Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think just the word "pandemic" scares a lot of people. All it means is that there is a widespread, infectious disease. HIV/AIDS is still considered a pandemic but not much is heard about it anymore.

I am finding it more and more difficult to give a *** at work while all this goes on.
I was busy the first couple days but today as I start to slow down I feel the same way

I am finding it more and more difficult to give a *** at work while all this goes on.
Yep. Just wait until next week when basically no one cares anymore once more stuff is closed.

Ugh. I want to take a vacation.
I'm with you. Our race in Vegas was cancelled last night. We are looking at loading the motor home and heading some place warm.

Day one of shelter in place and I’m already starting to go stir crazy LOL. I don’t live in the busiest of towns, but there’s normally stuff going on. It’s eerily quiet out there today. All I can hear are the birds and the ocean.

Day one of shelter in place and I’m already starting to go stir crazy LOL. I don’t live in the busiest of towns, but there’s normally stuff going on. It’s eerily quiet out there today. All I can hear are the birds and the ocean.

those are my favorite sounds...

Sounds like you one of the lucky ones that STILL HAVE WORK. The world in the toilet in many ways.
Yep. Not sure why it needs to be in all caps. I'm fully aware I am lucky in that way.

Big 3 shutting down. News gets worse every hour.

...All I can hear are the birds...

I miss the ocean but when I take my dogs out in the morning, I sit and listen to the birds....

The Outer Banks(OBX) in N.C. are closing the bridges/ferries for non-residents! Only residents, deliveries, etc. allowed!

At what point should we be cancelling domestic travel plans? For example, we have a trip scheduled in mid-May, and I'm not sure if that's smart.

Yes, I agree. From a March 9, 2020 Time magazine article:

Looking at data from countries with robust testing systems does support the idea that the disease’s mortality rate may be lower than 3.4%...The mortality rate in South Korea, where more than 1,100 tests have been administered per million residents, comes out to just 0.6%, for example...Few countries with significant testing capacity are reporting mortality rates above 2%.
This is a real post from a real restaurant near us.

View attachment 8932405
How do you know the UBER person is not funked up? the wife and I were wondering how that is safer as you have no idea who this person is and they are exposed to strangers constantly by the job.

How do you know the UBER person is not funked up? the wife and I were wondering how that is safer as you have no idea who this person is and they are exposed to strangers constantly by the job.

In theory, if they have a mask and gloves on, can’t really spread much right?

In theory, if they have a mask and gloves on, can’t really spread much right?
ha, I have been in a lot of ubers and believing they are doing things properly all the time is a dream. But maybe they do in these times.

Same level of trust you give anybody else that you interact with.

ha, I have been in a lot of ubers and believing they are doing things properly all the time is a dream. But maybe they do in these times.

I believe it, I am also making the assumption that’s the protocol to be an ubereats driver.

Just got to North FL and pretty much will stay locked in for a few days working.

Just got to North FL and pretty much will stay locked in for a few days working.

There are worse places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back