9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
The staples of most shorts are white, black, grey, and to a lesser extent blue. What about other colors? Green, orange, pink.... You never really see people wearing colored shorts, although you see colored pants all the time (take Brian Gay and Rickie Fowler for example). Are wearing colored shorts a fashion faux pas? Could orange or pink shorts be pulled off successfully?

Sound off.

I would rock orange shorts in a heart beat.
I already have a bright orange jacket, a bright orange polo, and want to paint our car orange...

Yes they can, ask johndeere10, he loves him some colored shorts. I see tons of pastel colored shorts on the courses around here but they aren't my style.

I would rock orange shorts in a heart beat.
I already have a bright orange jacket, a bright orange polo, and want to paint our car orange...

Orange is fast becoming my favorite color too. Got an orange Sligo shirt and am wondering/pondering if orange shorts would go with it.

Yes they can, ask johndeere10, he loves him some colored shorts. I see tons of pastel colored shorts on the courses around here but they aren't my style.

I don't usually see too many vibrant colors on the color. I'm usually one of the more louder dressed out in my neck of the woods.

I have all sorts of colors. Wear whatever you want buddy!

I have pink, green, white, and blue. Gotta mix it up. Nothing better than walking up to the tee box and play against a bunch of khaki slacked old men giving me the stink eye and going on the course and spanking that a**. It's their kryponite.

I have pink, green, white, and blue. Gotta mix it up. Nothing better than walking up to the tee box and play against a bunch of khaki slacked old men giving me the stink eye and going on the course and spanking that a**. It's their kryponite.

Epic win.

Golf clothing is just so darn expensive though! I was looking at shorts the other day and $80+ just seems pretty dear. I rarely pay that much for my jeans!

Epic win.

Golf clothing is just so darn expensive though! I was looking at shorts the other day and $80+ just seems pretty dear. I rarely pay that much for my jeans!

I pay $200 for jeans....ooops

Epic win.

I've got 3 pairs of $80 shorts. For whatever reason, I don't mind shelling out a bit extra for golf stuff. I'm with ya though otherwise.

I pay $200 for jeans....ooops

Tell me they aren't True Religion!

I've got 3 pairs of $80 shorts. For whatever reason, I don't mind shelling out a bit extra for golf stuff. I'm with ya though otherwise.

I suppose... Whatever shorts I buy will be multi-use ones that I can go wherever I want with. Same with polos, so in that logic I guess it isn't that bad. Especially when i have a Ralph Lauren addiction for polos...

You can wear shorts in Canada?

You can wear shorts in Canada?

Hey! We get summer. It may only be 3-4 months long, but we get it and we take advantage of it!

I want a pair of the Sligo green shorts, or the Sligo green plaid ones.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Tell me they aren't True Religion!

I suppose... Whatever shorts I buy will be multi-use ones that I can go wherever I want with. Same with polos, so in that logic I guess it isn't that bad. Especially when i have a Ralph Lauren addiction for polos...

Good clothes can technically be worn anywear and therefore is always a good investment. I do keep some stuff, just for golf though.

Yeah I love colored shorts. Only bad thing is trying to have shoes to go with them that doesn't really go with standard black, brown, or white shoes that might need an accent color. Finding the shirt and belt have always been easy to me... the shoes to go with it has been what holds me back. I don't have ablility to order Custom Myjoys like Poulter and not have to pay $$$ for them. It will make you have to accessorize and look for more options if you go route to have custom shoes made to just go with one outfit.

You may want to look at Puma, Sligo, SubSeventy, IJP, Iliac, & Fairway & Green that I can think of. Subseventy you can actually custom order the color short/pants and also pick accent colors. Elevee Golf is the same way but they are super expensive.

Good clothes can technically be worn anywear and therefore is always a good investment. I do keep some stuff, just for golf though.

True, but for some of those technical polos, I would be leary of wearing them to school at the risk of my backpack/lecture theatre chairs tearing them up.

Hey! We get summer. It may only be 3-4 months long, but we get it and we take advantage of it!

Your definition of summer and mine may be a little different. If you have snow within 100 miles of your current location, then it cannot be summer. Just sayin'.

Your definition of summer and mine may be a little different. If you have snow within 100 miles of your current location, then it cannot be summer. Just sayin'.

Are you counting snow at the tops of the mountains? I sure don't! You gotta believe!

Are you counting snow at the tops of the mountains? I sure don't! You gotta believe!

I think it's summer when we crest 12 degrees! Let's be serious now.

I think it's summer when we crest 12 degrees! Let's be serious now.

True enough, but we're getting off topic.

any other thoughts on the colored shorts topic?

I would totally wear colored shorts, I've got some plaids that have some cool colors in them, don't see why I couldn't rock a plain color!

True enough, but we're getting off topic.

any other thoughts on the colored shorts topic?

I loved color shorts being that I have pink, blue, green etc. I think the misconception is that we only see color pants but I think that is because we see them on the pros so often but they are not allowed to wear shorts. If they could wear shorts then they would wear color shorts as well. I personally wear color pants i.e. pink, white, IJP tartans so the color shorts were natural for me in the warmer months. For those that play at the course I typically play at you mainly see khaki, black, blue for shorts or pants. I enjoy golf fashion and think it is great to add some color to the game whether it is shorts, pants or shirts.

Back