Are you looking at a road bike with 700c wheels?

Umm I don't know really just venturing into this whole road bike thing.

I know next to nothing about road bike set ups except what components are better vs not so good. I want to be able to ride and kill calories and increase my overall physical shape/endurance. I looked at several new bikes just don't want to drop 1200 on my first bike or by new on something cheaper I'll replace in a yr or two.

The terrain here is fairly flat with some small hills but nothing too long or too steep.

Thanks for all your help

Standard road bikes come with 700c wheels.

You're going to want to look for a 56cm frame. With the height, that's the size that will fit you best.

Thanks for all the help with my stupid questions.

I only got to sit on the trainer with both of them but the more aggressive position on the allez was significantly more comfortable and the guy I bought the bike from is also a big fella and he rides the se bike with the s works frame set .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Allez and have found it to be very comfortable.

I like my Allez and have found it to be very comfortable.

I've had a number of them, and have always enjoyed the Allez

Definitely doesn't beat my Venge or Tarmac, but the Allez does give a nice stiff ride.

Definitely doesn't beat my Venge or Tarmac, but the Allez does give a nice stiff ride.

Agreed. I'm more of a mountain biker, so for me entry level is good. I'd buy another without pause.

Rode a Venge and really wasnt impressed at all.

The Tarmac however, oh how I wish I could afford one and justify it.

Agreed. I'm more of a mountain biker, so for me entry level is good. I'd buy another without pause.

Nice! Love me some trail bikes too! What are you riding off road?

Rode a Venge and really wasnt impressed at all.

The Tarmac however, oh how I wish I could afford one and justify it.

Venge is the Ultimate Florida bike, dude. It doesn't climb or descend well, but in the flats it holds it speed and can't be beat in sprints.

'12 superfly al. I got it for an x-cal price. I don't ride it enough, but I like it a lot too.

Superfly is a nice one.

My two main trail bikes currently are the Cannondale Trigger Team 27.5" and the SWorks Enduro 27.5"

I'm addicted to racing off road now.

Makes perfect sense.

Yeah dude.

If I need to climb/descend I'm on a Tarmac or Allez. Long distance? Roubaix. Florida riding in the flats, Venge is untouchable.

Specialized has a solid lineup of bikes.

My next bike will be a Diverge. Check it out.

What exactly is considered long distance this day in age in cycling ?

Depends on the person and where they are.

Our Sunday rides are our distance days, and we go between 80-115 miles.

Anything under 30 miles is a short ride.

Cycling

Superfly is a nice one.

My two main trail bikes currently are the Cannondale Trigger Team 27.5" and the SWorks Enduro 27.5"

I'm addicted to racing off road now.

I'd like to get a 27.5 full, but I'd probably have to sell at least 2 other bikes to stay married. I don't race, crash too much if I race. I've slowed down On the trail since I started golfing. It's hard to swing with a broken collarbone.

Honestly, biking has become a winter sport for me.

Cycling

It depends on the person. I'd say 4 hours is a long ride for me. Mileage varies based on whether its pavement, gravel, or single track. I want to do some bike packing this summer, where I ride all weekend or longer.

First tailwind ride on Wednesday should be interesting. I'm so out of shape.

First tailwind ride on Wednesday should be interesting. I'm so out of shape.

Have you been in the bike yet?

No I get fit Tuesday haha.

Good news is the first couple weeks they take it easy. I've been on my god awful stationary bike for a week or so though.

Getting a full BG Fit?

Ill have to ask. I know he has a program on his ipad and measures all kinds of body angles.

Probably the BG fit system. It's good stuff. Works well

Back