Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Decent driving day today...took no penalties off the tee which makes me happy.
B8295AD6-109B-439D-955C-E20DD9165863.jpeg
To be clear— this course doesn’t have clearly defined fairways so the 4/14 is extremely deceiving. None of the balls that show missed were penal at all.

So my move from the standard head to the Xtreme is really paying off. Not the longest combo I have gamed, but the consistency is looking good so far. I am liking the Ventus Black shaft quite a bit and will need to try it out in the regular head to see if that is the difference maker.

So my move from the standard head to the Xtreme is really paying off. Not the longest combo I have gamed, but the consistency is looking good so far. I am liking the Ventus Black shaft quite a bit and will need to try it out in the regular head to see if that is the difference maker.
Happy to hear the switch is paying off sir!!

Just put in play an EXTREME with a KBS TD shaft-great combination. Also cut it down to 44 1/2 inches.
What’s your thoughts on the KBS? You can message me if want. Just picked one up.

Another round in and still amazed how consistent the combo of the Speedzone and the LINQ purple is. Used the driver 12 times in today's round. 7 of 12 fairways hit. I had 2 really bad swings that cost me. If I remove those from the count, that's 7 of 10 when I put a good swing on it.

Distance numbers for the 10 shots:
- low 261 ( first hole )
- high 312
- avg 290 yards

And the surprising part to me was I wasn't swinging the driver well at all. Most of my shots were low on the face or out on the toe. I think I only hit 2 of them all day anywhere near center. Even on an off day, this thing keeps me in scoring positions which is insane to me.

Latest creation
SZ Xtreme with FGS+ Electric with Lamkin ST Hybrid Calibrate grip.
45”, D3

1D66CDA9-9826-4EBF-B251-9355DB5AF95E.jpegB1AF2521-95B0-43B3-AB3D-9C633D2473D1.jpegB1201620-FED8-4626-8429-A961165E5A4D.jpeg431671B3-7197-4924-8A49-9944488746E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Hands down the biggest improvement I have seen from the F9 to the SZ is the forgiveness towards the extreme edges of the face. I have hit some stinkers high on the face or low and on the heel, and still have ended up with the ball 225+ down the hole and in the rough. It gives me a chance to recover and be aggressive.

Hands down the biggest improvement I have seen from the F9 to the SZ is the forgiveness towards the extreme edges of the face. I have hit some stinkers high on the face or low and on the heel, and still have ended up with the ball 225+ down the hole and in the rough. It gives me a chance to recover and be aggressive.
Agreed. Today I hit one was a high baby draw only went 220. Looked and it was nearly a crown shot off the toe. Almost laughed as the would have chipped the paint off my F9 and snapped hooked

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Something's in the water up here. Was at the range last night. It was 4 other random guys and I. All of them had the speed zone. 4 yellows and a white. I should have asked one of them to hit it. I have not yet gotten to do so...

Such a great driver, and a good quality headcover as well which is a nice bonus.

Agreed. I think the F9 felt better across the face, but the SpeedZone retains ball speed much better on misses, especially my prevalent miss, low and heel side.

I now have three full rounds in with the new Pars and Stripes driver. My distance with it is creeping up. I had three drives today that were over 290 yards and, since it is my home course, I know what to expect and two of these were absolute bombs. The club treated me particularly well today, with Arccos reporting a +5.1 index driving day.

C7940ABC-C45D-4CB4-AC5C-FB309DD2A412.jpegDE03FE6F-7604-44B4-9E48-F95DBFFA1B87.jpeg

Oh, mama. I cannot hit it any longer than this. Thank you Pars and Stripes.

0FFA8B40-5039-4DB9-9F45-803D6515E421.jpeg

I actually started to hit bombs with mine the last few rounds. Finally figured it out.

I don’t know that I have ever driven the ball any better than I am right now with the SpeedZone standard head and the Ventus Blue 6S shaft. Today, Arccos has my driving handicap at +5.6. When I make a good pass at the ball, I am getting a low spin mid-high launch that is moving very little right or left.

Pretty solid outing today with the SZ. As I’ve said previously I believe the head is pretty fade biased, so I’ve decided to just embrace it and start playing for it. In doing so I put together the best driving round since I started using Arccos.

0C8AE667-3EB5-420C-B96B-9C0244ECFBDE.jpeg
Distance wasn’t quite what I’ve seen but there were several drives today into a surprisingly strong headwind.

I've got the Xtreme head, but I kinda want to grab the normal Speedzone as well. How many extra yards is everyone seeing with the lower spin head?

Great driving day used my SZ on 12 holes. Hit 9 fairways and only 1 bad drive all day. Was long too often 20 or more yards past one of my buddies who were are often close to each other.

One observation compared to my F9.
F9 feels better softer overall. Both have same loft yet I have the F9 lofted down 1* to 9.5 and still hit higher than with seeing of SZ at 10.5. SZ also is more fade biased. I lifted up to 11.5 and ball flight was mid penetrating and dad straightened out!

Great driving day used my SZ on 12 holes. Hit 9 fairways and only 1 bad drive all day. Was long too often 20 or more yards past one of my buddies who were are often close to each other.

One observation compared to my F9.
F9 feels better softer overall. Both have same loft yet I have the F9 lofted down 1* to 9.5 and still hit higher than with seeing of SZ at 10.5. SZ also is more fade biased. I lifted up to 11.5 and ball flight was mid penetrating and dad straightened out!

Interesting. I definitely agree that the F9 feels softer. I feel that the SZ retains ball speed better on misses. To me, those are the two material differences. I haven’t noticed the launch differences, but I had two different shafts.

brought the Xtreme and Speedzone out yesterday. Pretty much solidified that the Xtreme will stay in the bag unchallenged for a long long time

couple things I noticed and one being very obvious... the Xtreme is so much more consistent and forgiving. bad strikes just dont go offline much at all. What I really found yesterday was how different of feel the 2 heads had. I rotated both heads yesterday with a Ventus Black, Ventus Blue, and Lin-Q gunmetal to see if maybe one shaft made the heads feel different to me. The Xtreme has a dampening effect at impact while also feeling powerful... can feel the trampoline effect of the ball exploding off the face

The Speedzone contact, IMO, felt horrible. The face felt hard at impact and i could not tell where I was hitting the ball. To me it felt like hitting a baseball away from the sweet spot on a wooden baseball bat

Since using the Xtreme ive said its the best driver ive played so Im really not too shocked by this. Im comfortable with the Xtreme and it flat out performs

brought the Xtreme and Speedzone out yesterday. Pretty much solidified that the Xtreme will stay in the bag unchallenged for a long long time

couple things I noticed and one being very obvious... the Xtreme is so much more consistent and forgiving. bad strikes just dont go offline much at all. What I really found yesterday was how different of feel the 2 heads had. I rotated both heads yesterday with a Ventus Black, Ventus Blue, and Lin-Q gunmetal to see if maybe one shaft made the heads feel different to me. The Xtreme has a dampening effect at impact while also feeling powerful... can feel the trampoline effect of the ball exploding off the face

The Speedzone contact, IMO, felt horrible. The face felt hard at impact and i could not tell where I was hitting the ball. To me it felt like hitting a baseball away from the sweet spot on a wooden baseball bat

Since using the Xtreme ive said its the best driver ive played so Im really not too shocked by this. Im comfortable with the Xtreme and it flat out performs

Interesting comments. The two heads definitely feel different to me, but I definitely don’t think the standard head feels horrible. You have a well refined swing, so I am not trying to be critical. Is it possible that you are making contact high on the face of the standard head? What you are describing, although it certainly is not to the degree that you describe, is what I feel when I make contact high on the face.

Think I'm going to give the extreme a go this weekend. Worried it's going to spin a bit much though.

Interesting comments. The two heads definitely feel different to me, but I definitely don’t think the standard head feels horrible. You have a well refined swing, so I am not trying to be critical. Is it possible that you are making contact high on the face of the standard head? What you are describing, although it certainly is not to the degree that you describe, is what I feel when I make contact high on the face.
I wouldn't doubt it. Im having a hard time locating where im striking it, but id guess high toe side with slightly open face or path. Jose mentioned both 9* speed zone and Xtreme are open and fade biased (speedzone is more biased of course) but im missing right more with the speedzone

I wouldn't doubt it. Im having a hard time locating where im striking it, but id guess high toe side with slightly open face or path. Jose mentioned both 9* speed zone and Xtreme are open and fade biased (speedzone is more biased of course) but im missing right more with the speedzone

That is interesting. Jose would know. I have both 9 degree heads. To me, the Xtreme head is neutral. If I am lazy with my swing, the standard head miss is right, for sure. If I make a good pass and release the club head, the standard head definitely gives me more pop, lower spin and more distance. On average, for me, the standard head is about 10 yards longer, which is significant.

Back