Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Went and checked mine and it's straight. Going to try and get to a putting green tomorrow. Will have to leave all other clubs at home as it would be too tempting.

Wow on those grips. That’s insane.

Those are off by sooo much.

wow, That is crazy on those grips being off kilter so much.

Interesting concept....i'd give it a roll!

Not sure but it sort of looked like Dufner was using it at Mayakoba. Only saw one shot and it was not very close but the head looked a little bigger than your standard blade, the grip could have been it and sort of had the lattice look color wise.

Not sure but it sort of looked like Dufner was using it at Mayakoba. Only saw one shot and it was not very close but the head looked a little bigger than your standard blade, the grip could have been it and sort of had the lattice look color wise.

Dang, that would be really cool.

I wish they had PGA Tour Live for this tournament

I haven't played a blade in a long time but I really like this tech story and want to give one a roll!

Stupid snow, was nice enough that I thought the putting green would be open. Glad I didn't bring the whole bag as the heated range was open 😉.

Took some rough pics next to my misc collection while I muttered silently about the snow covered green.
20201204_110452.jpg20201204_110332.jpg20201204_110424.jpg20201204_110403.jpg

That is quite the eclectic mix. I like it

Dang, that would be really cool.

I wish they had PGA Tour Live for this tournament
Definitely using it. It's really clear on these two videos, especially as he watches and walks to the cup.

I was playing as a single yesterday with a threesome, guys I had never met. On the second hole, one of them said, “Hey, is that that new Cobra putter that was released?” I was kind of surprised to run into some random person who was aware. I really hope that Cobra gets more into this, and I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Although there is a certain group who would never play it, I think that the performance becomes pretty self evident quite quickly and, hey, I am sure there were many who thought the two ball putter was strange when it was released. I truly think this putter would catch on with a lot of people.

This is cool. I am now kind of surprised that the run was as limited as it was. Having three rounds under my belt with it, I can attest that the roll it putts on the ball is extremely consistent.
Okay I have to ask. Why?
I have to assume you would believe he doesn’t sell a bunch of equipment based on the other thread, right?

Okay I have to ask. Why?
I have to assume you would believe he doesn’t sell a bunch of equipment based on the other thread, right?

I see why you asked why. I probably shouldn’t have even thrown the sentences into the same post. I wasn’t trying to say that because Dufner was using it, it might sell more. That thought never crossed my mind, particularly because you have to look so closely in the video to even be able to discern that it is one of the new Cobra putters.

I thought it was cool that a tour pro would have an unconventional looking putter in his bag, because they often seek more traditional offerings in their equipment and, let’s face it the looks of this Cobra putter are not conventional. Then, I changed thoughts, without starting a new post or paragraph, just again expressing the quality of the roll the putter puts on the ball.

Duffner rolling that putter doesn’t make me think that Cobra will sell greater numbers of it, if the company has a second, larger release, big enough to need marketing. If Ricky moved away from his Scotty to a Cobra? That would likely move the numbers. If Tiger or Phil had one in the bag? Absolutely. I have admitted that I don’t get certain equipment marketing strategies, but I would remain surprised if there are more than a handful of individual players who move sales. What I might guess would move sales is a volume of PGA tour players using certain equipment. If, for example, ten tour players were using the new Cobra putter, there would be a rush of demand for that piece of equipment, in my opinion. But, I know very little about this stuff. That’s for sure. I just like to talk about It.

Okay I have to ask. Why?
BTW, now that you’re questioning me, I am stressed and need to go smoke some weed. 😂 Will you check with local law enforcement and see if they will suspend enforcement of the law, since it has been a difficult year?

BTW, now that you’re questioning me, I am stressed and need to go smoke some weed. 😂 Will you check with local law enforcement and see if they will suspend enforcement of the law, since it has been a difficult year?

I stand corrected - it doesn’t look like I will be getting a replacement grip because they have no stock. Bummer.

Is there any way to pop the sensor, pull the grip without cutting it and re-install? I have had professional club fitters be able to save putter grips in the past.

Back