Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have seen over the last few weeks, the THP Events calendar is full of incredible opportunities and if you missed the full schedule, you can find it here. Adding to that list is a very unique event hitting California called The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X.

[video=youtube;Nt-oU2BT-IA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-oU2BT-IA[/video]

THP Events
How do you get invited? Your 2015 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation to signup. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to signup for this event. If you are not and want to chance, all you have to do is join the club and help support an amazing organization called Folds of Honor. You can do so by clicking here.

#TheHandCraftedExperience
The experience will begin about a month before the event where you will get a shaft sent to you from Project X. This is called your baseline shaft and your job will be to test it out and take some notes for a few weeks about what you like and what you would change.

Once the event begins at Project X Headquarters, there would be a tour and then you will sit down with the experts and design your own shaft. Based on the current feedback as well as the performance notes from your baseline shaft, adjustments to flag sizes, material angles and more would be made. You will get to see torque, frequency, tip deflection change as your design gets adjusted. It might sound overwhelming, but trust me when I say with the team in place, this will be an unforgettable experience.

The next day would begin at Project X Headquarters again as you watch your design get hand rolled and put into the oven. Then its off to graphics. Here you will work on design and color options for your completed project.

That is the HandCrafted Experience and it is going to be EPIC!

Cost
The cost for the event is $229.
This includes:
*Custom Shaft - You will create a 1 of 1 made specifically for you, by you.
*Round of Golf
*Greens Fees
*Range Balls
*SWAG
*Very Special Dinner & Drinks w/ Project X
*Contests
*And More

When & Where
August 20th -21st (this is a Thursday & Friday)
San Diego, CA
Project X Headquarters

Itinerary
Thursday AM - Arrive at Project X HQ for the day.
Breakfast will be there.
Get the tour and then shaft knowledge and creation begins.
Thursday PM - Lunch at their office
Thursday PM - Continue creating shaft.
Thursday Evening - Dinner & Drinks at Ballast Point Miramar Location
Friday AM - Project X HQ - Finish design process of your shaft
Friday PM - Golf at Balboa Golf w/ the Project X staff

balboa-golf.jpg

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. Once the signup is complete, we can coordinate and assist the best options based on location for the events of the week.

Participants
Awkward Silence
Jman
StanTheCaddy
cpljohnst
SkiBumGolfer
chumphries
Spivey

Last edited:
The signup date is in the calendar!

Another CA event West Coast boys! Good to see you guys getting some attention and love. No better place in August than San Diego!

YEESSSSSSSS

Signup is in the ole calendar. Now just to run it by the lady! Awesome!

Also, Ballast Point is AWESOME.

Calendar set, very exciting event

This event is going to be ridiculous

Boom! Calendar event created to make sure I don't miss the sign up.

OK, that's freaking awesome. This is going to be a great event for the lucky 7.

YEESSSSSSSS

Signup is in the ole calendar. Now just to run it by the lady! Awesome!

Also, Ballast Point is AWESOME.

Hmm, how much fantastic beer can I get onto the plane back to the east coast? There's a ponder.

BOOM, on the calendar to signup. Excited to try for this one.

There have been some incredibly creative and unique events, but this one takes the cake. Getting to help build and design your shaft... wow.

I will definitely be putting my name in the ring for this one.

That is saweettt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just hit the home page too.

Oh HELL yes. This is one of those, better to ask forgiveness than permission things for me!

That price is absolutely ridiculous in the best of ways! For what you get, sub $250 is amazing. Awesome opportunity and experience

Oh HELL yes. This is one of those, better to ask forgiveness than permission things for me!

I am seriously thinking about saying doghouse be damned and doing this as well :D

Wow I think I might have to enter this. Missing San Diego already!

That event is going to be ridiculous. Between Don's knowledge of shafts and his history of supporting awful sports teams, it's gotta be a must try for anyone who can take off a couple days during the end of a week.

Just noticed this one might just work as it's the week before my 40th. Hmm talk about excited now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally trying for this one!

It is 100% my plan.

Mine as well.

I'm freaking pumped to see everything on this one. It's going to be off the hook awesome.

I would LOVE to go to this one, going to have to check my schedule and cash flow.

You've certainly cooked up a good one and I'm thrilled that the Project X folks seem so into the event! Very excited about the plans and itinerary and it's certain to be special.

Ponder ponder ponder.....should fit time wise.

Back