Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Have played a couple of 18s over the past few days and am really really struggling off the tee. Nothing to do with the driver at all, just have a big slice creeping back in, last night I actually launched one two fairways to the right. That's right....two. Have had a really rough couple of weeks work wise, so think I'm just tired and not concentrating too much and getting a bit lazy with the swing so needing to dial it down a bit. Although, the distance is slowly creeping back. After I changed the weights to a heavier one, I immediately saw about 10 yards extra and the head sounded infinitely better, a bit more muted. I have another fitting in a couple of hours just to try some other shafts, standard length and also give the regular SZ a try. Despite all my woes off the tee, am loving this driver, I really am.
That used to be me off the tee. The Orange whip virtually eliminated the big right miss for me. Might be worth a try.

That used to be me off the tee. The Orange whip virtually eliminated the big right miss for me. Might be worth a try.

What specifically did you find with the Orange Whip that you believe helped you eliminate the big miss right ? I'm asking because I've considered an Orange Whip.

Had some big drives for me yesterday,.......

FIR wasn't the best, but I only had 1 ball from the driver that was penalty/"lost" me a shot (course isn't the easiest driving course out there). had 3 drives over 260 which for me is good. They had the tees back (playing much closer to the scored card yardage on most) on a number of holes including the par 5s. One of which, a big drive give me about 200-210 into the green. Tees back on this hole and I ended up with 210 into the green. I have reached that green before in two numerous times.

The drive I was stoked about..... Numbr 10 is a longer par 5. Even my best drives I typically will have to hit a career 3 wood as well to reach in two. Well yesterday, again tees at the back of where they typically place them, freaking smoked a shot that left me 230ish into the green. Hit a great but not perfect 3 wood to the front which ended up rolling to the back but still had putt for eagle. First time ever on that hole..... It was awesome.

Had a few skanky drives off the toe or low on the face and this thing still kept me in and farther than where it should have been.

This thing will stay in the bag a long time i feel. Just wanting to get a lin-q into it to see how it performs compared to the helium setup.

That's interesting, what was it that you did with the Orange whip that helped out? I have a feeling that I need to spend more time working on my setup which I think is the issue more than the actual swing itself. The ball has been creeping further and further forward in my stance which I didn't realise until my fitter pointed it out. More range time needed I think!

Quite interesting about the setup. Happy to hear that you have that part figured out.

I've been reflecting on this overnight and actually quite relieved. Means that I can actually stop having that thought in the back of my mind that maybe I need to tweak something, and instead have to just put the hours in and work on a few things. Playing a really tough course on Friday, so will have to get things sorted out before then!

Well that certainly is interesting. Glad to hear you had the right setup all along.
That'll teach me to question the experts :LOL:

Had a chance to play 18 with the SZ X over the weekend. It was essentially it's last chance to wow me and planned to move on if it didn't work out..
I wasn't too fond of the shaft I ordered with it (Tensei Blue AV 55R) initially but went to the range the night before and worked it out along with a couple of other shafts. It seemed to produce the straightest shots so I gamed it.

Being a short knocker anything over 225 I am usually happy with. Especially with a couple of the fairways having standing water from the course overwatering.

Ended up with 9/14 Fairways hit, only 1 OB and 1 other tee shot where I was blocked from the green.
Distance was up there too: 230, 255, 227, 228, 232, 248, 258, 236, 261 (cart path aided), 240.
I have played this coursed 50 times since 2016 and my avg driver distance for those rounds according to Game Golf is 218yds. So to average 233 with a "P avg" of 248 showed this one can bomb it out there. Granted conditions are ideal right now temp and firmness wise. Many of those rounds factoring into the 218 yd avg were played in cooler and wet conditions. If In only count nicer weather months my avg at this course is 220yds.

So back to the driver rotation it goes o_O

I've been reflecting on this overnight and actually quite relieved. Means that I can actually stop having that thought in the back of my mind that maybe I need to tweak something, and instead have to just put the hours in and work on a few things. Playing a really tough course on Friday, so will have to get things sorted out before then!

Hopefully it will be somewhat warm (for Scotland) and no rain for your round on Friday.

The Xtreme is the full package. Setup is not as long as my F9 was.

However I never was able to do what I did tonight with the F9

View attachment 8953366

Please do tell more about that 236 yard 2nd shot. Inquiring minds want to know. Especially regarding the Xtreme off the deck.

The Xtreme is the full package. Setup is not as long as my F9 was.

However I never was able to do what I did tonight with the F9

View attachment 8953366

ok..... I haven't really mentioned it too much because I am still working on it haha, but I have hit this thing a few times off the deck. Once I can get it straightend out, its going to be a real weapon on those longer par 5s. The launch is higher than my 3 wood and the carry is almost as far as my bad drives go off the tee (around 225 ish) its insane!!!

The biggest issue is I am still pushing most of them right so just need to fine tune it. @DNice26 saw me hit a few back in february i think? bad shot results but super high and good length haha.

Driver off the deck .....oh yeah.

Hopefully it will be somewhat warm (for Scotland) and no rain for your round on Friday.

I hope so, looking like being cool with only light showers which is as good as can be hoped for. Playing Trump International Links so fingers crossed - supposed to be immaculate.

Just back from the fitting and interesting results - not at all what I expected. I tried a number of shafts at tour length to start with in both heads, and the Xtreme still gave the best numbers. The standard SZ was longer by about 10 yards, but I did get an extra 10 yards of carry with the Xtreme so decided to stick with that to get the extra launch. The Hzrdus shaft I had in it actually gave the best numbers as well which I wasn't expecting at all. And the standard length shaft? Made absolutely no difference whatsoever, total carry in about the same place as the TL. Seems that I had the right setup all along once the weights were right. I honestly thing my next course of action is a set of driver lessons just to try and get a better swing put on the ball. Slightly disappointed that there wasn't a magic key to unlock the driver, but at the same time is good to know that the setup has been optimised for me.

I am in the same boat as you and took a lesson a few weeks back. Not sure if it was the lesson or I finally figured out from my tinkering with shafts and weights, but I am getting much better results from the driver the last 27 holes. My lesson involved a grip and slight stance change, so it could just be those are getting me in a better position to get better swings at the ball.

I hope so, looking like being cool with only light showers which is as good as can be hoped for. Playing Trump International Links so fingers crossed - supposed to be immaculate.

Hope it stays that way. Enjoy your round.

What specifically did you find with the Orange Whip that you believe helped you eliminate the big miss right ? I'm asking because I've considered an Orange Whip.

For me its perfect to get the club into a good inside position. Plus it helps to complete the backswing, collect at the top, and then start the downswing.

Today was my best driving day yet!
Used it 8 times in a tight course. Hit 7 of 8 fairways and one that missed 5 yards right.

Had a drive of 288 on a hole that doesn't get much roll. My longest ever on that hole and am now 52.

Consistently 250 to 260.
Also discovered teeing it low fires off low straight bullets. Perfect when you need it in play.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Hit driver pretty well today overall. New setup with Tensei white and lighter 10g weight has eliminated the big right miss for the most part but still seeing really high and spinny flight. I lowered it 8*D today and it helped some.

I'm playing the Xtreme and even on poor swings ( a usual occurrence for me ) I'm keeping the ball in play.
Off the Deck huh ??
Please do tell more about that 236 yard 2nd shot. Inquiring minds want to know. Especially regarding the Xtreme off the deck.
ok..... I haven't really mentioned it too much because I am still working on it haha, but I have hit this thing a few times off the deck. Once I can get it straightend out, its going to be a real weapon on those longer par 5s. The launch is higher than my 3 wood and the carry is almost as far as my bad drives go off the tee (around 225 ish) its insane!!!

The biggest issue is I am still pushing most of them right so just need to fine tune it. @DNice26 saw me hit a few back in february i think? bad shot results but super high and good length haha.
Nailed it.

was pretty straight for me though, not as high launching even with the helium as my 5/7 woods but definitely has me second guessing the other head I ordered lol

Nailed it.

was pretty straight for me though, not as high launching even with the helium as my 5/7 woods but definitely has me second guessing the other head I ordered lol
I could hit Xtreme off the deck even at 8 I think with the launch I’m getting haha

I threw the Xtreme head in the bag this evening for 9 holes, even though I have been loving my Pars and Stripes. The Xtreme head with the Smoke Green shaft is quite a monsterous combo. The forgiving head combined with such a low spin shaft provides a high launch, low spin ball that can really get out there, but also feels repeatable.

Last edited:
Just got the Pars & Stripes Speedzone driver - what a thing of beauty :love: ! Great job Cobra!!!

Back