Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that bars are forced to close once again in Michigan...well at least the indoor part. They are allowed to stay open if they have a patio or food but must be outdoors.
Does governor crazy lady have a bar on her boat?

Masks now required in PA. Doesn’t make much of a difference around here since just about everywhere was wearing one already. I think this was just to stop the confusion because red, yellow, and green phases are hard to figure out.
90BBC0C8-4054-43B4-A6CB-2762E58DF7C2.jpeg

For those of you arguing the death rate has not increased even though the number of infection has increased, you do realize there is a lag of about a month or so between the two numbers.
It would be interesting to see the number in a couple of weeks and see if the number of deaths starts creeping back up. Hopefully treatment has gotten better to reduce the number of deaths, but unfortunately I would guess it will still increase.

For those of you arguing the death rate has not increased even though the number of infection has increased, you do realize there is a lag of about a month or so between the two numbers.
It would be interesting to see the number in a couple of weeks and see if the number of deaths starts creeping back up. Hopefully treatment has gotten better to reduce the number of deaths, but unfortunately I would guess it will still increase.
It's kind of tough since there isn't a real baseline, considering how BS the COVID death count has been so far. It's been so loose, I could make a claim that Starbucks is the leading cause of death in this Country in 2020 and still be relatively close with my logic.

This is very true, yet if you look at the states that were completely overrun with positive increase a month ago, their death rates today are actually down.

In my town (where we were not ordered to close again) we have a thriving downtown scene. Do Farmer's Market, tons of bars and restaurants etc. The Downtown Association has taken to blocking off lanes of traffic and restricting cars to allow the restaurants to have expanded outdoor seating. It has been cool to see them come up with a unique solution that helps the business owners. Not perfect, but something.
Didn't Newsome shut down restaurants and bars again?

This will be my last post in here for a bit, but want to make a few points before I block this one out and go enjoy the rest of the forum for a few days or so.

First, I want to say sorry if I’ve given the impression of feuding in this thread. I know I’m passionate about how I feel and that can come through pretty direct in text. I’ve not reported anyone, but I also do not want to cause extra work on the fine folks that run this forum.

Second, I will not let myself live in an echo chamber where everyone I associate with shares the same beliefs that I do. I do not mind someone challenging my views and that’s one thing I appreciate about my friend @golfunfiltered. He and I don’t agree on a lot, but we both share a passion for golf and I’m proud to call him a friend. I’m just not the cancel culture type because people think differently than me.

Lastly, masks...my wife and I had a really good discussion on masks yesterday while walking the baby and our dog. She really pushed me on why I don’t want to wear one. I’ve documented it here...I don’t believe they help and I do believe they inspire fear, but she said to me...what if they do help just a little bit? Why not just suck it up when you go to the store? I agreed. She shares the same belief as me, but she is right. If they help, even just a smidge, I’m willing to do it even when not required.

I hope you all can continue to enjoy this thread. Someone told me they had a friend searching for info on the Coronavirus and THP popped up. That’s pretty cool, right?:cool:

Before this thread gets shut down again...I've been hearing a lot about increased positivity. Yes, they are doing more testing but from what I can see, the positivity rates are going up. Does anyone have any credible sources that point to the reason why?
If my memory serves, back in the day it was said that it was going to increase until there's a vaccine. It only makes sense to me that the positives will continue to increase as the virus is not going to go away on its own, and that is where the herd immunity will eventually kick in.
Again, the goal of the shutdowns were to keep the hospitals from being overrun, but now after months of the MM claiming that everything imposed is to "stop the spread", everyone seems to have picked up that line, and it's all we hear now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't even want to look at Next Door comments. THP is nowhere close to the vicious attacks over masks, treatments, and people make wild accusations about restaurants and shops that can ruin businesses.
This will be my last post in here for a bit, but want to make a few points before I block this one out and go enjoy the rest of the forum for a few days or so.

First, I want to say sorry if I’ve given the impression of feuding in this thread. I know I’m passionate about how I feel and that can come through pretty direct in text. I’ve not reported anyone, but I also do not want to cause extra work on the fine folks that run this forum.

Second, I will not let myself live in an echo chamber where everyone I associate with shares the same beliefs that I do. I do not mind someone challenging my views and that’s one thing I appreciate about my friend @golfunfiltered. He and I don’t agree on a lot, but we both share a passion for golf and I’m proud to call him a friend. I’m just not the cancel culture type because people think differently than me.

Lastly, masks...my wife and I had a really good discussion on masks yesterday while walking the baby and our dog. She really pushed me on why I don’t want to wear one. I’ve documented it here...I don’t believe they help and I do believe they inspire fear, but she said to me...what if they do help just a little bit? Why not just suck it up when you go to the store? I agreed. She shares the same belief as me, but she is right. If they help, even just a smidge, I’m willing to do it even when not required.

I hope you all can continue to enjoy this thread. Someone told me they had a friend searching for info on the Coronavirus and THP popped up. That’s pretty cool, right?:cool:
Ahhhh, stick around. My report card is likely beyond F, like maybe an H or S at this point. :unsure:

If my memory serves, back in the day it was said that it was going to increase until there's a vaccine. It only makes sense to me that the positives will continue to increase as the virus is not going to go away on its own, and that is where the herd immunity will eventually kick in.
Again, the goal of the shutdowns were to keep the hospitals from being overrun, but now after months of the MM claiming that everything imposed is to "stop the spread", everyone seems to have picked up that line, and it's all we hear now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You are correct. The never-ending circular argument.

It seemingly has.. My buddy is ICU nurse says while NJ was big on intubating early, hasnt been doing that as much. seems high dose steroids seem to work better, and initial treatment like Zithromax and Vitamin C weren't doing much so they're down

I’ve found the perfect treatment for Covid anxiety. It’s temporary but it works. Take roughly 4 months off from working out and then workout like you did when you were doing it a lot. I can’t feel anything. And I can’t walk. So I can’t go around people or even think. But I can THP.

Last edited:
The level of insanity is unreal. I'm reading posts on Next Door and people are attacking others for questioning if masks work. Then I find out one of the attackers wears a home made bandanna, and SELLS THEM! Then I ask if the bandanna lady if her product has been tested to stop airborne pathogens, and I get attacked by her and 20 other whackos who can't fathom simple questions. I gotta agree with others that the mask appears to be a placebo given the immediate rage if they're questioned.

I can safely say THP is far calmer than Next Door. If you disagree on there, it's "ALL ABOUT YOU, HUH, you WANT people to DIE!!!". Wow. This virus has created a new set of lunatics.

Great post

It seemingly has.. My buddy is ICU nurse says while NJ was big on intubating early, hasnt been doing that as much. seems high dose steroids seem to work better, and initial treatment like Zithromax and Vitamin C weren't doing much so they're down
That seems to fall in line with the UK study that says dexamethasone seems to help reduce ventilator deaths by 35% and those not on ventilators in the ICU by 20%. If hospitals have moved onto this and potentially other steroids that seems to make a big difference but it doesn't seem to do much for those that aren't that ill in treating symptoms.

That seems to fall in line with the UK study that says dexamethasone seems to help reduce ventilator deaths by 35% and those not on ventilators in the ICU by 20%. If hospitals have moved onto this and potentially other steroids that seems to make a big difference but it doesn't seem to do much for those that aren't that ill in treating symptoms.
Your from Worthington OH. My Dad was from there. He fought in WWII and somehow survived. He always talked about how much he liked Worthington. I know, off topic.

I need to go into the office for the first time since March. Don’t worry, I’ll be wearing a mask made from old bedsheets and carrying hand sanitizer. My biggest concern is the slacks and dress shirt. Clothes don’t have expiration dates, right?

I need to go into the office for the first time since March. Don’t worry, I’ll be wearing a mask made from old bedsheets and carrying hand sanitizer. My biggest concern is the slacks and dress shirt. Clothes don’t have expiration dates, right?
I think you work in finance, so age of clothing is of no concern. :p EDIT: I'm KIDDING!!!

While perusing the COVID posts, I'm listening to William Shatner's Greatest Hits album because I want to experience near-death just in case some bandanna guy offs me with a COVID spray buckshot pattern I can't avoid while buying frozen pizzas.

I’ve found the perfect treatment for Covid anxiety. It’s temporary but it works. Take roughly 4 months off from working out and then workout like you did when you were doing it a lot. I can’t feel anything. And I can’t walk. So I can’t go around people or even think. But I can THP.
I have found that the best thing to get my mind off of COVID is to wonder why I chuck or blade pitch shots from tight lies. :unsure:

Fwiw used bed sheets (even washed ones) can be holding a whole world of bacteria.
Laundry detergents help loosen dirts but does not kill germs. Hot water does but to be much closer to being real efficient at doing that it needs to be hotter than what our water heaters put out and very often a lot hotter than what we wash a lot of our clothes at. And for those who tend to leave wet loads in the washer (getting them out hours later) its a bacteria heaven.

Last edited:

The Freebirds and The Von Erichs that was a feud, this wasn’t a feud.

Great Post.

Fwiw used bed sheets (even washed ones) can be holding a whole world of bacteria.
Laundry detergents help loosen dirts but does not kill germs. Hot water does but to be much closer to being real efficient at doing that it needs to be hotter than what our water heaters put out and very often a lot hotter than what we wash a lot of our clothes at. And for those who tend to leave wet loads in the washer (getting them out hours later) its a bacteria heaven.
Rollin, you get it. I'm working with a company that makes sterilized fabrics for OR rooms. There's a medical standard for washing fabrics that most households cannot match.

Great post!

This from a person that marched in a protest in June while not wearing a mask, then was tested for Covid the following week! Gov. Cooper warning people about gathering together to celebrate the 4th of July.
CEDB1A19-DD51-48F6-8CB9-9817FFB1FB48.jpeg

The Freebirds and The Von Erichs that was a feud, this wasn’t a feud.

Great Post.

Nice wrestling reference. Had to give you a like for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back