Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

Looking forward to what you guys that ordered the Dailies think of them.
Same. I’m really looking for a set of them I think.

callaway wants honest feedback. so i’m going to give some honest feedback about cuater.

i have this belt https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/m...gory&prefv1=TravisMathew&prefv2=Belts&start=1

i bought it a few days before the grandaddy. i wore it throughout the week, and have worn it a few days since the event. the belt is already fraying. i got it on a deep discount, so i’m not disappointed based on my cost. just reporting my experience.

today i wore my legacy shoes for the second time. the first time i wore them at the grandaddy, the skin on the left front of my foot at my ankle wore off and bled badly. it took about 10 days to heal. i wore them today with higher socks and a bandaid on that wound. initially i experienced a lot of discomfort again, but it wasn’t as bad toward the end of the day (an hour of range time, and 27 holes). i chalk it up to needing a fair bit of “wear in” time.

this is just my honest feedback on the cuater products i own.

callaway wants honest feedback. so i’m going to give some honest feedback about cuater.

i have this belt https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/m...gory&prefv1=TravisMathew&prefv2=Belts&start=1

i bought it a few days before the grandaddy. i wore it throughout the week, and have worn it a few days since the event. the belt is already fraying. i got it on a deep discount, so i’m not disappointed based on my cost. just reporting my experience.

today i wore my legacy shoes for the second time. the first time i wore them at the grandaddy, the skin on the left front of my foot at my ankle wore off and bled badly. it took about 10 days to heal. i wore them today with higher socks and a bandaid on that wound. initially i experienced a lot of discomfort again, but it wasn’t as bad toward the end of the day (an hour of range time, and 27 holes). i chalk it up to needing a fair bit of “wear in” time.

this is just my honest feedback on the cuater products i own.

Your ultra soft baby feet probably don’t help the cause.

Finally pulled the trigger on a pair of blue moneymakers.....free 2nd day shipping on them is a nice bonus.

Received my Moneymakers today and I’m really pleased. I take a size 13 and they fit just fine. Really like the Heather Indigo color. Spikeless pattern looks really deep. At a 20% discount, feel like I got a real value. Ordered 2 pairs of the Dailys’ Hope they are just as good.

E181A8B5-5D9E-46E4-BF08-55A7D0FF1C4A.jpeg

I purchased Dailies on the 10th and haven’t heard anything from TM so I gave their CS department a call today. They were slammed by the responses to the assorted sales they offered. They are upgrading everyone who purchased from 12/10 through the 17th (?) to free 2 day air with UPS. People in that purchase window should receive their orders by this Friday.
The shoes did not come on Friday. TM didn't send me a tracking number but after a little hunting I found it on my TM account. UPS tracking says the shoes will arrive Monday. Not going to lie, this has been disappointing. 2 weeks for a pair of shoes to get from San Diego to Portland seems a bit much, even if it is the holiday season. But more than that if a company promises to upgrade your shipping and guarantees they'll be there by a particular day ... they should deliver on that promise. I'm sure the shoes will be great and I'll love them, but I'm off to a rough start.

The shoes did not come on Friday. TM didn't send me a tracking number but after a little hunting I found it on my TM account. UPS tracking says the shoes will arrive Monday. Not going to lie, this has been disappointing. 2 weeks for a pair of shoes to get from San Diego to Portland seems a bit much, even if it is the holiday season. But more than that if a company promises to upgrade your shipping and guarantees they'll be there by a particular day ... they should deliver on that promise. I'm sure the shoes will be great and I'll love them, but I'm off to a rough start.

Yeah that is tough. Did they ship on time and it was the shipper or did they not ship with in a reasonable time?

Yeah that is tough. Did they ship on time and it was the shipper or did they not ship with in a reasonable time?
On Tuesday they said the order status was "picked" or "pulled", which meant something like they were ready to ship. That was a week after purchasing them. They said they were going out the next day with 2 day UPS. Not sure what happened from there. UPS site says they are in Portland, to be delivered by EOD Monday. My guess is I didn't get the 2 day air, that it is still UPS ground. It isn't like I am barefoot without them, just a bit disappointed.

On Tuesday they said the order status was "picked" or "pulled", which meant something like they were ready to ship. That was a week after purchasing them. They said they were going out the next day with 2 day UPS. Not sure what happened from there. UPS site says they are in Portland, to be delivered by EOD Monday. My guess is I didn't get the 2 day air, that it is still UPS ground. It isn't like I am barefoot without them, just a bit disappointed.

Yeah that is rough. I know what you mean. I just went through this with Amazon on a different matter.

I wore the Moneymakers today for my round. They provide great traction and seem to have enough support. They do seem to get dirty or show it quite easily but clean up just as easily with a toothbrush and some warm water.
The only knock I have on them is the shoe rubs on my ankle bone and causes some pain.

I think mixed reviews is a pretty safe assumption right now. They are still on my radar but I’ll wait for more feedback

My pair arrived from TM directly in 2 days, the box/presentation is really nice. Might try and wear them for a few holes today to see how they go.

The moneymakers would definitely be my selection from current releases. Style has a good mix of classic and trendy and the build looks impeccable.

My Daily’s came on Thursday. Purchased one in wool and one in cloth. Seemed to fit fine. Waterproofed them today and I’ll wear them tomorrow to work.

My Daily’s came on Thursday. Purchased one in wool and one in cloth. Seemed to fit fine. Waterproofed them today and I’ll wear them tomorrow to work.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I wore the Moneymakers for 18 today and I continue to be impressed. The comfort is really good and the stability for a spikeless shoe is great.

I’ve had a site right heel for a while and I never felt discomfort. I’m sold and my Puma NXT’s will be a daily wear instead of my golf shoe.

Wore the moneymakers around town while running errands... very comfy. Fit is about right if I wear my normal socks, slightly thicker and they will be too tight.

I bought the wool Daily shoes, grey size 12. My shoes arrived today.

THE GOOD
- they are very nice. My very finicky shoe snob 15 year old son turned, saw them and immediately said “oooh those are really nice.” Like many 15 year olds he isn’t naturally inclined to give his dad compliments
- the shoes DO look nice
- as you can see from the pictures, the packaging is top shelf. The box is a little thicker and heavier than normal. There is extra internal packaging. There are little shoes sized forms where the shoes lay inside the box.

SIZING
My feet measure to just under 12 and are just barely W. I like some room in the toe area. I very often buy size 13s. I virtually cannot wear Nikes.

With people’s Initial feedback on the golf shoes saying there was room, etc, I opted for size 12. Mistake. I was able to get my feet in the shoes - barely - but there was no point in even lacing them up. I’ll send them back and try for 13 or 13w.

I really expect I’ll like the shoes but I have to say the buying experience so far hasn’t been great. 2 weeks to get the shoes, now they don’t fit right, I’ll have another delay while I return these, wait for the exchange to be processed again, etc. Some of that is par for the course when ordering stuff online. But if I’m being honest, if I wasn’t a big TM/Callaway fan I’d probably just get my money back and buy something local that I can try on, etc. But I am a homer so I’ll stick with it.

CFDA3CD3-64C0-42AA-BC03-F728005898CD.jpeg

1B1069CD-744A-4BA8-997D-7476F4DFED9A.jpegC798444D-E471-4B6B-BD31-3CCB6AF45932.jpeg

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Wore my mesh gray Dailys today and was quite please. I worn a mid-weight sock (FJ) and the fit was snug. Shoe is light and very “bouncy”. Not disappointed with my purchase decision.

Wore my mesh gray Dailys today and was quite please. I worn a mid-weight sock (FJ) and the fit was snug. Shoe is light and very “bouncy”. Not disappointed with my purchase decision.
good piece of info adding the sock info. I used a very old pair of Kentwools when I tried my shoes on.

Thanks for getting the picks frank. from my personal experience, Moneymaker size similarly in length to the NXT, but slightly narrower in the toe box. The shoes I have been wearing this year are NXT mostly, some True outsiders, then recently got some True originals. True originals with a thick sock are great for me, Moneymaker with a slightly thinner sock = a luxurious ride for my feet.

The insoles in these are like heaven..... does anyone know if it is the same insole in the daily?

I finally found the golf course again, so I took my moneymakers and hit the links. I’ve put them through 27 holes riding over the last couple of days. The golf was terrible, the shoes are good.

Sizing is about right. At an 11.5 these are snug around the toes width wise, with a little room in the length, but they don’t feel like clown shoes by any means. I’m normally and 11w or 11.5 regular width. (or at least close to that) these are fine. I think they’ll need another couple rounds to fit right, but I do think they’re going to get there.

The styling is really well done. I love the small logos, and the overall look of the shoe is great. They’re definitely sturdy, and they don’t feel like they’re going to fall apart anytime soon.

The grip is terrific, especially for a spikeless shoe. Definitely feels stable and like I’m not going to slide down a damp hill. I did some testing today putting all my weight on one foot and trying to make the shoes lose grip, didn’t move much if at all.

The only downside I’ve got at this point is the insoles. They’re not bad, but they’re not as cushy as I prefer. This isn’t a deal breaker, just an observation. I think over time they’ll break in a bit, but that remains to be seen.

The grip is terrific, especially for a spikeless shoe. Definitely feels stable and like I’m not going to slide down a damp hill. I did some testing today putting all my weight on one foot and trying to make the shoes lose grip, didn’t move much if at all.

This is the craziest thing for me. My Puma's are basically useless when it's wet out. These really provided great stability in wet conditions. Only time I had some slippage was on a uphill lie in the rough and in the sand. But, in both cases, spikes wouldn't have mattered.

The only issue I still need to figure out is the heel of the right shoe. For some reason, it just wants to dig into the back of my ankle.

I was hoping that a trip through the washing machine would loosen that part up but it's still pretty stiff in that area. Almost like that right shoe curves in a bit more than the left one in that area.

I received a set of grey wool Daily's and though I have not worn them yet, I will say they are very impressive out of the box. Clean.

I received a set of grey wool Daily's and though I have not worn them yet, I will say they are very impressive out of the box. Clean.

From the pictures it looks like these have a “normal” height at the ankle, as in they’re not low cut like Sperrys Top Siders. Sperrys look weird with visible socks.
Any concerns like that with the Daily’s?

Back