Cutting down shaft length on driver

I choked up for a couple rounds before having the shaft cut down. Now I always have my driver length made to 45 inches as the most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If you already choke up then if you cut will the effective swing weight be the same?

My current driver length is at 44" and had one of the better days driving the ball in a long time this past weekend. Only lost one ball OB with the driver and most of my balls weren't far off the fairway when I did miss.

So I'm looking at a new driver at the moment and my best fit is the x2 hot which has a stock shaft of 46, and I'm only 5 8 tall. So should I expect callaway to deliver me a bespoke fit? And how would I be able to see if cutting the shaft down would help? The fitter certainly won't have diff ones for me to try...
thanks
steve

Cut mine down as well, love it and won't play another over 44.75.

I recently did this to a Ping G25, they come stock at 45.75". I played about 3 full rounds over different days choking down about an inch and loved it so I cut 3/4" off making it 45". I hit fairways like crazy with it plus gained a good 10 yards in distance comparing to well struck shots before, I gained more than 10 yards overall because I could put the ball closer to where it needed to be on the drive.

I will never own another driver over 44.5".

I cut mine down to 44.5" and will never go back.

It's amazing what can happen when you hit the ball off the middle of the face!

44" with my new i25 and my old Anser was at 44.5".

Just had my R1 cut down to 45 from 45.5. Will try that out this season.

In regards to trimming it.

Do you guys do it yourself or have a professional do the work?

It's funny my Covert is the factory 45.5" and I actually really like it at that length.
I would suggest just gripping down a 1/2" if you want to test out a new length before actually cutting it.

Yeah, I'm cutting my BBA down from 45.5" down to 44.75". Oh man. I choked down over an inch last night hitting balls and the results were staggering. Yes!

Interesting topic. I've thought about cutting my R1 down as well. It's not so much a weight issue or a SS Issue with me but definitely feel like my posture would benefit. I feel like the length makes it difficult to get the shaft pointed at my belt...it tends to be more upright. I catch a lot of ball low on The face too. I think that has to do with posture and the club length as well.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hit the ground first with longer drivers? Happening to me with my new driver.

I like this thread, I've been cutting drivers for a long time and mixed results, I usually do it the wrong way by cutting to much our of them.

I purchased a new 913 D2 last week, stock 45 inch adila stiff shaft. Now, the head has a default 9g weight, I purchases the 14g weight today, how much could I cut the shaft?

Anyone hit the ground first with longer drivers? Happening to me with my new driver.
The only driver that I have ever had that problem with is the Cobra Long Tom. It comes stock with a 48 inch shaft. I messed around on the range with one a little bit last summer and if I didnt flatten out my swing it would hit the ground 6 inches behind the ball.

CUT IT! I've gone to 44.5" and never looked back. It made a huge difference for me.

Most tour players play a shorter shaft on their driver. I believe I read somewhere the average is 44.5". The covert driver that Tiger is using comes stock at 45.50". Tiger's is at 45" even.

Took a half inch off of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most tour players play a shorter shaft on their driver. I believe I read somewhere the average is 44.5". The covert driver that Tiger is using comes stock at 45.50". Tiger's is at 45" even.

I think 45 is a good number. Too much shorter and I feel like I am automatically getting steep into the ball. Too much longer and I feel like it's pretty tough to get the head back to the ball before impact.

I recently took my RBZ down to 45" and my sweet spot efficiency has increased and even my swing speed is faster (not expected at all).

Sorry for the thread bump. I am cutting my driver and woods about one inch. Is there any other way to add swingweight back besides putting leadtape on the head? Tape just doesnt seem to work on the sole of woods or am I off on this?

Back