Contest - The Golf Industry Uncut – Adam Rehberg from Bridgestone Golf

golf balls are one of those things that i have a mental block and just can't understand. but i really enjoyed the episode nonetheless. my favorite part was jb throwing in a little teaser for a piece of electronic tech something that may or may not be in the works...

Really enjoy these, one of my favorite parts is hearing how everyone got started in the industry and where they are now. His favorite sandwich choice and choice of hot dog toppings is questionable, but sounds like a great guy who loves the game immensely and loves what he does.

Interesting that they decided to keep the E6 moniker even though they dropped the E5 & E7. I think it may leave people wondering which ball is right, but I'm sure a simple online fitting will answer those. Either way sounds like a great addition by subtraction to the Bridgestone lineup.

Really enjoyed the episode! Covered all the bases on the initial questions I had about the e-Series lineup changes. I hope this new strategy works out well for Bridgestone, and I think it will.

When I first saw the media kit, I was thinking how cool it would be to get a hold of one of those since it's creative/clever and designed to challenge your thoughts about the competition...and of course, THP delivers! What an awesome contest!!! Thanks THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity!!!

Really enjoy these, one of my favorite parts is hearing how everyone got started in the industry and where they are now. His favorite sandwich choice and choice of hot dog toppings is questionable, but sounds like a great guy who loves the game immensely and loves what he does.

Interesting that they decided to keep the E6 moniker even though they dropped the E5 & E7. I think it may leave people wondering which ball is right, but I'm sure a simple online fitting will answer those. Either way sounds like a great addition by subtraction to the Bridgestone lineup.

Really enjoyed the episode! Covered all the bases on the initial questions I had about the e-Series lineup changes. I hope this new strategy works out well for Bridgestone, and I think it will.

When I first saw the media kit, I was thinking how cool it would be to get a hold of one of those since it's creative/clever and designed to challenge your thoughts about the competition...and of course, THP delivers! What an awesome contest!!! Thanks THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity!!!

Glad you guys enjoyed the show. I agree jdtox, it is fun to get a background.

Enjoyed the show. Also interested to learn about Bridgestone's decision for e5 and e7. I was on a golf trip to Mexico last week and a fellow player noticed my B330s and asked for a recommendation. I suggested using the online tool and predicted e6 would be the recommendation. Guess my chances for picking the right ball just went up!

Last edited:
I've got this one downloaded for my trip to Des Moines tomorrow. I'm glad I have some good listening material to keep me awake :bulgy-eyes:

Finally got my entry in. I've listened to this episode multiple times now. Have to say that I'm really interested in trying the new e6 soft and speed. Personally, I don't see myself giving up the B330, but the new e6 sounds like something I would enjoy.

That was a fun listen. I'm a nerd, too, so I support this podcast. I enjoyed the e7, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the new e6 performs.

That was a fun listen. I'm a nerd, too, so I support this podcast. I enjoyed the e7, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the new e6 performs.

E6 Speed could be solid for you.

Really enjoyed the episode listening to Adam and it is crazy to think there is potentially 18-24 prototypes for just one ball..

Really enjoyed the episode listening to Adam and it is crazy to think there is potentially 18-24 prototypes for just one ball..

That was something I learned right during the show myself. I had no idea it was so many. Assumed maybe 10.

That was something I learned right during the show myself. I had no idea it was so many. Assumed maybe 10.
I will admit that I didn't even think 10, but it makes me appreciate how much work they put in to finding the right balance in each version of their ball.

Enjoyed the show. Also interested to learn about Bridgestone's decision for e5 and e7. I was on a golf to Mexico last week and a fellow player noticed my Bridgestone balls and asked for a recommendation. I suggested using the online tool and predicted e6 would be the recommendation. Guess my chances for predicting the correct answer just went up!

Great show, deep into. I believe that the e7 & e5 discontinued maybe?? e7 is the new speed e6 and the soft combo e5 e6? I think that's how I took it

Great show, deep into. I believe that the e7 & e5 discontinued maybe?? e7 is the new speed e6 and the soft combo e5 e6? I think that's how I took it

Discontinued would be accurate, but I think the better term is that the evolved/streamlined the line, but either way, you are correct.

Great show as usual and I feel like I learned a few things.

I have no idea what the sales numbers are but I can't see the e6 soft being a true e5 replacement without the Urethane cover. Perhaps I misunderstood if that was the intent or not and as JB noted, the B330 line is there for anyone who wants urethane.
I found it interesting how they tweaked the core itself to try and maximise both ball speed and spin reduction. I imagine this is something very similar to Callaway's "softfast" core?

Great show as usual and I feel like I learned a few things.

I have no idea what the sales numbers are but I can't see the e6 soft being a true e5 replacement without the Urethane cover. Perhaps I misunderstood if that was the intent or not and as JB noted, the B330 line is there for anyone who wants urethane.
I found it interesting how they tweaked the core itself to try and maximise both ball speed and spin reduction. I imagine this is something very similar to Callaway's "softfast" core?

I understand and agree on the urethane part, I think he was speaking more of the way the e Series was branded. e5 to get the ball up, e6 to get the ball straight and e7 to get the ball lower.

I love these episodes. It's cool learning a little about how equipment is created and the R&D talk is so cool. Obviously you can't get super in depth about it due to time constraints but it would be awesome to learn more in depth how they create and develop new technology and decide on their new product. Well done JB!

Contest - The Golf Industry Uncut – Adam Rehberg from Bridgestone Golf

I love these episodes. It's cool learning a little about how equipment is created and the R&D talk is so cool. Obviously you can't get super in depth about it due to time constraints but it would be awesome to learn more in depth how they create and develop new technology and decide on their new product. Well done JB!

This sounds like a great idea for a series on a lot of products.

Completely agreed!

We are actually working on several series similar to that, that I think you will enjoy.

We are actually working on several series similar to that, that I think you will enjoy.
That's great to hear. I get nerded out on things like that.

The length of the shows are just perfect - 30 min in the car is easy to find.

The length of the shows are just perfect - 30 min in the car is easy to find.

Thanks. We try to keep it that way deliberately to have it be 25-32 minutes total.

Listened to it today on the drive to work and back. Adam was a great interview. Im with him, I'd golf every day if I could.

Back