Cobra KING MIM Wedges

Still think they are pretty demanding but really nice on days like today being able to flight them down and not get caught in the wind.

Why’d you miss the greens? Do we need an intervention with the FTs?

Hahahaha! It wasn’t by much! I’m digging the FTs.

16014162697757340837528303517681.jpg

I'm liking the spin on partial wedges with these, so far.

I went versatile on the 54 and classic on the 60.
They are beautiful with the black KBS shaft

Early morning thoughts. These have been really good in 1/2 and 3/4 shots as I get more used to them. Easy to flight low and checks up nice. Confident in ability to control the distance which is the most important thing. Still not sure about my grind choice as I'm still having some trouble with getting through this sticky clay texas soil. And the V grind take a lot more effort through thick rough than I'm used to, the classic grind for the 50* might have been better to give me options.

Last edited:
What was your grind thought?
I went with a similar grind set up with what I had with my former wedges which were WIlson PMP. Only change was I had 56 with WIlson and went 54 with these. Time will tell

Short game is back on point had quite a few greenside shots inside of 3 ft for the 9 today.

one bad hole but really had shot with the spot i out myself in

still think these are better than King Black Wedges

Short game is back on point had quite a few greenside shots inside of 3 ft for the 9 today.

one bad hole but really had shot with the spot i out myself in

still think these are better than King Black Wedges
Do you they spin more than the King Black? When I got my new set I felt like the Black were more clicky and didn't spin as much as the MIM.

Do you they spin more than the King Black? When I got my new set I felt like the Black were more clicky and didn't spin as much as the MIM.
This is the exact thing I found. The MIM was softer and spun more. I noticed it even on chips. I couldn't elevate the ball as easily with the king black

This is the exact thing I found. The MIM was softer and spun more. I noticed it even on chips. I couldn't elevate the ball as easily with the king black
I was tempted to switch out the wedges with the MIM wedges but didn't want to mess anything up before the trip.

I was tempted to switch out the wedges with the MIM wedges but didn't want to mess anything up before the trip.
Probably a smart choice. I played the king black in the MC last year and they performed fine for me. I prefer a softer wedge and immediately took to the MIM wedges when they arrived

I also think the MIM spin more, they are definitely softer feeling but man the glare is blinding sometimes haha

I have to be honest about the MIM wedges for me....I'm not complaining, I'm just reporting on the results I've experienced. I've hinted at this before, but what I've found is that these wedges are great on full shots for me. I'm happy with the spin rate and happy with the stopping power on those full shots. But I've seemed to lose some spin on short chips around the green. I've adjusted for it the more I've played, and ended up playing for more roll out and I'm now used to the results, but I still miss some bite I used to have on certain chip shots.

I have to be honest about the MIM wedges for me....I'm not complaining, I'm just reporting on the results I've experienced. I've hinted at this before, but what I've found is that these wedges are great on full shots for me. I'm happy with the spin rate and happy with the stopping power on those full shots. But I've seemed to lose some spin on short chips around the green. I've adjusted for it the more I've played, and ended up playing for more roll out and I'm now used to the results, but I still miss some bite I used to have on certain chip shots.
What were you coming from before?

Callaway Jaws....
Interesting. I find MIM to have plenty of spin around the green. What ball are you using? Is it the same ball you used with the Jaws?

Interesting. I find MIM to have plenty of spin around the green. What ball are you using? Is it the same ball you used with the Jaws?
Yes same ball, Srixon Z star, but the more I think about it, I think part of it is probably due to the fact that in my chipping style, I'm working on trying not to come into it so steep. I used to come in quite steep. Caused more spin, but also caused more mishits on the chips, i.e...bladed and chunked chips. So I have less misshits, but also less spin. I'm guessing that may be a big contributing factor.

I feel the MIM wedges have certainly elevated my short game by leaps and bounds from where I was at with Callaway MD4's. The soft feel of the ball just gives me confidence. I have really started to see some stopping power on greens with them the better I am getting.

I was 1 day late in ordering these and and my desired shaft went out of stock. Then Bryson won the US Open and I guess I'll be waiting a lot longer now lol

Back