Contest: Guess the Club?

TM Spin Milled 56*

Are you sure your 5 iron has 28 degrees of launch angle and not 28 degrees of loft?
Should a club face angled at 28 degrees launch a ball at the same angle?

Cleaveland rtx 60 degree.

Cobra Pur 54*

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm going to say Callaway SureOut wedge 52 degrees. Thanks!

Should a club face angled at 28 degrees launch a ball at the same angle?

Completely dependent on impact more than the stamped loft on your golf club.
To give you an example, most that play a 9* driver don't want to launch the ball at 9*

We will close this one up since nobody guessed it, but we will have a new one coming up soon with more defined info. Good news is that there are multiple contests going on right now with all expenses paid trips.

A couple of close ones though. Correct answer was

TaylorMade Milled Grind 52* Wedge.

Who hit the club. Average swing speed? Or some gorilla?

Right club wrong manufacturer. Does anyone even play taylormade wedges?:alien:

Damn, I think I got the loft not even close on the OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I whiffed completely on my guess.

Got the easy part right though...woohoo...wedge.

Well, I had the loft right.

Completely dependent on impact more than the stamped loft on your golf club.
To give you an example, most that play a 9* driver don't want to launch the ball at 9*

Isn't that different. I mean since with a driver you're hitting up on the ball. Should we be comparing drivers with irons and their loft?

Contest: Guess the Club?

Isn't that different. I mean since with a driver you're hitting up on the ball. Should we be comparing drivers with irons and their loft?

Not everybody is hitting up on the ball and impact will still have the largest part of launch. You can quite easily have varying launch with clubs stamped with the same loft due to design

We will close this one up since nobody guessed it, but we will have a new one coming up soon with more defined info. Good news is that there are multiple contests going on right now with all expenses paid trips.

Still willing to offer testing for you even though wasn't even close!

Still willing to offer testing for you even though wasn't even close!

That is kind of you...haha
You can certainly test them out though, most stores are stuck with quite a bit of them : )

You can certainly test them out though, most stores are stuck with quite a bit of them : )

Yeah they don't seem to be as popular as many other wedges out there right now.

Good contest though, stumped us all.

Not everybody is hitting up on the ball and impact will still have the largest part of launch. You can quite easily have varying launch with clubs stamped with the same loft due to design

I understand you can produce different lofts with the same club. But still, isn't a iron with a 28 degree loft designed by the manufacture to naturally produce 28 degree of ball loft when used as the manufacture designed it. Wouldn't any other degree of lofts be unnaturally produced?

I am guessing with a 58mph swing speed that this was not a full swing, but still pretty decent spins numbers. What were full swing sound numbers?

This might've been the whole point of the thread and contest...most people think wedge and don't think TM. And the other way around...when you say TM, you don't think wedge.

DOH! had guessed 56*

Even if I missed it, this was a wicked idea for a contest! I look forward to seeing more of these.

Back