Cobra KING MIM Wedges

I love the grinds from Cobra. Watched the video and cool to see Jose Miraflor still with them.
I have to say as nice as the Cobra wedges are (have some Tour Trustys down in the basement) the bounce often leaves me wanting a touch more, especially in the 58º. I like that widelow grind, as that seems to be whats on my Trustys, as its sole width gives it some forgiveness. But just a tad more bounce would be helpful. The MIM is interesting. The 303 heads feel soft, but the Trustys it was almost like there wasn't enough mass behind the shot? Sounds like these are as precise as you can get the heads which is cool from the weight perspective for each head.
Those Trustys didn't spin a ton either. The grooves are what's going to drive wedge purchases for me most often.

I have really gotten to like these MIM wedges. As I've stated before wedges might be my favorite part of the game. I wish I could order a 50 to replace the set GW but it is not to be right now, maybe at some point. Anyway plenty of spin and versatility with these. I do kind of miss the WL grind on my 58 though.

They’re really good, play most of my golf home on bent and mixing it up and playing bermuda and zoysia grass the past two weeks and keeping it pretty consistent has been fun and they’re living up to the “versatile” grind names

Out of curioisty, I clicked on the trade in link to see if my Tour Trustys would net me much if traded in toward Cobra product.
$3.10 per wedge after Fedex shipping label. I kid you not. I wanted to barf. :cautious:

Wedges are the only thing not part of the Cobra family right now. I enjoyed the Classic and Widelow grind. Now that the MIM wedges offer those I might get a 52 Classic bent to 54 and a 58 Widelow

I did think of a question: any issues with bending/adjusting this MIM material for loft and lie? Any special care?

No worries with bending. Material is very soft.

For those who moved from King Black to MiM wedges, did you notice any differences in distance? Mostly on full and 3/4 swings. And any other differences, besides the softer feel

For those who moved from King Black to MiM wedges, did you notice any differences in distance? Mostly on full and 3/4 swings. And any other differences, besides the softer feel
More touch shot improvement than anything

Had more hole
Outs with the blacks but was a disaster around the greens

full disclosure shafts in the MIMs are different/preferred to shafts I had in Blacks

wedge lofts are different as well, same with grinds

More touch shot improvement than anything

Had more hole
Outs with the blacks but was a disaster around the greens

full disclosure shafts in the MIMs are different/preferred to shafts I had in Blacks

wedge lofts are different as well, same with grinds
Hmm that's food for thought. I've been contemplating replacing my 56, which I use for basically anything 70-110, half - 3/4 - full shots. I love the Black 60 around greens, but maybe I'd like MiM even more? I was thinking of replacing 56 now and 60 later, maybe I should reverse that

Hmm that's food for thought. I've been contemplating replacing my 56, which I use for basically anything 70-110, half - 3/4 - full shots. I love the Black 60 around greens, but maybe I'd like MiM even more? I was thinking of replacing 56 now and 60 later, maybe I should reverse that

I’ve said it before in here, the MIM is an upgrade on the PūR which I thought were better than the blacks

I also have the black MIMs so i can let you know how those go post MC

I’ve said it before in here, the MIM is an upgrade on the PūR which I thought were better than the blacks

I also have the black MIMs so i can let you know how those go post MC
I was thinking silver for the 56 and black for the 60 (pairing visual flow with irons). Am curious what differences you notice, if one feels softer than the other. I also like that I can get a similar shaft in these as my TECs

The biggest difference for is the softer feel and the occasional blinding glare when pulling it out of the bag haha otherwise no differences in distance, in fact if anything these might be a few yards shorter for me

The biggest difference for is the softer feel and the occasional blinding glare when pulling it out of the bag haha otherwise no differences in distance, in fact if anything these might be a few yards shorter for me

+1 on the glare lol

No worries with bending. Material is very soft.
I figured as much given the 303 stainless. Was curious if there was anything that happened to the metal structurally from this process when they "melt out" the binding materials in the MIM process. (They didn't break on me, but remember those Cleveland CMM material wedges years ago?)

I'm liking the idea of pairing at least a 60º MIM bent to 59º with the 50 & 54 Tour Trustys since they're the same head material anyway and don't need as aggressive grooves for those lofts and the soles/grinds look very similar. All part of a little Cobra project I'll have to work on... :cool:

Still loving these wedges very very much. Anything from 100 yards and in, and I'm looking at how close I can get the ball to the hole. Distance control very consistent and a lovely soft feel from the face. Short game stats dropping rapidly at the minute, and I'm certain that most of it is down to these.

Very few lies that they won't get out of, and the 60 out of bunkers is almost automatic. The grinds just seem to flat out work for me.

Still loving these wedges very very much. Anything from 100 yards and in, and I'm looking at how close I can get the ball to the hole. Distance control very consistent and a lovely soft feel from the face. Short game stats dropping rapidly at the minute, and I'm certain that most of it is down to these.

Very few lies that they won't get out of, and the 60 out of bunkers is almost automatic. The grinds just seem to flat out work for me.

Which grind is everyone finding success with out of the sand?

Which grind is everyone finding success with out of the sand?

In the PŪR and King black i had the WL in 60° and had much success

Went Versatile and 58° in the MIM sand game was better than the other two march - july

last month i’ve been struggling though

Wedges are the only thing not part of the Cobra family right now. I enjoyed the Classic and Widelow grind. Now that the MIM wedges offer those I might get a 52 Classic bent to 54 and a 58 Widelow

They really are that good 👊

I now have a short game....these wedges have easily knocked a couple of shots off my game. I'm not sure if it's because I've never had a consistent set of wedges before, but these just feel right in my hand. Confident swing and these just go where they're meant to, plenty of check and feel great. Loving them time and time again!

I just ordered a 52 Classic and 58 Widelow in the black finish. Will be curious to see how the finish holds on the black. The DBM wedges never really showed wear.

Back