Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard we may be sheltering in place till the 31st...

Macy's closing all stores nationwide March 18-31. Paying all employees during that time.

I'm still on quarantine today. Feeling better in some areas(fever is gone), but throat is incredibly sore from coughing. Still no word on the test results.

Got an email today from work that they are starting a work from home rotation. That's going to be interesting to see how that goes.

I'm still on quarantine today. Feeling better in some areas(fever is gone), but throat is incredibly sore from coughing. Still no word on the test results.

Got an email today from work that they are starting a work from home rotation. That's going to be interesting to see how that goes.

Hope you're turning the corner and that it wasn't the COVID

Hope you're turning the corner and that it wasn't the COVID

I still don't think I have it, and the test for it was pretty damn uncomfortable unless you like things being stuck all the way up your nose haha

the very worst part for me right now is that I have to stay away from my little guy. So I am hoping that tomorrow I can hear a result and that allows me to go hold him, feed him, and spend some QT together.

Hey at least the fever's gone right?

I still don't think I have it, and the test for it was pretty damn uncomfortable unless you like things being stuck all the way up your nose haha

the very worst part for me right now is that I have to stay away from my little guy. So I am hoping that tomorrow I can hear a result and that allows me to go hold him, feed him, and spend some QT together.

That sucks man. Hope it comes out ok.

Is the test like the flu test where the jab a swab to your brain? At least it feels that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I had to share this because to me it shows how stupid people are. As we all know, schools nationwide have canceled classroom classes for at least a couple weeks. Obviously this is to cut done on spreading germs with kids not exactly being the cleanest and cut down in groups gathering.

My oldest turns 4 Saturday. We had planned a party and invited all his little friends and a bunch of family before all of this became an issue. The party was supposed to be at the local mini golf place in town called PuttPutt. However, we of course decided it was not a good idea and called them to postpone for at least a month and just celebrate later.

My wife calls PuttPutt and while talking with the manager asks her how bad their business is being impacted. The manager says it is mostly affecting them because they have no idea how many people to staff on a daily basis. Now one would assume that means a lot of people are not working because of no business. Quite the contrary. Evidently, since they closed the schools PuttPutt is packed with kids all day every day.

Come on people. Use a little common sense. Schools aren’t closed so your kids can just all gather in mass and have a good time!

Supposedly our governor would like us to take people's temperatures before letting them in the office every day.

Hard pass just close down the state so we can all move on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I had that done before for the flu while I'm happy it was fast my eyes were watering like a baby

I had that done before for the flu while I'm happy it was fast my eyes were watering like a baby

lol she did it once and I hated it. She then said, now you are really going hate me because I need to do the other side.

lol she did it once and I hated it. She then said, now you are really going hate me because I need to do the other side.
Oh snap knowing what's coming would make that a billion times worse

Deer lawd

We had a successful first video chat with my daughters 4th grade class on Google Hangouts tonight. Official online classes for NH are to begin Monday, but they will do a trial run tomorrow and Friday as well. 9-12am, covers the core math reading and writing. Lunch, recess, art, and music are presumed handled by the parents during the rest of the day to round out normal school schedule.

I was impressed with the overall cohesion of the community pulling it together. One kid declared on the chat "I'm ready for video learning because right now my Mom is trying to home school and ANYTHING is better than that :ROFLMAO:" (she was sitting next to him... can't beat honesty!).

The wave of economic hardship descending is stifling to consider.

Eff that... wishing you a speedy 100% return to activities ⛳

Golfed today with friends. One rode alone since he is taking care of his mom so I rode alone also. We wiped down our cart and left the flag in. No water or restrooms open on course plus the grill was closed. I never felt unsafe. I was more at risk stopping at the grocery store on the way home.

National news showed Clearwater Beach and all the partiers ignoring all social distancing. They probably stayed there until they got the quotes they wanted. "Its an old person virus" "If I get sick I don't care I want to party". And then commenting on how the divide between generations is being exposed. When they said a few days ago that our fate was in the hands of millennials I knew we where screwed.

Why hasn't the local authority closed the beaches if they think they need to close the golf courses? Are the restaurants and bars closed in FL? If so, there is no financial gain in keeping the beach open.

Golfed today with friends. One rode alone since he is taking care of his mom so I rode alone also. We wiped down our cart and left the flag in. No water or restrooms open on course plus the grill was closed. I never felt unsafe. I was more at risk stopping at the grocery store on the way home.

National news showed Clearwater Beach and all the partiers ignoring all social distancing. They probably stayed there until they got the quotes they wanted. "Its an old person virus" "If I get sick I don't care I want to party". And then commenting on how the divide between generations is being exposed. When they said a few days ago that our fate was in the hands of millennials I knew we where screwed.

Why hasn't the local authority closed the beaches if they think they need to close the golf courses? Are the restaurants and bars closed in FL? If so, there is no financial gain in keeping the beach open.

You do realize that kids on the beach for spring break aren’t millenials, right?

Clearwater voted to close the beaches starting on 3/23 for at least 2 weeks.
Just scrolled back and found this post. Why after the weekend? So more kids can go party? In a state with a huge elderly population, you'd think they would be all about being cautious.

You do realize that kids on the beach for spring break aren’t millenials, right?
Wasted 20-somethings. What do you call them?

The U.S. Census Bureau defines a millennial as a person born between 1982 and 2000.

I’m not 100% convinced the tall fellow isn’t Joel Embiid.

I just noticed the guy in red with the house arrest anklet haha

Wasted 20-somethings. What do you call them?

The U.S. Census Bureau defines a millennial as a person born between 1982 and 2000.

Most have the dates as 1981-1996. Many, if not most millenials are in their mid/late 20s to late 30s and raising families at this point.

Supposedly our governor would like us to take people's temperatures before letting them in the office every day.

Hard pass just close down the state so we can all move on

When I imagine governors taking temperatures, I don't imagine them using a forehead or oral thermometer . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back