Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Only once have I swapped shafts in my Xtreme and I have not touched the loft settings - most of my struggles have been swing related, but I believe we’ve turned a corner
I'm only on shaft 3 haha but I think I have a winner

In the bag tomorrow
FC728E93-C753-4F97-B958-3F2DE50C5F95.jpeg

I tried the Xtreme yesterday at Tour length with the smoke green shaft and the 10g weight at standard setting. I had some good drives but found the setup a little less lively and didn’t feel it was optimal. Was good and playable but not dialed.

Today I went back to the Ventus black at 45” and standard 9* setting and oh boy did I hit some bombs. Almost drove 3 greens and saw the perfect launch window with what appeared to be a very penetrating flight. I also switched to the TP5 today and this combo seems ideal for me. I’m done tinkering. (Maybe).

SZX is currently on the bench. Ball just wants to hook for me right now. I need to dedicate a few range sessions on not closing the face down during my swing.

I tried the Xtreme yesterday at Tour length with the smoke green shaft and the 10g weight at standard setting. I had some good drives but found the setup a little less lively and didn’t feel it was optimal. Was good and playable but not dialed.

Today I went back to the Ventus black at 45” and standard 9* setting and oh boy did I hit some bombs. Almost drove 3 greens and saw the perfect launch window with what appeared to be a very penetrating flight. I also switched to the TP5 today and this combo seems ideal for me. I’m done tinkering. (Maybe).

Happy to hear that you are on to something here.

For the Xtreme owners, does the headcover loosen up over time? I have the matte head and it’s super tight. Afraid if I get a little dirt on the head I’m gonna end up scratching it up.

Might end up going aftermarket for a new cover, but I really like the looks of the stock one a lot.

For the Xtreme owners, does the headcover loosen up over time? I have the matte head and it’s super tight. Afraid if I get a little dirt on the head I’m gonna end up scratching it up.

Might end up going aftermarket for a new cover, but I really like the looks of the stock one a lot.

Stock covers have been pretty snug for the life of ownership. I have switched to my after market a month ago but I put the OG covers on during inclement weather

Throwback week continues on THPGolf Instagram Reels.

Fun choice question.

The Ventus shafts are intriguing to me, having hit only the blue in a completely different setup I am curious how it would be in the Xtreme.

Had some mishits with this one today, only one lost ball, distance on the off shots is still great the Xtreme is very forgiving.

Did this though 💥 💥 💥

View attachment 8958312View attachment 8958313

Dang!! You on Bryson's workout program or what? Bombs!

It has not loosened up since having and I take mine off and put it on after every use. Sometimes its annoying but overall its not that hard to put back on quickly.

I guess I have missed it. What is the winner?
Well to be fair its only a winner because I have stopped testing different shafts haha. Tensei White

Ventus and LinQ are always on my mind though

Well to be fair its only a winner because I have stopped testing different shafts haha. Tensei White

The Ventus Blue reallly works well in both SpeedZone heads, at least for me. I would love to try a LinQ at some point.

The Ventus Blue reallly works well in both SpeedZone heads, at least for me. I would love to try a LinQ at some point.
I'm definitely curious. Hulk shaft is another one I'd love to try but just not sure its for me, I just don't swing that hard.

I get such high launch with the Xtreme head I really needed some help bringing it down at, even playing the 9* at 8* it still gets up there to my untrained eye I think but no numbers to verify. Whats important to me is the dispersion and thats where I'm extremely happy since making the switch. Not sure if you recall me posting my Arccos driver stats a while back but I had quite a bit going right. Since switching over its been a significant change.

I'm definitely curious. Hulk shaft is another one I'd love to try but just not sure its for me, I just don't swing that hard.

I get such high launch with the Xtreme head I really needed some help bringing it down at, even playing the 9* at 8* it still gets up there to my untrained eye I think but no numbers to verify. Whats important to me is the dispersion and thats where I'm extremely happy since making the switch. Not sure if you recall me posting my Arccos driver stats a while back but I had quite a bit going right. Since switching over its been a significant change.

I remember your right misses. I think that is so great that you have it figured out.

I remember your right misses. I think that is so great that you have it figured out.
Thanks, it’s been fun trying to self diagnose and try new things. While I won’t say it’s completely figured out because well golf is hard! Frustrating at times but when a launch monitor isn’t around it’s what we do haha

Current driver stats. I seem to have lost a little distance..I blame old age haha I’ve even hit a few left! But that big right miss has gone away for the most part and I’ll take these numbers
2238F3A2-7CEA-4E0B-8C12-1A8CB0F2B161.png

You can test the Ventus in Vegas. Don't know if I will meet up for the Thursday pm round yet, but Friday practice round for sure.

Tested out the Speedzone with the 16g weight in the front today and wow.... Straight bombs. Lower flight and long.
This is the most fun I've had with a driver in years.
No longer am I walking up to the tee blocks holding my breath and wondering what the hell will happen this time lol ..

Just want to say that I shot my second best round today, and the SZ Xtreme played a huge part in that. Not necessarily because I got a ton of distance, although when I hit the ball well it went really far (for me anyway), but more because of of the wraparound face. I hit way more "bad" shots off of the face then I would care to admit and still carried the ball 200-220 yards straight. I know for a fact that hitting the same shots with my F8 would have results in less distance and not as straight.

Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Got my pars and stripes sz a month ago and been slowly making my way through this whole thread since. Everyone has had me having serious regrets about not going for the extreme but so far the standard sz is working great for me. According to arccos, I'm averaging 10 yards more over my f9 (273 vs 263) and accuracy is about the same, although I've all but eliminated my pull hook (just the occasional pull now). Finally felt good enough to sell my f9. Even had this gem yesterday for a 2 foot eagle putt!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-115730.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-115730.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200823_091021.jpg
    20200823_091021.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 22
How would you Xtreme owners compare to the G400Max (assuming you tried or gamed one)?

Asking for a friend.....

Got my pars and stripes sz a month ago and been slowly making my way through this whole thread since. Everyone has had me having serious regrets about not going for the extreme but so far the standard sz is working great for me.

I was feeling the same way, I even benched my pars & stripes sz for about a week and put the Epic Flash back in the bag. However, my wife noticed one little thing about my take away and BOOM, it all clicked. So with that solved I decided to give the sz one more go and I have to say I'm falling in love all over again. Ball flight is much more penetrating, longer total distance, and much more predictable off the face. I'm actually hitting fairways and my last 3 rounds have been in the high 80s, which for me is like being on cloud 9!

Finally had a good driving day. The SZ is deep when you get a hold of one. For the most part it is pretty forgiving. I haven't tinkered with shafts or anything. Just trying to get a repeatable swing with the driver for competition!

I was feeling the same way, I even benched my pars & stripes sz for about a week and put the Epic Flash back in the bag. However, my wife noticed one little thing about my take away and BOOM, it all clicked. So with that solved I decided to give the sz one more go and I have to say I'm falling in love all over again. Ball flight is much more penetrating, longer total distance, and much more predictable off the face. I'm actually hitting fairways and my last 3 rounds have been in the high 80s, which for me is like being on cloud 9!

Yeah same. I almost went back to my f9 but had to keep getting used to the sz. My f9 had the atmos black and also had extra head weight. I felt like I had to really swing my f9 hard (or I should say, transition the swing down hard). The sz felt much lighter and I had to find the right swing balance. Now that I have it down, hitting the ball so much better. As long as I take a nice easy aggressive swing (is that possible?) it goes a long way and has a nice baby fade, which is my preferred shot off the tee.

Back