Cut Golf: Real Feedback Real Changes

Nice write up. I was one that tried these (both the Blue and the Grey) and came away with a "meh" opinion. Glad to hear that they take the feedback seriously and have made advancements. Sounds like I will need to give them another run.

I think one of the best parts is you can literally jump in and buy a sleeve of balls to try right now and not spend much.

Totally agree here.

No doubt @JB. No brainer 🤙

No and honestly have no desire to. Again I fully admit my bias here, but the D2C market is one that just isn't on my golf radar as something to try.
Interesting indeed.

I think I'm going to order a box of 3 just to trial and see how they work out. If they play as well as most of the other 'brand' names but for half the price then it seems to be a fairly straightforward decision.

2 questions
  1. do they have their own factory? I'm assuming not, and they contract with an existing factory (foremost?)
  2. do they use their own proprietary designs?

I have never really tried the DTC balls but would consider them. I am a bit of an instant gratification guy so generally I buy retail. I also don't lose a ton of golf balls usually averaging less than one a round so for the 30 or so rounds of golf I play a year I don't need too many. I would certainly consider trying them though and I don't have a bias against them as long as they are uniquely designed balls not just something with a new label slapped on them.

I was very interested in these last year, but the quality issues turned me off. I would like to try them, but I am very happy with my Q-Star Tour!

This is great that a company listens to their customer and fixes issues.

I've never tried Cut golf balls, and honestly by my own fault. That first release and some of the visual elements there made the brand take a knock in my eyes, and also remembered reading about some of the durability issues. That, in addition to the honest reality of there being an abundance of high quality golf balls in the market, made me subconsciously steer away from the brand.

Seeing how they have taken this feedback to heart, and value THPer opinions, make me rethink this take. I'm fond of companies that look to us for honest feedback, and will likely support them with an upcoming purchase.

When does a person make a change, ok so I should say, when does a person say I'll try something else?
Is it price point? When you buy cheap is it in the back of your mind that your playing a cheap ball and don't see or feel what your looking for?
I often wonder when any sort of caliber player you may be, does a person say "its just a ball who cares".
Forgive my language but do we become a brand wh*re in the comfort of what we know and love?
While the industry evolves and changes, which is good, I find there are just some things that I honestly have no ambition to try or change.

Nice write up. I have been interested in these and vice balls b/c of the price. Just never took the plunge yet. I see that you can purchase a test sleeve from the site. Does anyone know how the yellow ball looks in real life?

Nice write up. I have been interested in these and vice balls b/c of the price. Just never took the plunge yet. I see that you can purchase a test sleeve from the site. Does anyone know how the yellow ball looks in real life?

I personally like their yellow color now. Its bold, without having too much green in it.

This is great that a company listens to their customer and fixes issues.
Totally agree, it’s the hallmark of a company that wants to be the best it can. I dig that.

Another great article, @Jman .

I still haven't tried them, but making a point to do it this season.

I think Cut is the brand that I thought was DTC, but I spotted them in one of the pro shops here. Seems they're not 100% DTC anymore.

I gamed what May have been the second gen on the Grey. I’ve been playing e12 soft for a bit. After reading this in going to pull out some of the greys I have left and give them a go next round. See what I think of them now. I liked them. The softer e12 and dimple pattern drew me to make a switch.

@Jman thanks for the write up and follow up with Cut. I've come across one on a course and played a total of two shots with it before it decided to go for a swim and not come back. I'm really interested in the two piece red and was wondering if you or anyone else has played it or could tell me what other ball is closely compares to. I just stocked up on a bunch of old Calaway Hex Soft's and loved the way they played for me. Once those are gone, I might just have to give these a try.

Nice write up & being that you can buy a sleeve to try seems like a logical way for them to help get them on the course for people that don't want to waste money on a whole box.

I have never had any interest in Cut or Vice or other Direct to Consumer golf balls except for Snell. There are too many unknowns with the quality of the product and customer service that seem to pop up that I would rather stick with a company like Bridgestone or Srixon that I know produces a high quality, consistent product.

Another great article, @Jman .

I still haven't tried them, but making a point to do it this season.
Thank you! Be sure to let us know how it goes when you do!

To be completely honest, I haven't played any of their balls yet, but after reading this I am very intrigued to try the Cut Blue out. 1 dozen for $20 makes shanking one into the woods not as painful
to those interested in trying the Cut Blue I will post a contest for a free dozen, or maybe better yet for 6 and I Can send em to 2 people.

to those interested in trying the Cut Blue I will post a contest for a free dozen, or maybe better yet for 6 and I Can send em to 2 people.

Nice write up @Jman Now I understand what your feedback comment was about! LOL To be honest I never really paid attention to CUT before. It wasn’t until recently I started looking into them. Well I invested a whopping $20 for a dozen 4pc Urethane Cut Blue and just shot the best round of my life with them!

Last edited:
Nice write up @Jman Now I understand what your feedback comment was about! LOL To be honest I never really paid attention to CUT before. It wasn’t until recently I started looking into them. Well I invested a whopping $20 for a dozen 4pc Urethane Cut Blue and just shot the best round of my life with them!
Always a rhyme to my reason my friend ;)

Back