Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Any of you guys wear Cowboy Boots? I've been looking for a nice pair that I can wear regularly and there are so many to choose from it's not funny. So far I like Dan Bailey and Frye but I just want something that looks cool and is comfortable for daily wear

Cowboy Boots

Any of you guys wear Cowboy Boots? I've been looking for a nice pair that I can wear regularly and there are so many to choose from it's not funny. So far I like Dan Bailey and Frye but I just want something that looks cool and is comfortable for daily wear

I have not worn boots since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I’ve heard really good things about Tony Lama boots, and now I’ve expended all of my boot knowledge.

Depends on the style you like. I have a pair of square toed Ariat boots that are damn comfortable for daily wear.

I got a pair of Tecovas that I have been happy with. Price is pretty good too...

I have a pair of Ariat's that I love. I actually wear them quite often with my dress clothes for work and they work equally well for going out casually. They are so comfortable now that I think I'll always have a pair of boots.

a2f98482e8580f1e14af9fe011a195bf.jpg

For daily wear, you can't ever go wrong with Justin Ropers.

I have several pairs of Dan Post that I wear all the time actually gonna get a new pair soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear Ariat, they're actually my daily "shoe" for work. Nothing is as comfortable as a good pair of boots.

Another vote for Ariats.

paging mikeg74

Cowboy Boots

Kind of depends on the budget which way to go. Boots can get expensive.

Daily can’t go wrong with Ariat, Justin or Tony Llama

High end it’s Luchesse

Last edited:
Frye make very comfortable cowboy boots. I have ten pairs of cowboy boots (some I wear for the stables/riding and others I wear casually). Frye can be costly but very comfy. Ariat and Justin also make affordable and comfy boots. Some of my boots are more comfortable than my tennis shoes. There are other high end makers that are great investments if you are looking to add boots to your daily wardrobe.

Sorry - lived in Texas for 50 yrs and have never bought a pair of cowboy boots ... you can ask about golf shoes though...

I was a Lucchesse homer for years but for my birthday last year my mom got me a pair of Stetson handmades. Not saying I won’t go back to Lucchesse for my next pair but the Stetsons are very comfortable and look great.

There is nothing that compares, comfort wise, to a good pair of boots.

I own a pair of Ariats, Justin’s and Tony Lamas. By far the most comfortable are the Ariats. I did stop by the boot store Saturday and tried on some boots made from calf and they were like a house slipper lol. I would have bought them but the price was to steep.

Kind of depends on the budget which way to go. Boots can get expensive.

Daily can’t go wrong with Ariat, Justin or Tony Llama

High end it’s Luchesse

I'm looking to spend sub $400, I like the Luchesse but man the ones I like are very pricey lol.

I'll be in Ft Worth in a couple weeks and I'm going to go by Cavenders and see what they have, boot stores here aren't very good.

Thanks for the direction guys, I love boots

I'm looking to spend sub $400, I like the Luchesse but man the ones I like are very pricey lol.

Sub $400 you’ll get quality Ariat, Tony Llama or Justin

Careful I think you can get ejected from Texas for statements like that....

Sorry - lived in Texas for 50 yrs and have never bought a pair of cowboy boots ... you can ask about golf shoes though...

+1 for the Ariat Boots. Wear them for my daily work and couldn't be happier!

For comfort and durability, I go Red Wings.

If I don't have on flip flops or golf shoes, I'm wearing boots. I swap between Justin full quill ostrich Crepe Soles, Ariat smooth quill, Luchesse full quill and a pair of handmade caiman.

I'll be in Ft Worth in a couple weeks and I'm going to go by Cavenders and see what they have, boot stores here aren't very good.

Thanks for the direction guys, I love boots

There is also Justin’s discount in Justin, more boots than any other place also NRS in Decatur and Fosters in Denton. Plenty of places.

Careful I think you can get ejected from Texas for statements like that....

Only if you live anywhere 30 miles outside of Dallas.

Frye Engineers have been daily drivers for a few decades now. I got less time out of the left boot during my motorcycle riding years, but in general they were always good for at least 3 resoles before the leather just started wearing out altogether. 6-8 years a pair probably being resoled every other year or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back