Cuater Golf Shoes - The Legend

These are really growing on me after wearing the Ringer for a beat. I love the looks of the Legend and if they clean easily, they will be headed my way.

These are really growing on me after wearing the Ringer for a beat. I love the looks of the Legend and if they clean easily, they will be headed my way.

I wore the legends on day 1 at the grandaddy. that was the rainy day, and I caught some "what's-wrong-with-you" looks for that decision. they cleaned up great. and I've worn them to practice and play a handful of times since, they clean great every time.

I wish I had taken pictures of my shoes after our sloppy round that I wore then at in Myrtle. They were pretty brown and I thought for sure I wrecked them.

This is what they looked like after I cleaned them with water and a rag. They cleaned up extremely well. Just a little spot on the tongue and one of the shoe laces.
44B9621F-800F-4661-9664-EE37BABE03A4.jpeg

I wish I had taken pictures of my shoes after our sloppy round that I wore then at in Myrtle. They were pretty brown and I thought for sure I wrecked them.

This is what they looked like after I cleaned them with water and a rag. They cleaned up extremely well. Just a little spot on the tongue and one of the shoe laces.
View attachment 8933283

I mean those look pretty darn good to me

Reactions: KEV
I mean those look pretty darn good to me
I couldn't believe it. I'm being honest when I say walking to my first iron shot my shoes were already brown so there was plenty of time for the mud to soak in throughout the round. And we played 27 holes of cart path only.

I couldn't believe it. I'm being honest when I say walking to my first iron shot my shoes were already brown so there was plenty of time for the mud to soak in throughout the round. And we played 27 holes of cart path only.
God, those look really good for those types of conditions. I think I know the answer, but how is the waterproofing?

I have a strong desire to get these in white and then look like a goofball wearing them in shorts.
I’ll be right there with you looking like a goofball then, because shorts it is here!

View attachment 8933283
That’s effing awesome.

God, those look really good for those types of conditions. I think I know the answer, but how is the waterproofing?
Granted it wasn't raining as we were playing but I stepped in some decent puddles and my socks were as dry as when I started the day.

Granted it wasn't raining as we were playing but I stepped in some decent puddles and my socks were as dry as when I started the day.

when you guys got the presentation/rundown on these, did they tell you if it was a 2 or 1 year waterproofing?

when you guys got the presentation/rundown on these, did they tell you if it was a 2 or 1 year waterproofing?
That will be a question for last year's Grandaddy team, I was on the year before. That's a great question though.

I've been wearing mine around my basement now since around 1130. I brought down three different pair of socks that I would normally play in. One is a thicker pair of Kentwool socks that I'll wear if I feel like a shoe is a little loose. One is a pair of Ashworth socks that fit pretty much in the middle and are super comfortable, and the third is just a basic pair of C9 runners socks that you can get from Target. Those are actually my favorite esp for new shoes because they help keep my heel from rubbing and getting all cut up. But they aren't nearly as thick as the other two.

When I saw that these ran 1/2 size big, I got worried about what type of sock I would need, so I started off with the C9 socks. Guess what, no need to look any further. These shoes tighten up quite a bit with the laces and my foot feels locked in. There is no sliding of heel lift when walking(albeit around the house). But I feel secured like I would in any other structured shoe. To me if they are 1/2 big, they feel less in that area than my Puma Ignite spikeless did, and I used those for two seasons. With that being my first concerned, I am much less worried about it now.

That will be a question for last year's Grandaddy team, I was on the year before. That's a great question though.

lol all these years start to run together. I should have figured as much, there would have been a Night Talk with Kev episode on these.

• Haha
For those asking about the waterproofing, here ya go.

They are held to a two year standard, but being brand new are not currently offering a warranty.

They are held to a two year standard, but being brand new are not currently offering a warranty.

I am sure I am reading this wrong in my head....but they aren't offering a warranty?

Well that is... unique.

I don't recall

That’s a strange, strange policy. Actually quite bad. If they want to inspire confidence and convince people to buy, they need a warranty on something like that. Reassess once they are established in the marketplace.

I gotta say, that’s kinda odd and a little worrisome on my end.

For real though. At this price, that policy kind of freaks me out a bit about my order now.

For real though. At this price, that policy kind of freaks me out a bit about my order now.

Right? I mean these are some $80 new brand shoes you might take a flier on. These are 3x that cost. So odd.

Right? I mean these are some $80 new brand shoes you might take a flier on. These are 3x that cost. So odd.

That's very true. If someone is looking for a waterproof shoe I would think that would be a huge turn off at that price.

That's very true. If someone is looking for a waterproof shoe I would think that would be a huge turn off at that price.
I’m committed. So I’m looking forward to seeing what Dean, you, me, and whoever else has to say long term. But I just assumed when buying there was a guarantee.

I’m committed. So I’m looking forward to seeing what Dean, you, me, and whoever else has to say long term. But I just assumed when buying there was a guarantee.

i'm not sure I can think of a shoe (or pretty much any hard or soft good) from a well-established brand that DOESN'T have a warranty of some kind. that was not the response I expected.

that said, I do have confidence that Callaway's customer service will take care of any issues.

So, I’m most excited about these showing up. For reals. Huge departure for me, but they look SO good.

Back