Course Waiting on Carts?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your course waiting on new golf carts? For instance lease is up and still waiting or well behind and the carts look tired? I know our club has been waiting for months on their new carts and I heard it won't happen this year even. I know of another place where we host a THP Event that was supposed to have a new fleet in April and they are being told January now.

Is the cart condition bad at your course and if so does the course give you insight?

We just had our fleet refreshed at the start of this year, so that's great news considering how nuts it is out there.

How are the brakes on the carts, JB? That's usually the worst thing about ours as the lease expires.

• Admin
How are the brakes on the carts, JB? That's usually the worst thing about ours as the lease expires.
I use the Motocaddy most of the time, so don't pay a ton of attention, but brakes and battery issues are always first and I was told by another member that they have had multiple breakdowns on the course recently. Cart manufacturers are so backed up that even with the crazy inflated prices, there is nothing courses can do.

I use the Motocaddy most of the time, so don't pay a ton of attention, but brakes and battery issues are always first and I was told by another member that they have had multiple breakdowns on the course recently. Cart manufacturers are so backed up that even with the crazy inflated prices, there is nothing courses can do.
Makes me wonder what the next year or so looks like for all these courses where walking simply isn't an option.

Yes, our fleet is running thin, too.

• Admin
Makes me wonder what the next year or so looks like for all these courses where walking simply isn't an option.
I asked our GM when I was with Koske out there and he said they were told September, but that they were also told August and July. People talk about shafts and grips being delayed, carts might be the largest and longest delay going.

I spoke to one golf cart manufacturer a few weeks ago that said if I ordered a cart today, I would have it in September of 2022...:oops:

Course is getting new carts next year.

The carts at my course were replaced early this year. Sounds like they timed it well.

My home course their carts seem fine and quality to me, but not numerous. I think they keep them in good working order and when they are not they get rid of them. I've only been there a year and I've only had the problem once really when I called in a busy afternoon and they said I could go but didn't know if they had any carts left.

The other place I played a couple times their carts are terrible and look old and broken, they run though and that was enough for me.

I have no clue about the carts at my course. They look the same as they did 3-5 years ago, but I don't ever see them having problems with them. Also 90% of my rounds are with the motocaddy.

A local public course has been waiting on their new carts for 6 months. Probably won’t see them until next year

My course has replaced all of the carts in the last 2 years so they are good to go.

I think we are about a 1 1/2- 2 years of a 3 years lease with our carts. Most of the carts still seem pretty good other than scrapes and such to the body. I asked the pro about that last time when they got these carts and how that worked with the old ones and he said as long as they can drive them onto the trailer when they pick them up then they aren't penalized.

I believe our club ordered their every so many year replacement fleet (every six years? maybe eight?) about a year ago for delivery this "spring". That got pushed back to "June" and then "September" and now the manufacturer is starting to waffle a bit on that promise. I think the latest word was they'll be here when they get here.

This is all what was reported in the club newsletter. I actually have no idea what condition the carts are in as I've never used one. My feet are a little the worse for wear but no replacement scheduled at this time:cool:

Between our two local courses I think they have like 300 carts altogether. Maybe more.

All the carts I've used in the past couple years, have been in pretty good shape. No complaints. I know they replace the batteries as needed.

My local, home course employs a highly qualified golf cart mechanic, who keeps all the carts in tip top shape. He also sends carts to the local highschool's auto shop for maintenance..... for the students benefits.

They also tried those scooter rides, with the intent being to replace some of their regular carts. Those scooters didn't go over well with our local golfers.

Also, if you damage a cart, they are not afraid to make you pay for the damage, depending on the situation.

Thankfully, ours were replaced last year before the madness hit, because what they replaced didn't have much life left in them.

My home course got 6 new carts this spring - Yamaha’s. They’re so quiet!

The other local is in desperate need of a refresh but no idea on their plans. Tuck tape on seats, cracks in the body kit…

I wish, our carts are POS.

The two public course in my area have been working with the same carts since I've been golfing (close to 10 years now). No indication that anything is changing soon but one of the courses needs new ones badly.

Our home course got a new fleet fairly recent and they still look good, but I know the total number of rounds put on them is already up based on the previous estimate pre covid and golf boom

We got new carts earlier this year, and they were in need. A club in town is going on near four years with their current fleet, at least they were last time I played.

We got a new fleet a couple years ago (leased) but we have a couple big tournaments that we normally rent a couple dozen more for from the same supplier, but this year they do not have these available. It will be pretty interesting this weekend at one of those tournaments!

Not that I know of. The carts aren't hoopties, but they're not brand spankin' new either.

I know rounds are way up at our course the last couple of years, and the carts have got a ton of use. It’s starting to show on some of them (squeaky and breaks not working). Not sure though what the official state of affairs is. I’ll ask our pro next time I’m out.

Course I have league at on Monday’s finally got new ones in a couple weeks ago, after promising for over 3 months that they would be there. First year in the league but most of the guys had mentioned rates went up to get the carts but they hadn’t seen them yet till that point.

Back