Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

The Xtreme is way more consistent for me as well. I played around with the standard with the Ventus Black and had some success, but there is something about the standard head where I can rarely have back to back outings and get similar performance. That head is too unpredictable for my swing.
Yea standard SZ was very inconsistent for me... or more likely im very inconsistent lol. There were times when I walked 9 by myself id hit both drivers on a wide open par 5. SZ would be 10 - 15 yards past the Xtreme, but then next hole would be 25 yards shorter bc a less than perfect strike

SZ has more potential but Xtreme is the clear consistent performer in both distance and accuracy

I couldn't keep the SIM in the air. I tried it late last year for sh!ts and giggles and hit more knuckle balls with that thing. And I din't like the sound on it. :dohanim:

Between knuckle balls and super low launch it just didnt fit me this year. Which is weird bc many reviews talk about SIM being easier to launch this year but I found m5 all last year to give me 13 - 14* launch and go forever. SIM is faster yea, but m5 gave me high launch/low spin

Doesn't sound like the SZ is for me.. and I really can't do the size of the extreme head, it's way too big

Doesn't sound like the SZ is for me.. and I really can't do the size of the extreme head, it's way too big
I wouldn’t rule either out without trying. I was convinced the Extreme was for me. Then I was sent the standard due to a back order situation and loved it. By the time I tried the extreme, I didn’t give it much a chance because I liked the standard. Maybe had I started with extreme and played it for a few months I would have felt different. I am playing the standard in draw setting and usually get a nice fade with it.

Really struggling finding fairways with the Speedzone. Can’t get this driver dialed in. Could be more the swing and not a ton of confidence. Anyone have an xtreme they want to trade?

Another great driving day with my Pars & Stripes Speedzone.

Been thinking if this club was fade bias or not and for my swing, its definitely not. Hit baby draws all day. Setting is "flat -1" with the 14 gms weight in the back. I just got a 10 gm and 6 gm, might see how I go with these weights to flatten the flight a bit.

It is as long as my Epic Flash Sub-Zero with the same Ventus Velocore Blue shaft, but it looks like this head is a little more forgiving. Having said that, I will have to try my 1 plane swing with the EFSZ, to be fair comparison.

Another great driving day with my Pars & Stripes Speedzone.

Been thinking if this club was fade bias or not and for my swing, its definitely not. Hit baby draws all day. Setting is "flat -1" with the 14 gms weight in the back. I just got a 10 gm and 6 gm, might see how I go with these weights to flatten the flight a bit.

It is as long as my Epic Flash Sub-Zero with the same Ventus Velocore Blue shaft, but it looks like this head is a little more forgiving. Having said that, I will have to try my 1 plane swing with the EFSZ, to be fair comparison.

Head also looks 💯 better 😉

I just got one in with an x stiff hzrdus yellow and it came with 2 red weights....?? I didn't get the 2g clear weight... Any ideas why?

I just got one in with an x stiff hzrdus yellow and it came with 2 red weights....?? I didn't get the 2g clear weight... Any ideas why?
Did you order tour length or standard? The tour length driver comes with 18g/6g weights that are both red.

The SpeedZone is the only club in my bag right now that I have full confidence to swing. It has been dead straight to a small fade for me, with huge distance.

I think the rolled edges of the face should become a standard for all clubs. The high/really high miss has been so much more playable because of it. I have had balls that would have been 100% sky marks find the fairway ~200 yards deep. Having played the F9 before the SZ, I feel confident saying that the SZ has been an improvement, especially on misses.

Last edited:
I enjoy the Tour Length with helium shaft hit some good controlled shots

not the longest but well placed

3.9 driving handicap from my round tonight on a course Inplayed for the first time

I think you hit this driver better than any I've seen you play.

I think you hit this driver better than any I've seen you play.

I think from a carry perspective Yes - the F9 with Oly was ssoooooooo good and longer though -

I’m not one to see a big difference in sound between this is X and the F9 though.

both iterations are super - thinking of getting a 10.5°x or reg head and plugging in the OLY and then going two driver as you know I love that setup and we know I can mash the speedzone off the deck

The SZ and Linq purple continues to deliver. Had my best accurate driving day in a while. Had 5 shots 295+ with average being 281 for the day on a very tight course off the tee. Hit this beauty dead nuts straight and long. To bad I couldn't find the damn green. :banghead:

Capture+_2020-08-02-21-55-47.png

The SpeedZone is the only club in my bag right now that I have full confidence to swing. It has been dead straight to a small fade for me, with huge distance.

I think the rolled edges of the face should become a standard for all clubs. The high/really high miss has been so much more playable because of it. I have had balls that would have been 100% sky marks fond the fairway ~200 yards deep. Having played the F9 before the SZ, I feel confident saying that the SZ has been an improvement, especially on misses.
Agree 100%! The F9 gave me the distance and confidence in the driver again but was a bit unforgiving away from center and had slight left bias. This club is so forgiving all over the face. As said above I have skied 2 drives this year that went 220 straight that another driver would be a popup and a need for touch up paint.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I can say with extreme confidence, when my swing shows up and I get good contact, Speedzone Xtreme is just incredible. :love:

EFC09B73-8949-458D-BC2D-B37EBF1869B2.jpeg

Finally made it out to the range this past Friday. It was about 100 out and not ideal conditions for driver testing. The Xtreme and Hzrdus Green combo had some moments, but it was tricky to get going. Lot of dead shut hooks and low face contact. I cranked the loft up a little and had some more consistent launch windows after I made some adjustments. Ultimately I suspect my D-5 SW with the 70g hzrdus green shaft just wasn't working for me.

I took the lead tape off last night which brought me back down to D2.8. Gonna try it there and hope it helps shift my strike pattern up a little. I also have an Atmos Tour Spec Black 7X on the way I got for a song. I'll give that some work too. That Green/Xtreme combos is LOOWWWWWWWWW spin. Might be too low. Really need to get it on the course when I'm not dripping in sweat. I know the head is a winner though, enough so that I already sold the 410LST.

So a fellow THPer was selling a 10.5 Avalanche white SZ Xtreme head not too long ago. I picked it up and im going to test it out.

As first, I didnt think I was going to like the matte finish on the crown at address....but when I chucked it into my Helium shaft....its actually better looking that my F9 was. And you can tell the size is slightly bigger.

Will report back. I loved my F8 when I got fitted into it at Shaft Up #3 a couple years ago, my F9 was a great asset, and im looking for this to keep the momentum going. Really liking Cobra drivers

Last edited:
....I also picked up an 18g and 14g weights from a fellow THPer to try out as well.

Midway through my season and think it's time that I put together some thoughts on the SZ that I was given the opportunity to test and use this season thanks to the Morgan Cup.

Brief history of the driver for me- came from the F9 last year- some stats from GG- 43% of fairways hit, average distance 234yds with my long of 309. 30% of my misses last year were right, which is my miss for certain.

For the standard SZ this year, I'm playing with a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow that I was fitted for by CC prior to equipment orders. Currently Arccos shows my driving handicap of 13.1 and here are the stats for the year thus far:

1596821426160.png

So similar FIR% to last year, but more right misses. I've mentioned it earlier here, that I've started to play for the fade on every hole and have seen success over the last few rounds, so hope to improve that FIR %. The significant improvement though comes in the form of distance. 18 yard increase year over year on average. Now I will clarify, that I was NOT fit for the F9- so there's that caveat that needs to be stated.

From a sound perspective, I don't notice too many differences between the F9 and the SZ- and can say that I do like the sound.

I've mentioned before that it's taken a bit of time to get used to the right bias that I've noticed with the club. Now that I'm used to it, and can start playing towards that shot shape I think I'll be able to see an improvement in fairways hit for the rest of the season.

F9 was always tough to beat and the only reason to get SZ is the full cup face milling. Performance-wise, relatively same from what I gathered and for you.

Wow, just got an email from Cobra - they now have a NEW "Limited Edition" - Camo this time but with the Aldila Rogue 130MSI shaft. The face looks interesting with the camo but need to see it in real life.

Thought Cobra did a bang up job with the Pars & Stripes (got me hooked for sure), it was just a great combo of shaft and finish but Camo is interesting. Not a Rogue fan since the Silver madness days years ago.

I think I am finally done with any tweaks on my Xtreme driver. Tried out the original tour length HZRDUS Smoke Yellow shaft during my round today and my right side miss was in play again on the front 9. Switched to HZRDUS Smoke Black that I have been doing well with, and my straighter and longer drives were back. No more tweaking and just keeping the improvement going now.

Back