Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

That is interesting. Jose would know. I have both 9 degree heads. To me, the Xtreme head is neutral. If I am lazy with my swing, the standard head miss is right, for sure. If I make a good pass and release the club head, the standard head definitely gives me more pop, lower spin and more distance. On average, for me, the standard head is about 10 yards longer, which is significant.
The first time on course when centered, the speedzone was 12 yards farther than the Xtreme... my avg distance with Xtreme this year is 292 on Arccos so I have no room to complain. over the course of a full summer I would bet money the Xtreme would have a higher avg distance than SpeedZone for me personally. Perfect balls im sure the SZ has more pop, but on avg bc of less than perfect strikes the Xtreme flat out wins

brought the Xtreme and Speedzone out yesterday. Pretty much solidified that the Xtreme will stay in the bag unchallenged for a long long time

couple things I noticed and one being very obvious... the Xtreme is so much more consistent and forgiving. bad strikes just dont go offline much at all. What I really found yesterday was how different of feel the 2 heads had. I rotated both heads yesterday with a Ventus Black, Ventus Blue, and Lin-Q gunmetal to see if maybe one shaft made the heads feel different to me. The Xtreme has a dampening effect at impact while also feeling powerful... can feel the trampoline effect of the ball exploding off the face

The Speedzone contact, IMO, felt horrible. The face felt hard at impact and i could not tell where I was hitting the ball. To me it felt like hitting a baseball away from the sweet spot on a wooden baseball bat

Since using the Xtreme ive said its the best driver ive played so Im really not too shocked by this. Im comfortable with the Xtreme and it flat out performs
Similar experience for me. I have not had any luck at all with the standard head, but find the Xtreme to be pretty solid and forgiving.

I know for me, my game is probably better suited for the extreme vs SZ. This even came up in conversation when I was demoing the clubs a few months ago at a cobra event. My reasoning for choosing the SZ over the extreme was a quality of miss. For my swing, the extreme produces a much bigger left to right miss than the SZ. Event though I didn't get a chance to really tinker with too many shaft options, when I ordered the P&S version, I went with the SZ and have not been disappointed.

I have another fitting with our local Cobra guy next Monday morning to work on the driver. I'm still not 100% convinced that I have the right setup for me. I'm hitting the Xtreme well (on good swings!) but still can't shake the feeling that I have a decent amount of distance that I'm leaving on the table. I'm going to experiment with going back to standard length, and also the standard SZ with a few different shafts. I know there is the combination out there to make this come alive for me, is just a matter of landing on it. Excited to tinker!

Heading out to the course here in a few with a new grip on the THCE driver shaft, a new shaft (Tensei White) and a lighter weight in the Xtreme. Will report back after the round

Heading out to the course here in a few with a new grip on the THCE driver shaft, a new shaft (Tensei White) and a lighter weight in the Xtreme. Will report back after the round
Look forward to your thoughts on this, the Tensei White is on my radar as well.

I have another fitting with our local Cobra guy next Monday morning to work on the driver. I'm still not 100% convinced that I have the right setup for me. I'm hitting the Xtreme well (on good swings!) but still can't shake the feeling that I have a decent amount of distance that I'm leaving on the table. I'm going to experiment with going back to standard length, and also the standard SZ with a few different shafts. I know there is the combination out there to make this come alive for me, is just a matter of landing on it. Excited to tinker!

Good luck!

Long and straight, my man!.

Swings gone to sh!t the driver is definitely fade biased now 😂

It’s definitely not you, it’s the driver. They definitely have personalities and misbehave. Time to go on a buying binge of different shafts, weights, and, if that doesn’t work, a different head. ;)

Swings gone to sh!t the driver is definitely fade biased now 😂
Oh you don't need to tell me, I am FORE RIIIIIGHT every time I swing it at the moment.

Oh you don't need to tell me, I am FORE RIIIIIGHT every time I swing it at the moment.
:ROFLMAO: Have been right there with you on the right. Fortunately, my miss right hasn't been so far off to be out of play. My last time out, I only played 9 but hit more fairways than I usually hit in 18.

Tinkering is good. I've tried different lengths, shaft, and weight. Will see what happens my next round this weekend if my last time out was an anomaly, or if I finally figured out the right combo for my Xtreme. (y)

:ROFLMAO: Have been right there with you on the right. Fortunately, my miss right hasn't been so far off to be out of play. My last time out, I only played 9 but hit more fairways than I usually hit in 18.

Tinkering is good. I've tried different lengths, shaft, and weight. Will see what happens my next round this weekend if my last time out was an anomaly, or if I finally figured out the right combo for my Xtreme. (y)
Oh mate, my right is very right. Very very right indeed, usually reload before it even reaches the top of its flight. Totally swing related, I'm sure.

I think maybe a combination of shaft and weight. I'm not sure what shafts my guy will have, but if there aren't any that really do the business then I might just throw a few quid down on a couple of ebay shafts and have a play around. This site is terrible for making me tinker :LOL:

Oh mate, my right is very right. Very very right indeed, usually reload before it even reaches the top of its flight. Totally swing related, I'm sure.

I think maybe a combination of shaft and weight. I'm not sure what shafts my guy will have, but if there aren't any that really do the business then I might just throw a few quid down on a couple of ebay shafts and have a play around. This site is terrible for making me tinker :LOL:

I with you on the bad swing. However, for me, the Xtreme has eliminated the far right shot. My miss right is very playable.

I have not tinkered with the shaft in the Xtreme. I'm still using the Helium 5 Black that I selected. To be honest, I don't know enough, or anything for that matter, about shafts where I would have a clue to make any change. And I'm not one to go and try different shaft combos. Not surprisingly, I have never used a launch monitor, I know nothing about the spin or distance that I'm getting and I don't want to. I go by the eye test.

I with you on the bad swing. However, for me, the Xtreme has eliminated the far right shot. My miss right is very playable.

I have not tinkered with the shaft in the Xtreme. I'm still using the Helium 5 Black that I selected. To be honest, I don't know enough, or anything for that matter, about shafts where I would have a clue to make any change. And I'm not one to go and try different shaft combos. Not surprisingly, I have never used a launch monitor, I know nothing about the spin or distance that I'm getting and I don't want to. I go by the eye test.
Oh, now I didn't say I knew what I was doing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, now I didn't say I knew what I was doing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are much more advanced than I am. I don't know my Tensi White from my Ventus Blue. And forget about Smoke Yellow.

I haven't the slightest if any of the shafts that are on the way to me will work for me or not, but it'll be fun trying them out. :ROFLMAO:

Most of the shafts I have played are Low spin/Low launch spec'd shafts. Trying one to see what a Mid spin/Mid launch will do.

Although I couldn’t get these to work for me, I put one of my 8th graders into one (LH) and he went out and shot 81 from 6400. 👀

Well I didn't have my best today unfortunately. I started with my shaft since that has what I have been playing recently. The lighter 10g weight is noticeably lighter. I want to say the flight was not quite as high and the sound was not quite as loud. Still had my right miss but I put that on my swing as the first few swings the ball wanted to go left on me.

On the back 9 I put in the Tensei white. For some reason it immediately felt slightly heavier to me, I'm guessing because its not counterbalanced like my shaft is? Not sure. Anyhow the Tensei definitely seemed like a slightly more penetrating flight with lower spin. My misses right were just right or a little fade not big misses and hit a couple really well. I wish I could say that this one went farther too but it didn't. Even with lower flight and seemingly less spin my yardage numbers are about the same, so I guess thats where I top out. The one thing I do think this shaft might allow me to do is loft up to 10 and maybe try the D setting as well so I might try that as well. If it wasn't going to be 100 today I'd hit the range but hard pass on that heat haha.

I have league tomorrow and will be hitting lots of driver so I'm going to leave in the Tensei and see what happens when I hopefully bring a better swing to the table.

Well I didn't have my best today unfortunately. I started with my shaft since that has what I have been playing recently. The lighter 10g weight is noticeably lighter. I want to say the flight was not quite as high and the sound was not quite as loud. Still had my right miss but I put that on my swing as the first few swings the ball wanted to go left on me.

On the back 9 I put in the Tensei white. For some reason it immediately felt slightly heavier to me, I'm guessing because its not counterbalanced like my shaft is? Not sure. Anyhow the Tensei definitely seemed like a slightly more penetrating flight with lower spin. My misses right were just right or a little fade not big misses and hit a couple really well. I wish I could say that this one went farther too but it didn't. Even with lower flight and seemingly less spin my yardage numbers are about the same, so I guess thats where I top out. The one thing I do think this shaft might allow me to do is loft up to 10 and maybe try the D setting as well so I might try that as well. If it wasn't going to be 100 today I'd hit the range but hard pass on that heat haha.

I have league tomorrow and will be hitting lots of driver so I'm going to leave in the Tensei and see what happens when I hopefully bring a better swing to the table.
Good luck. I wont be able to get out this weekend. But I have had a right side miss recently. If I slow things down enough with the driver I can straighten things out but then I feel I am missing some power.

Man, the extreme does not seem to agree with me. Granted I threw it in a weird setup, but it must be 30-40 yards shorter than my ef subzero.

Man, the extreme does not seem to agree with me. Granted I threw it in a weird setup, but it must be 30-40 yards shorter than my ef subzero.

Pretty different profiles there.
Sort of like comparing a g400 Max to a g400 LSt.

More info please? Curious about the two setups and whether you were fit for either or otr?

I had my second round with the Xtreme yesterday. I hit 6/10 FW where 2 were just off the fairway but very playable and one was in the front bunker on a 320 yard hole (playing downwind). There were no penalties off the tee, but one ballooned to the right and ended up behind a tree root that forced a sideways punch out.

This is not the longest driver I have, but it is VERY playable for me. I suspect my spin is in the high 2k to low 3k range based on ball flight and distances I am seeing. I hope to get on a monitor soon to verify. I currently have it set at 8* in the D setting. I would say I am about 20 yards shorter with this combo than my Epic Flash SZ but I feel very confident with it off the tee. I think this coming week I will try the Ventus Black in my standard SZ head and see how that combo performs for me.

I had my second round with the Xtreme yesterday. I hit 6/10 FW where 2 were just off the fairway but very playable and one was in the front bunker on a 320 yard hole (playing downwind). There were no penalties off the tee, but one ballooned to the right and ended up behind a tree root that forced a sideways punch out.

This is not the longest driver I have, but it is VERY playable for me. I suspect my spin is in the high 2k to low 3k range based on ball flight and distances I am seeing. I hope to get on a monitor soon to verify. I currently have it set at 8* in the D setting. I would say I am about 20 yards shorter with this combo than my Epic Flash SZ but I feel very confident with it off the tee. I think this coming week I will try the Ventus Black in my standard SZ head and see how that combo performs for me.

Been playing the Xtreme all of this year and compared it on course to the SIM, SIM MAX, Cally Mavrik, and Ping 410Plus. The Xtreme was the best in dispersion and one of the longest combo's I hit (SIM was the longest but by far the most inconsistent). My SS for reference is 115-118 and actually just switched shafts from the Tensei Orange 70TX to the Aldila RIPX 75TX. The RIPX has my spin down around 2200 on draws, 2400-2500 on straight balls, and around 2700 for fades (which i don't hit much). I also have my own shop with a tour van hotmelt station and added hotmelt to the front and toe side of the driver. It's really been a great setup and i've absolutely increased fairways hit

Back