Cody James Putters

There is a certain amount of elegance in James putters that is crazy appealing.

To me his putters seem more refined than other options out there. Although I'm just not a big fan of that Damascus or whatever that material is, I love the rest of it though.

To me his putters seem more refined than other options out there. Although I'm just not a big fan of that Damascus or whatever that material is, I love the rest of it though.
In the cavity? Timascus. He puts it wherever and loves using it.

In the cavity? Timascus. He puts it wherever and loves using it.

I've noticed that a lot lately. I don't mind it in some areas like the C that he does on the face but for some reason I've never been a big fan of that kind of material. Everything else about his putters though I'm in love with.

I recently got inspired to start making some custom putters. It definitely gives an appreciation for the hours that go into making a really good putter. Here are some of the heads that I have been designing and milling.
inCollage_20191101_150240469.jpg
inCollage_20191010_161341039 (2).jpginCollage_20191101_150458612.jpg

Anyone ever get one of these? They have been on my mind for a while.

I've drooled over them a whole lot but could never pull the trigger. I think we need someone to make the jump, it's all you!

I never pulled the trigger. I think his price is in the 1,500 range and I just couldn't do it for some weird reason.

Go time for you?

I never pulled the trigger. I think his price is in the 1,500 range and I just couldn't do it for some weird reason.

Go time for you?
Once the COVID crap is done, I think it might be me.

I have 2 of them, a Patriot and Conway. They are not cheap but they are in my opinion worth it. Great feel and sound. Cody is an awesome person and will make sure you are a very happy customer!

I have 2 of them, a Patriot and Conway. They are not cheap but they are in my opinion worth it. Great feel and sound. Cody is an awesome person and will make sure you are a very happy customer!
Which one is your favorite?

Go time for you?
Not quite that expensive. They can be depending on the extras you want. He does releases on his site every once in awhile and they go for around $1k, maybe a little more or less.

I prefer the Patriot. It seems to fit my putting style better. The Conway is more the traditional anser style while the Patriot has the lower profile, that is more similar to my first putter which was a Scotty Studio Select 2.7.

Not quite that expensive. They can be depending on the extras you want. He does releases on his site every once in awhile and they go for around $1k, maybe a little more or less.
I emailed him. He said the basic custom starts around 1k and builds from there.

If you're into his TImascus stuff, it's 75-250 per insert depending on size.
Custom finishes add to price as well.

I prefer the Patriot. It seems to fit my putting style better. The Conway is more the traditional anser style while the Patriot has the lower profile, that is more similar to my first putter which was a Scotty Studio Select 2.7.
If I’m going down this road, I’m going big. And that scares me

Both are very nice though. The face milling is so good, feels and sounds amazing. He does all the work himself and the milling machines he uses are top shelf. Not a cheap garage mill! I think you would be very impressed!

Oh no. I like the custom finishes so I’m nervous now.

Show us!!
Make this SO much worse for @Molten lmao!

What??? I could buy 6 or 7 Kirkland putters for that price! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

[ETA:] Or three Super Hybrids!

Custom is going to be more and I made my purchases some time ago. So I could see them starting at $1k and easily getting to $1,500 especially if they get sent to the Golf Garage for custom finish!
Keep an eye out for his “stock” putter sales. He will make them up and then sell them on his site, a little cheaper than custom.
Also, last year he had a demo sale after an event he held and those were a deal!

Back