.

The transparency of the spaceport is the least impressive thing about the driver to me. Just being able to open it up and see inside would be enough for me. But cool nevertheless. Really more interested to hear Freddy's thoughts on the new material composite and the lower CG and "neutral axis" as it pertains to real life experience. Very excited for this review, maybe more so than any this year.

Sounds like a LOT of technology and fun packed into this thing. It just looks fun!! I can honestly say this is crazy exciting. I think I've still got an old offset King Cobra here somewhere that was always fun to hit. Can't wait to hear/see more. Great article.

You and me both. Just pulled it out to just look and smile. Amazing how far design and technology has brought us!

You and me both. Just pulled it out to just look and smile. Amazing how far design and technology has brought us!

No doubt! That offset is crazy!! Haha

Back