Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

Amazing contest. Thanks, Callaway and THP

9* with an Aldila Rogue 60 (stiff) shaft.

I can use several areas of a driver's face at impact depending on my particular swing that day. More ball speed across the face sounds really, really good.

Driver loft: 10.5
Shaft: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50
Flex: Stiff
Why I'd like to win: I am currently on the search to find my next driver. I'm gaming a Ping G30, but I am not satisfied with the adjustability. I am looking at the GBB because of the forgiveness and adjustability.

Thanks Callaway and THP

-shogun

Driver Loft: 9*
Shaft Choice: Rouge I/O 60, Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: Had a chance to demo it for a couple of weeks and it hurt me to have to return it. Easy the best driver I've hit in a long time. Longer than my current gamer and possibly the most forgiving head I've ever hit. Callaway has a true winner in with this one.

Loft: 10.5°
Shaft: Matrix Ozik White Tie Stiff
I want to win the GBB because, well, I'm a golfer with pulse. The improved R-MOTO face is very intriguing since I don't always hit the center of the face, and the APW back with some tweaks means I can really dial this mean lady in. I want the White Tie because I want to try something on the little bit lighter side from the 305g weight class. Plus I think the higher launch with lower spin thanks to the X-axis control technology could really help me out.

Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

Thanks Callaway and THP for bringing another great contest!

Loft: 9*

Shaft: Diamana D+ 70

Flex: Stiff

One of the reasons I want a GBB driver is the fact that Callaway does ALOT here for THP and its members! From contests just like this to the #Grandaddy of them all! It's a shame i do not game any Callaway products and based on the rave reviews coming in already on the GBB, this seems like a great product to put in play and support Callaway and THP for all they do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet contest!!

9*
Kuro Kage Black Tini 50 (stiff)
I want to win this because I've had great success with the TiNi shaft in the BB Mini and I'm excited to see if I can duplicate that success and leave no yard behind via the new multi-material aerodynamic shape and sliding weight!

Loft: 10.5
Shaft : Matrix Ozik White Tie
Why: I haven't owned a Callaway driver in the last 15 years. I have been a Taylormade fan. I would like to find out if I have been missing anything since Callaway now seems to have caught up / surpassed anything Taylormade is now offering in customization. Launch and face forgiveness is what think it is all about and remember the original GBB driver brought both to the table! I'm hoping Callaway has reclaimed the position they once had!!!

10.5*
Ozik 65 Red Tie Stiff

RMOTO = more ball speed = more distance and I don't have to hit it perfect every time? Add in the sliding weight for easy adjustability and I see fairways for days. Me hitting the fairway = lower scores. Yes please!

Another killer THP contest.

Loft: 10.5*
Shaft: Evolution TS II
Why: I love my Alpha 815 and everyone keeps talking how the GBB is better. I want to understand all the hype.
*Dexterity: LH

Last edited:
Mine would be 12* (hey, I'm old)
Aldila Tour Blue Reg

LOVE Cally & Big Bertha-great combination!

My GBB setup would definitely be a 9* in the 305 g weight class with a True Temper Project X LZ Blue shaft. Love the shaft options and the adjust-ability of this driver.

Awesome contest!

Driver Loft - 9*
Shaft Choice - Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 X-flex

Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - I've been a TaylorMade guy since the R580. This summer my driving has gone from one of the strengths of my game to a bit of a weakness. I'd love to try out some new tech to see if I could get some help. I picked this shaft, because I had the opportunity to hit an older model Callaway that had one of these bad boys, what a great feeling shaft! I also have a recent soft spot for Callaway after seeing the absolutely beautiful bags they made for the PGA Championship. As a life-long Wisconsinite I thought the bratwurst and beer mug zipper pulls were a really nice touch. It was such a nice tribute, I'd love to have one (or more) of their clubs in my bag.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for this awesome contest.

Loft: 10.5
Shaft: Matrix Ozik Red Tie
Reason: It appears that y'all have been able to combine the distance and forgiveness of the XR with the adjustability of the BB line. Would love to try it out. Also, winning would spare me from the wrath of my wife, like I saw when I went from the X-Hot to The BB 2014, and then went from the BB 2014 to the XR... Lol

#BerthaLong

Dax

10.5 loft, project x LZ red stiff.

I want to win so I can hit more fairways and leave no yard behind!

Thanks!

What great contest !!!
Thank you for the opportunity.

Driver Loft - 9 degrees
Shaft Choice - True Temper Project X LZ Red - Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB ? While I like my current gamer for the most part, the forgiveness just isn't there. If I don't catch the smallish sweet spot, I am disappointed with the distance and accuracy. The Next Gen R•MOTO Technology along with the increased adjustability of the Callaway GBB will help me "Leave No Yards Behind" and find more fairways. And... who doesn't want more yardage out of their driver?

Driver loft - 10.5
Shaft - Fukikura Speeder 665 stiff

I want to win the Great Big Bertha because I've had a lot of success with the last gen Big Bertha. I saw distance gains and increases in accuracy beyond what I would have imagined. Now add a face that is faster across all areas, and a more effective sliding weight? Sounds like more distance and accuracy to me. Yea, I want that.

Thanks THP and Callaway.

~Rock

Last edited:
Amazing contest!! Thank you THP and Callaway!

Driver Loft: 9*
Shaft Choice: Aldila Rogue 60

I want to win because I don't want to leave any yard behind! The technology packed into this beauty just sounds awesome and I can surely use the faster ball speeds on miss hits!!

Driver Loft - 10.5*
Shaft Choice - Aldila I/O Rogue 60 Stiff

Would love to win this driver, currently struggling with consistency from my current Cobra driver, mostly think its due to the wrong shaft. Also have never hit a Callaway driver, i think this would help my game a lot. Would be interesting to compare my current logged driver data from my Arccos tracking system with a new driver. Would get instant feedback on if it helps me get more distance and accuracy. Currently play 2-3 rounds of golf per week.

What an awesome chance to win a great prize!

Loft: 9
Shaft: Aldila Tour Green
Why: I've had the BB Alpha for a couple of years now. I absolutely love that driver, but I would like to see what difference the newer technology would make.

Unbelievable, as always, from THP and Callaway...

Driver Loft: 9 degree
Shaft Choice: Matrix White Tie; Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: In no particular order - Really liked the BBA 815 and if this is better, then I need it; Lower spin, more forgiveness, sliding weight from the 2014 BB, gotta have it; I want to fall in love with a driver again.

Good luck, all!

Thanks to THP and Callaway for another great opportunity

Driver loft - 9°
Shaft choice - Aldila Rogue 70 Stiff

I would love to win this driver because it could be the driver that helps me lower my handicap due to the APW helping me hit straighter drives which means making the most of the distance I can get out of it as per the 'Leave no yards behind' motto. Being in the middle of the fairway rather than the trees makes the game so much more fun and that is what golf is all about

Last edited:
10.5 degrees with Project X LZ Blue

I'll be honest, I haven't hit a Callaway club in a long time until the last round I played. My buddy and I got paired with a random twosome and one of the other guys kept raving about his new XR and tried to get us to try it out. Finally, on the 18th hole, I took him up on his offer. Using my old Taylor Made, I was consistently as long as this guy the entire round. I took a practice swing with the XR and addressed the ball. Not only did I hit it longer than he did, I was at least 20 yards further than any drive I hit all day. It was a thing of beauty right down the middle of the fairway. It got me excited to try Callaway in the future, and what better way than winning one here from THP!

Loft - 9*
Shaft - Aldila Rogue 70 X

Why? To score better. Period, end of sentence, score.

I need to hit more fairways and gain greater consistency off the tee to shave that last stroke off my cap. This is the club to help me do it.

Loft: 9*
Shaft: Aldila Rogue 70 Stiff
Why: I'd like to see how the GBB compares to my XR Pro. I've always like the back slider that allows easy adjusting of fade/draw. I want the Aldila Rogue 70 because I'd put my handcrafted PX shaft in the GBB and reconfigure the Rogue 70 as a new 3 wood shaft because I really liked hitting Alez367's 3 wood in San Diego.

Driver Loft - 10.5
Shaft Choice - Matrix White Tie Stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - Just picked up an XR driver and if the GBB is better would love to try it.

Back