Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

I was also thinking inline with their new line and using the Biohazard symbol. I am pretty big zombie fan and maybe some kind of zombie themed shaft would be cool. Like little biohazard symbols around the top similar to how they do the letters on the Handcrafted ones.

I'm really thinking a navy shaft (or some other blue). With "dr hump" in lowercase letters (since I'm finishing my PhD). Not sure about the font.

If I can get the image specs, we have 2 really good graphic artists at work that I think I can help come up with some kind of circuitry/computer design (since I'm a computer science person).

That's my idea for now.

I'm thinking something along the lines of this. I like the gloss lettering over the matte finish and I have a boring personality so I'd like the shaft to reflect that.

fujikura.625.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to involve my kids initials or names somewhere in my custom shaft design. I'm really digging the yellow base on the HZRDS shafts so may go with that. Definitely fits the yellow in ASU's colors, and though different than the Gold for GT it's close enough. hmm, a white base might work though too. Still having lots of ideas!

I'm thinking I'm going to involve my kids initials or names somewhere in my custom shaft design.

I like that idea a lot Barry.

My flight is 2 weeks from tomorrow. Pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My flight is 2 weeks from tomorrow. Pumped!

Hell. Yes.

I'm so pumped I can't even handle it lol. My brain is still swimming with graphic ideas, but I just can't seem to pin one down. Keep vacillating between a metallic type base or a matte black or white. The matte looks so sweet on this baseline shaft.

I am having the hardest time thinking of the graphics I would like on this.

Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

All else fails, I'll just go with the tried and true trucker girls

trucker20girl.jpg

:alien:

That made me laugh out loud!
The matte black on the test shaft is really sharp!!

So today I got out on my home course for 18. Will post about it later tonight. Got to the course early and hit 30 balls at the range all with the baseline shaft at the end of my range session. Had the setting at neutral loft but was hitting it out right a lot so I went to the draw setting on the course. That definitely turned out to be the right choice. Was hitting the ball solidly at the range but losing it a little right. Changing the settings for the course really helped that out. Here is my impact tape from my 30 drives at the range. Had 2 high toward the heel and one low to the heel but the other 27 were all in the vicinity of the center of the face. This is pretty typical for me. I've definitely adjusted to the little extra length. I am usually around the center of the face with my drives, it's the path that's usually ugly. Anyway, here's my impact tape and I'll post about my round letter.
f6bc32feb91b91a18d4765c1daec03db.jpg

So today I got out on my home course for 18. Will post about it later tonight. Got to the course early and hit 30 balls at the range all with the baseline shaft at the end of my range session. Had the setting at neutral loft but was hitting it out right a lot so I went to the draw setting on the course. That definitely turned out to be the right choice. Was hitting the ball solidly at the range but losing it a little right. Changing the settings for the course really helped that out. Here is my impact tape from my 30 drives at the range. Had 2 high toward the heel and one low to the heel but the other 27 were all in the vicinity of the center of the face. This is pretty typical for me. I've definitely adjusted to the little extra length. I am usually around the center of the face with my drives, it's the path that's usually ugly. Anyway, here's my impact tape and I'll post about my round letter.
f6bc32feb91b91a18d4765c1daec03db.jpg

You may want this post in the feedback journal thread.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Thread-The-HandCrafted-Experience-w-Project-X

Okay PXers...You are now officially on deck!!!

In 9 days I'm getting on a plane! Holy crap!

Hit the driver/shaft every day since Friday, and I'm really starting to get along with it. Will post fuller feedback in the journal thread, but I'm understanding this shaft fairly well now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Still just have general ideas on color/scheme for my shaft. Time to start thinking more about this in the few days before arriving at Project X HQ.

Here is what I'm thinking so far:

White or Yellow or Gold base. (White makes the most sense, though I love the yellow that is being used on some of the new HZRDUS shafts)
Incorporate my kids names or initials
Incorporate the school colors for their two colleges: Georgia Tech (White/Gold/Navy), Arizona State (Maroon/Yellow/White)
Incorporate the initials of the two schools. GT and ASU

Still just have general ideas on color/scheme for my shaft. Time to start thinking more about this in the few days before arriving at Project X HQ.

White or Yellow or Gold base. (White makes the most sense, though I love the yellow that is being used on some of the new HZRDUS shafts)
Incorporate the school colors for their two colleges: Georgia Tech (White/Gold/Navy), Arizona State (Maroon/Yellow/White)

Also the color of Minions.

I'm in the same boat. Here's where I'm at:

Black matte base (similar to test shaft finish)
Incorporate Virginia Tech colors (Maroon/Orange)
Incorporate THP Logo somewhere (probably just the exclamation point to keep it subtle)

Graphically I'm thinking some kind of spiraling lines - straighter towards the grip end, tightening toward the tip. I'm kinda up in the air there right now though. Will we need to have a design hammered down when we get there, or is that part of what they'll help us with?

Are there any restrictions on what you guys can do graphically. Obviously nothing vulgar and cant have trademarks etc but i mean with colors, patterns, shapes and such? Can you guys go all out? Such a unique and cool experience

I'm in the same boat. Here's where I'm at:

Black matte base (similar to test shaft finish)
Incorporate Virginia Tech colors (Maroon/Orange)
Incorporate THP Logo somewhere (probably just the exclamation point to keep it subtle)

Graphically I'm thinking some kind of spiraling lines - straighter towards the grip end, tightening toward the tip. I'm kinda up in the air there right now though. Will we need to have a design hammered down when we get there, or is that part of what they'll help us with?

Maybe you could just put up pictures of Mike and Marcus Vick or puppies and blunts to represent them? :D

Maybe you could just put up pictures of Mike and Marcus Vick or puppies and blunts to represent them? :D

Well that didn't take long. :alien:

michael+vick+_665e20f652324d9196e2da41bb8e42eb.jpg

(THIS IS A JOKE OF COURSE)

JB with the low blow ? Them fighting words

I can't wait for this event! I sent my design idea to DB, never heard back from him. I got some different images I created in Photoshop. I'm just going to bring a USB with the images to SD and hope they're ok.

Back