I bought a LTDx with the Trono shaft at the beginning of the year and only hit a couple of balls out into the field and stuck with the Callaway max LS for the limited amount of rounds I got in during the 22 season. Thinking I should give this head a go over the winter on the sims or just get rid of it!

Had some bombs on my vacation with the LS.
Was watching many YouTube videos where differences between the 2 in spin was only 200.
Went to golftown tried the 2 side by side again.
Ltdx was straight but was hitting spin around 35-3700. Had to crank it down to 9.0* to get it near 3000. Was also a good 20 yards shorter than the LTDX.
Was getting 13-14 launch 22-2500 spin. Consistently 15-20 yards more carry.
It really is a beast and importantly was still forgiving off the toe which is my miss.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Question about the LTDX Max... it comes already with a draw bias before manipulating the draw setting on the club, correct? I assume the setting just allows you to get even more draw bias, right?

Question about the LTDX Max... it comes already with a draw bias before manipulating the draw setting on the club, correct? I assume the setting just allows you to get even more draw bias, right?

correct, but It’s not super shut either.

correct, but It’s not super shut either.
Cool. I have the LTDx and the LTDx Max coming in a week to try.

both great drivers! Hope one of them works out for you!
Yeah, me too! I had a Titlelist TS2 for about 4 years and figured it was time to get a new driver. About two months ago I got fitted with a TM Stealth. It's fine but I'm not playing any better with it and the thing I don't like is that I can't really tell where my off centered shots are. Overall, I'm not happy with the feel of it. My TS2 was really good at letting me know where I was hitting the ball. While I've never owned a Cobra club before, I've heard good things about these drivers so figured I'd give them a chance.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too! I had a Titlelist T2 for about 4 years and figured it was time to get a new driver. About two months ago I got fitted with a TM Stealth. It's fine but I'm not playing any better with it and the thing I don't like is that I can't really tell where my off centered shots are. Overall, I'm not happy with the feel of it. My TS2 was really good at letting me know where I was hitting the ball. While I've never owned a Cobra club before, I've heard good things about these drivers so figured I'd give them a chance.
you will definitely know when you miss the center with the LTDX by the feel, but the result will be way better then you think!

Some some Aerojet videos and so far not sure I see reason to change.
I will wait to pass judgement but if not more forgiving and not really longer .....

Don't see point. Also prefer Ltd appearance at address.

Some some Aerojet videos and so far not sure I see reason to change.
I will wait to pass judgement but if not more forgiving and not really longer .....

Don't see point. Also prefer Ltd appearance at address.

Quantifying new equipment is so personal. There’s a lot more I like about Aerojet personally. But I too love the LTDX. But I am someone who will buy something if it feels better or looks better. Plus knowing how excited the guys behind the product are about it makes it hard not to switch for me.

Got the LTDx today (the LTDx Max is coming tomorrow). When I got home from playing 9 it was on my doorstep. Therefore, I grabbed it and ran back on the course, in fading daylight. I had to hit a few. I hit 6 balls and my immediate reaction was that it felt lighter. That may be why I pulled the first one but the next 3 landed in the fairway after a slight adjustment. The last two it was really hard to see the ball but pulled one more and landed my last in the fairway.

My current driver is a TM Stealth at 10.5* with an Ascent 60 R Flex shaft. The LTDx that I just received is also 10.5* but with a Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10 60 Shaft. Not sure why it would feel lighter but it did. One of the issues I have with my Stealth is that it almost feels like a challenge at times to get the head around to prevent a slice - which is why I choke up on it a bit. After the first swing with the LTDx, I felt more comfortable gripping it normal and letting it go. I don't know but tomorrow will be interesting to further compare, especially when the LTDx Max arrives!

I just wanted to pop in here and declare my love for this driver while it was on my mind haha. I’ve always played my drivers at 44.5 with the same Motore F3 shaft the last 2 or 3 years. Randomly decided I wanted to try the Smoke IM10 I had laying around at the house and have been playing it at 45.5 instead because I haven’t had time to go get the shaft cut down and re-gripped. Results have been incredible. My ball flight, trajectory, distance, accuracy, every single thing about this set up is legitimately perfect to me. I’ve never had any club check every single box so these are unprecedented times but playing golf is a lot of fun right now 😎

Demoed the Aerojet in std and LS against my LTDX LS.
Was disappointed. LS very right bias compared to my LTDX LS. Was shorter too in same loft and shaft.
Standard model was very stable and straight but spun 700to 1000 more rpm so was shorter at about same ball speeds.

Maybe this is the driver for those Berkshire Bryson types, but at my 100 or so mph swing I see zero reason to change. Ltd models OTOH were demonstrably better and faster then everything prior.

In preparation for demoing Aerojet, I got some baseline data with my current gamer. I usually have it at STD 10.5 setting, decided to play around with lofts as I've been really low spin lately. What a Difference going +1 degree can do to launch angle and distance. Dispersion was also a lot better on the 11.5 setting.
1674463572549.png

In preparation for demoing Aerojet, I got some baseline data with my current gamer. I usually have it at STD 10.5 setting, decided to play around with lofts as I've been really low spin lately. What a Difference going +1 degree can do to launch angle and distance. Dispersion was also a lot better on the 11.5 setting.
View attachment 9152391
That’s wild isn’t it.

That’s wild isn’t it.
Yeah. I mean you know it, but sometimes it's hard to believe without data, that it's needed with my swing and speeds. No way I'll game something like a 9* when these are the results. Also why I really like adjustable clubs, that you can dial it in even afterwards.

Yeah. I mean you know it, but sometimes it's hard to believe without data, that it's needed with my swing and speeds. No way I'll game something like a 9* when these are the results. Also why I really like adjustable clubs, that you can dial it in even afterwards.
You’re right in my window distance wise and I have found the same thing especially as drivers continue to get lower spinning. I just had an 11* TSR3 I could not get up in the air 😂

Current ponder is a LTDx Max to do a longer term comparison to the LTDx

who has bought driver weights from billy bobs? pondering bumping up to 12/5 :oops:

who has bought driver weights from billy bobs? pondering bumping up to 12/5 :oops:
I haven't, just always gone direct to Cobra

I could definitely see you getting some more distance with a bit more launch if it doesn't add spin. You are 5 or 6 mph faster than I am but I get similar carry. It would be interesting to see the angle of attack with your driver. That is a hard thing to change though.

I could definitely see you getting some more distance with a bit more launch if it doesn't add spin. You are 5 or 6 mph faster than I am but I get similar carry. It would be interesting to see the angle of attack with your driver. That is a hard thing to change though.
I'm averaging between +3-4° on good strikes. I've been trying to reduce my club angle recently and find the driver hard to hit atm. But getting there.

I'm averaging between +3-4° on good strikes. I've been trying to reduce my club angle recently and find the driver hard to hit atm. But getting there.

Your carry seems low. I am +1-2* with swingspeed in the low 90s with an LTDx with a GD ADDI 5s and get 220+ carry. Here are 4 drives on a trackman. I don’t have launch but it is in the 14 range based on some other experience. It seems like with your clubhead speed and ball speed you should be getting more.

FDD3CD0C-3A51-4DBB-AA63-B944F43428E6.png

Here is a best swing on a different launch monitor:
3D2B08CD-8F7C-4D24-BDFD-582D96912632.jpeg

Your carry seems low. I am +1-2* with swingspeed in the low 90s with an LTDx with a GD ADDI 5s and get 220+ carry. Here are 4 drives on a trackman. I don’t have launch but it is in the 14 range based on some other experience. It seems like with your clubhead speed and ball speed you should be getting more.

View attachment 9156629

Here is a best swing on a different launch monitor:
View attachment 9156631
Do note that my data is in meters. On a good enough strike, I carry 220m (~240yds) ant 245m (268 yds) total. But I'd still say there's a lot of potential left on the table with my swing, launch angle and swing speed.

Do note that my data is in meters. On a good enough strike, I carry 220m (~240yds) ant 245m (268 yds) total. But I'd still say there's a lot of potential left on the table with my swing, launch angle and swing speed.

I totally missed that. It all makes sense now. Why are ball speed and clubhead speed in mph?

Back