Contest: M2Giles heads to Disneyworld and clears out his garage

Made it to Disneyworld.

Heading to the pool since it is hot hot hot here!

1. Simba / Belle

2. IPA / rum & coke

3. First meltdown will probably be when you try to leave the park on day 1!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wow what a contest. Have a great time!

Contest 1: Minnie Mouse and Aladdin.

Contest 2: First drink is a Tiger Lager. Last is a Jungle Navigation Co. shandy at the Canteen.

Contest 3: Tea cups ride at the Magic Kingdom. He won’t want to leave.

Last edited:
Contest 1: buzz lightyear Captain Hook
Contest 2: Japanese Beer and whiskey/coke
Contest 3: Animal Kingdom walking in

Hes a fan of the fountain in the Dolphin.
e5cdfa585ada3bbe0c2bb3be01e4d3e7.jpg

Hes a fan of the fountain in the Dolphin.
e5cdfa585ada3bbe0c2bb3be01e4d3e7.jpg

Great spot too. If you want to make his day, wander over towards the little restaurant in between Yacht and Beach Club (more towards Beach Club technically) called Beaches and Cream. They've got a lot of good ice cream there and he'd have a fun time there. Also, the five cheese Grilled Cheese sandwiches there are legit.

Great spot too. If you want to make his day, wander over towards the little restaurant in between Yacht and Beach Club (more towards Beach Club technically) called Beaches and Cream. They've got a lot of good ice cream there and he'd have a fun time there. Also, the five cheese Grilled Cheese sandwiches there are legit.

Love Beaches and Cream. I heard they are expanding the restaurant. Really need more seating with as popular they have become.

Kitchen sink is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let's go against the grain a little, see how backwards I can get it

1. goofy and gaston
2. beer and beer (more specifically an IPA and a lager)
3. on the boat, middle of It's A Small World

Surprisingly/unsurprisingly I didnt have my first drink until Morimotos.

Definitely goes well with the heat outside.

Ramen for dinner
3a0e0a88349fc303fe9b64366c1bb919.jpg

Last edited:

Ramen for dinner

Ramen looks good!

The aftermath.

Very good meal. Just be open to the different timing of 8 simultaneous kitchens.
721cc5e3f6f79984121f263ddc96f40b.jpg

Have a safe and fun trip! Thanks again for this fun contest, much appreciated!

Ramen for dinner

What would your review of Morimoto be? I am coming up on our dining plans and looking for some new restaurants to try.

What would your review of Morimoto be? I am coming up on our dining plans and looking for some new restaurants to try.

I really enjoy it. A lot.

Can be on the pricey side depending on what you order. I would recommend looking at the menu beforehand. However its definitely on my short list of places to eat for my non themepark travel days.

Big thing I would say is things might come out in a weird order or timing. They have 8 separate kitchens and things get sent out as they are done. This bothers some people, but I haven't had it be an issue this time or the previous time I went.

Grandparents are spoiling him. He wouldn't let go of his duplos from the Lego store

For those that guessed that his first tantrum would be at morimoto or the hotel, neither of those are at a themepark so I recommend changing your guess. Luckily enough for us, while he got a hangry, no meltdown.

It's only a matter of when (and for you all where) not if.
564697dabfef6554ce53d24475d606a5.jpg

We are off to the animal kingdom this morning. He has some character meet and greets so we will find out if he has a favorite or will recoil (I should really give those a try in my next irons) in horror.

Went for the morning run to sweat everything out. So many memories of this place. I remember doing the run around epcot resort area 9 years ago before I reported to west point and today is the 5th anniversary of my graduation.

On Monday my family and I will descend on the happiest place on Earth (or is that Disneyland). I will be there through Friday

We will be celebrating a number of things while I'm their. My son's first Birthday and my wife's and my fifth anniversary.

If anyone knows me in real life I have stockpiled may too much golf gear in my house. Like I went through the process of writing it all down to sell on the forum and realized it would of taken way too many posts to get all the pictures in.

With that said, to help bring the forum along to celebrate this past year and the time at Disney I will be giving away some golf gear. Things may range from drivers (srixon z785 or ping g400 lst) , iron sets (srixon z785), wedges (sm6/sm7, cobra) and putters (ping vault, taylormade spider(s)). Golf balls, golf bags, and exotic shafts are all on the table. I haven't fully decided yet but the prizes will be good. But there will be three winners.

Contest 1: Which Disney Characters face and costume will my son like the best? Pick two and whoever is most right will win.

Contest 2: What will my first and last alcoholic drink be? Winner would be whoever is most correct on the two drinks.

Contest 3: Where does my son have his first tantrum on a Disney themepark Property (areas you need to have a ticket to get into). Choose a ride, a restaurant, a themepark, and area within a themepark (ie tomorrowland).

Some helpful hints: I've posted quite a bit on things I like to drink and my first meal will be at morimoto and last at the jungle canteen. I will be staying on property near epcot. My son has been watching disney junior alot and has seen a lot of the 90s movies.

Rules: free shipping to albatross club members. International winners are responsible for any fees and taxes. Items will be shipped via USPS. Non albatross club members are responsible for shipping. Contest winners will not know what they won until they recieve their box. Any ties will be broken via drawing. If you win and choose not to use the items, I ask that you donate them to the first tee or equivalent or hopefully choose to pay it forward. I could of easily traded these items in but want to give back to this amazing community.

Entries will be accepted through 1 June. 2 June winners will be announced.

Each contest is separate. A winner for each contest will be announced.

Cool contest and nice gesture!

1.I'm going with Goofy and Pluto.
2.Dim Sum Bloody Mary and to finish with a Snake bite at the rose and crown
3.Safari ride Animal Kingdom

Have fun looking forward to taking my boy next year!!!

1. Buzz Lightyear & Donald Duck
2. Mai Tai & something with whiskey in it?
3. Toy Story Land

Thanks for the cool contest! Hope you have a lot of fun with the family!

Really cool gesture!

1.I'm going with Chip&Dale and Mickey Mouse
2.Japanese Old Fashioned and then Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale
3.It's a Small World in FantasyLand

Enjoy and let me know how it goes. Planning on taking our toddler there in the next year or so and just the thought of it gives me anxiety. Haha.

First character meeting.

He attempted to eat Mickey and Minnie's nose. So at least he isnt afraid of them!

Hes got several more character greets the rest of the week.

Contest 1: Which Disney Characters face and costume will my son like the best? Mickey and Goofy

Contest 2: What will my first and last alcoholic drink be? Pineapple Whip (rum) and Beer

Contest 3: Where does my son have his first tantrum on a Disney themepark Property (areas you need to have a ticket to get into). Character breakfasts are ripe for tantrums (personal experience)

Awesome gesture, have fun!

Contest 1: Goofy & Buzz Lightyear
Contest 2: Beer & Whisky
Contest 3: waiting in line for a ride

Have a great time and thanks for the awesome gesture

For dinner tonight we went to Be Our Guest. I didnt have a chance to go before so this was a new experience.

It's a price fix menu, $60 per person and includes appetizer, main meal, and a trio of desserts. A soft drink is also included.

My son got to meet the Beast. When he first saw him, my son was a little scared but did really well for the character greet.

The food was really good. Despite how much food this place is turning out my steak was cooked to perfection. My son really enjoyed some lamb chops as well.

750adb2e1d7030c72cb0fd0a74f20ff4.jpg
83f7517cd32d98a09dc108cbcc491879.jpg
cd0f22e16431438eb8e70c2b2ceaa6b9.jpg
1135337c550a6696dc6d91ff09fee503.jpg

And we have an early favorite for the face character.
1931cc9ee91d8a5652a2bdd2b55d80ef.jpg

Back