Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are they getting it a second time????

If not, that’s a damaging way to collect data or worse, seems like fraud at some level.

If people are getting it again after recovering that a more important story than an increase in the total number of cases.

Sorry, I must be missing something here.

I feel a bit like a Richard for posting this, but it just seems like we as a nation are failing this challenge - and the media and social media have to take at least some of the responsibility, imo.
I think Dobbs was talking about people who were tested that already had the virus and recovered. I guess the test reveals that info. But they count "old" infections as new.

It's another study with a new variable - the steroid, which we did not hear about until recently.

Most of us, I believe, would reach for any drug that might help.

An excerpt:

'Researchers not involved in the Henry Ford study pointed out it wasn't of the same quality of the studies showing hydroxychloroquine did not help patients, and said other treatments, such as the use of the steroid dexamethasone, might have accounted for the better survival of some patients."
I was wondering if they did any testing with steroids. The 2 times I have had pneumonia and every time I've had a sinus infection I was prescribed steroids. All respiratory ailments.

I don’t care which “treatment” worked with what or how cases are measured. Give us updates on a vaccine. I know there are several trials in progress and have been for months.

I don’t care which “treatment” worked with what or how cases are measured. Give us updates on a vaccine. I know there are several trials in progress and have been for months.
Pfizer reported positive progress this past week.

But for COVID nobody would die in nursing homes. Lol.
They used to list all deaths by age, but no more. Back when overall was in the 20 range, every single death was an individual 65 or older.

Maybe they removed age breakdown to mitigate a sense of safety perhaps shared by younger folks? Who knows.

My fear is that you're all gonna clamour to get vaccines that are hardly tested and trusted, all for a 50% chance of it working. Flip a coin.

If that is the case, please, please, please, DO NOT mandate everyone else gets it. Get it yourself if you want it. I do not. I have a wonked out immune system and avoid all vaccines for fear of my body's reaction to them. Despite my doctors insisting every year for at least the last ten years that I'll die without them. :rolleyes:

But for COVID nobody would die in nursing homes. Lol.
Most danggerous place to be in MN, no doubt. Nearly 80% of deaths are in LTC facilities.
My mom is so sick and I'm reaaaally struggling right now with her at home, but those places are a death sentence right now. :cry: This is the WORST of times for so many people for so many reasons.

In the Wexford County where I reside, there have been 30 cases with 4 deaths. In Grand Traverse County where I work, there have been 53 cases with 5 deaths.

Overall, the death rate in Michigan is 9.2% which is way above the national average. I have to believe we aren't doing the same testing as other states.

The two counties have been handling this very differently. Grand Traverse is being more proactive with some businesses requiring face coverings and taking measures to insure distancing. Wexford is much more relaxed with some businesses not even requesting face coverings.

I'm now building portable sink cabinets for my company. Many will be used for schools and daycare businesses as portable wash stations.

The work is done in a steel building with no A/C and lots of machinery running. Face coverings are required in the offices (with A/C) but not on the floor. We wear them around our necks and try to remember to pull them up when we get within a few feet of one another. With temps in the low to mid 90's this week and next, wearing those things for 8 hours would just be brutal.

They used to list all deaths by age, but no more. Back when overall was in the 20 range, every single death was an individual 65 or older.

Maybe they removed age breakdown to mitigate a sense of safety perhaps shared by younger folks? Who knows.
I think that's part of it. Also, to quiet everyone yelling about the shut down of the economy based on it affecting primarily the elderly.

I think most disconcerting is that there really is no standard for reporting in all of this from state to state. Some reports of Covid being on death certificates when maybe it was in their system, technically, but say they had a recent double lung transplant. Things like that. None of the numbers are standardized, so the data is largely bunk. (n) Putting someone on a ventillator, I forget how much that is a day, but the head spins. Last thing you want is to be put on one (of course) but for self-preservation and profit avoidance. Yep, its that bad, folks. All things Covid being paid for 100% by insurance supposedly. Tread carefully. There's a lot of people hoping you'll get it. Their bottom lines are depending on it. o_O

Edit: I'd also like to see a breakdown (in standardized numbers, mind you,) of how many are admitted to hospitals, not just testing positive. That's akey differentiation. If they test eveyone for the ten most common viruses, they're probably going to be in most of us already. Its viruses. Same with Covid for MOST people. And it is like the common cold ONLY in this regard. Some circles are saying SARS spliced with 2 AIDS segments. Great....

Last edited:
My fear is that you're all gonna clamour to get vaccines that are hardly tested and trusted, all for a 50% chance of it working. Flip a coin.

If that is the case, please, please, please, DO NOT mandate everyone else gets it. Get it yourself if you want it. I do not. I have a wonked out immune system and avoid all vaccines for fear of my body's reaction to them. Despite my doctors insisting every year for at least the last ten years that I'll die without them. :rolleyes:
I"ll definitely be passing on that vaccine. No thanks. And no, I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

I am fully behind vaccines, but I won’t be rushing to get this one, I must admit. I get the urgency, but it does concern me a little to have a vaccine rushed out so quickly. That said, when the rest of the world has turned in to zombies, and I’m the lone survivor, maybe I might wish I had taken the vaccine LOL.

What do you mean hardly tested or trusted? A phase 3 trial will provide plenty of data.

If asked I’d be first on line for a vaccine trial. Anything to get the ball rolling and speed things along

What do you mean hardly tested or trusted? A phase 3 trial will provide plenty of data.
You want "data"? I want proof. Que Cruise and Nicholson.
Stats. Data. Dangerous, easily manipulated any which way they want the results to be. This isn't anything new at all in the way this all operates.
The data...the data...that's what everyone wants. And they are MORE than happy to give it to us all. ;)

You want "data"? I want proof. Que Cruise and Nicholson.
Stats. Data. Dangerous, easily manipulated any which way they want the results to be. This isn't anything new at all in the way this all operates.
The data...the data...that's what everyone wants. And they are MORE than happy to give it to us all. ;)
It doesn’t work that way at FDA, thankfully.

There ya go. Read up, couple different types of vaccines and in different phases of the process. Looks promising but they need the time to do the work. Pretty cool that a few companies are working on more than one vaccine. Sign me up, I doubt the side effects are worse than death (I’ve got the asthma).

There ya go. Read up, couple different types of vaccines and in different phases of the process. Looks promising but they need the time to do the work. Pretty cool that a few companies are working on more than one vaccine. Sign me up, I doubt the side effects are worse than death (I’ve got the asthma).

I had the asthma as a kid, still haven’t figured if that puts me anywhere on the ok to screwed spectrum.

I’d be happier with a solid treatment plan for those who have symptoms requiring medical attention. Vaccines have their place for sure but I hope these are in the eradication rather than hope to prevent category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a strong belief here that the virus is Darwin based. People with a higher BMI than IQ are vulnerable, and survival of the fittest is the main criteria.

Mandatory masks in Cleveland Columbus Cincinnati... It seems like the lockdown that we did before was all for not as cases have skyrocketed!

Mandatory masks in Cleveland Columbus Cincinnati... It seems like the lockdown that we did before was all for not as cases have skyrocketed!
Once we started relying on personal responsibility over government restrictions it was bound to happen. Too many people didn’t take it seriously. Many people don’t realize their personal decisions can have impact on people other than themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back