Cobra single length Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freight-train

Reaction score
Handicap
So another forum I am a member of is chuck full of rumor that Cobra will be releasing single length irons in 2017... Seems like mainly conjecture but I think this would be pretty cool.

If I was not left handed I would be considering the Wishon Sterling Irons.

Thoughts? Think Cobra will do it? I'm guessing they were hoping Bryson would of had a better season than he did. Let's hope he does well on the web.com finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting

I read November release. But could be all hearsay

Honestly I would try them. If true it's a great way for cobra to set themselves apart from others.

Honestly I would try them. If true it's a great way for cobra to set themselves apart from others.

Yeah def something unique that the other OEMs don't offer.

Yeah def something unique that the other OEMs don't offer.

Will be interesting to see how they execute it, if it's true. With the single length I think a proper fitting would be even more important for people.

I just can't see the single iron length taking off when the one player who play with them will probably be playing the web.com tour next year.

Of course this could be a chicken vs. the egg scenario. Does nobody play them because nobody makes them or does nobody make them because nobody will play them? I'm under the impression this has been tried in the past so I'm leaning towards the latter.

Are people going to start floating their balls in mineral water before rounds too?

This guy is a goof and while this works for him I don't see it becoming too common.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Are people going to start floating their balls in mineral water before rounds too?

This guy is a goof and while this works for him I don't see it becoming too common.

Did not know he soaked his balls... Might be a good treatment for jock itch.

Did not know he soaked his balls... Might be a good treatment for jock itch.

Floating is not soaking.

But yah I figured something like this was coming.

Get it?

I sure hope so!

I hope they do release them. Options are good.

I game the Sterling single length irons. I like them and the distances are the same as I hit with standard length clubs. Same setup and same swing from 5-SW.

I game the Sterling single length irons. I like them and the distances are the same as I hit with standard length clubs. Same setup and same swing from 5-SW.

Yes! Wish I could try these but seems like they will not be going left handed for awhile.

I just can't see the single iron length taking off when the one player who play with them will probably be playing the web.com tour next year.

Of course this could be a chicken vs. the egg scenario. Does nobody play them because nobody makes them or does nobody make them because nobody will play them? I'm under the impression this has been tried in the past so I'm leaning towards the latter.

I was skeptical at first due to what I have read about the gapping issues, but it seems like they may have that figured out now. Plus there's the fact that history shows that it's not always the best ideas that become the most popular, or the accepted norm. The dvorak keyboard is one good example.

A goof that won the NCAA and US Amateur, low amateur at the Masters, and 4th in his first professional tourney. Imagine if he were to be like all us serious golfers . lol

Cobra single length Irons

The logic behind a single length iron sounds perfect but, Don't you have to be fitted perfectly for everything single aspect of the iron for it to be correct and work?, as in have weight added or removed from the head ect?

Wouldn't this be to costly to mass produce?

im willing to try anything once ;) I'm sure for some these will be awesome. I think its cool to see manufactures mix it up a bit

The logic behind a single length iron sounds perfect but, Don't you have to be fitted perfectly for everything single aspect of the iron for it to be correct and work?, as in have weight added or removed from the head ect?

Wouldn't this be to costly to mass produce?

Besides length and lie, which should be fitted in normal irons, wouldn't you just need to get the swing weight right for a set of single length irons? I mean you have a single length which would produce. Much more consistent swing speed, from there it is just adjusting loft to cover distance in relation to a swing speed.
Unless you are looking to get down to minute adjustments, I can't see how it is any more complex than a standard set.

Besides length and lie, which should be fitted in normal irons, wouldn't you just need to get the swing weight right for a set of single length irons? I mean you have a single length which would produce. Much more consistent swing speed, from there it is just adjusting loft to cover distance in relation to a swing speed.
Unless you are looking to get down to minute adjustments, I can't see how it is any more complex than a standard set.

All my clubs are my standard 8 iron length. They all have the exact same flex, lie angle, weight and length. 5-7 irons are high strength steel and 8-SW are carbon steel

Options are good...doubt they sell many hopefully they run it in a limited release

I doubt that Cobra would make their main release/launch (usually around November) single length irons. I think they would probably try build on the success of the F6 and King Ltd series. I do however think the folks at Cobra and Puma are wild enough to (maybe very limited locations) offer a fully fitted, single length option. I think the problem is that you essentially need to design a completely new set of heads, or am I wrong?

I doubt that Cobra would make their main release/launch (usually around November) single length irons. I think they would probably try build on the success of the F6 and King Ltd series. I do however think the folks at Cobra and Puma are wild enough to (maybe very limited locations) offer a fully fitted, single length option. I think the problem is that you essentially need to design a completely new set of heads, or am I wrong?
You are correct, the heads all have to be the same weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I emailed Cobra here there response:

A:
Thank you for the email and interest in Cobra. We are always looking to explore new technologies and design direction to help golfers of all abilities. Single length irons is a concept that since working with Bryson we’ve been look at, and will continue to explore the viability of bringing it to market.

Ticket: https://cobrapumagolf.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/

Customer Service Team
COBRA PUMA GOLF | 1818 Aston Avenue | Carlsbad, CA 92008
www.cobragolf.com

Q:
Will Cobra be offering single length irons to consumers?

Sounds like a not anytime soon - to - a "NO"

I emailed Cobra here there response:

Sounds like a not anytime soon - to - a "NO"

Not really a surprise, but who knows. I figure if any of the big OEM's were to produce a set it would be Cobra. Fortunately there are other companies that will cater to a niche market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back