CONTEST Day 5: 2019 THP Holiday Cheer - Pre Release Irons

Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a brand new set of irons that has not even hit stores yet.

View attachment 8918824

The Prize
Earlier this week, we previewed the new Wilson Staff Launch Pad Hybrid Irons. Want to learn more about them? Click here to read our preview on the home page. They hit stores soon, but right now you could win a set in Holiday Cheer.

How to Enter
Like all of our Holiday Cheer contests, entering is super easy. Follow these 3 steps.

1. Post in this thread, your current set of irons that you play?
2. In the same post, tell us what you like about Launch Pad irons?
3. Sit back and enjoy the THP Forum

That is it. We will announce the winner in a few days and someone will have a fun set of hybrid irons headed their way.
1. Calloway Apex Irons
2. I like the look and profile of the Launch Pad irons
3. Back to the THP Forum:D

Taylormade 750 770 combo. very much a low ball hitter and getting some altitude would be key

I currently play Bridgestone J15Cb irons. I do like the look of these irons and the ability to launch. I'm looking for more distance

I was fortunate to recently win a set of W/S C300 forged irons from THP. I haven't gamed them yet due to NJ weather, so I guess my current set is my G25's.

The W/S C300 forged irons are absolutely gorgeous, but will they allow this 72 year old, arthritic golfer the ability to launch high, long and forgiving shots from the fairway? Probably not as much as these hybrid/irons from Wilson.

Good luck to all, and thanks to THP for another great prize.

I currently play the big Bertha irons.
I’d like these irons bc I tend to hit my current irons fat and thin. The reviews say these new irons will reduce the fat shots by 73%, holy crap! Maybe my handicap will go down!!!

I am currently hitting Taylor Made bubble shaft irons (1995) so in due for a new set. I'm 56 years old and getting the ball high into the air would be great. Thank you for the oppertunity to win this set of clubs.

I currently play 19 year old Callaway Steelhead X-14s, but play Wilson woods (not quite as old but almost). I think the new Wilson clubs would be awesome. Bring me into this decade, and the next one.

I currently play the Wilson Staff C200 irons. Now being a couple generations old, I am looking at something newer to switch to this season. Probably the longest tenured iron I have had in my bag..... with a close second being the Cleveland Altitudes.

My mishit, is what I like to call a "Chunky Monkey". That shot you hit so fat it is funny. Anything that can help me avoid that is A1 in my books. Really really enjoyed the Altitudes when I had them, and while others might be turned off by the more "ample" head side of the Launch Pad irons, I say bring it on.
I want an iron in the bag that inspires confidence, and lets me swing away. I feel like the Launch Pad irons fit the bill.

I currently play Ping G irons.

I like the wide sole and the forgiveness they give with the Wilson Launchpads. I'm looking into replacing my 4 iron with something easier to hit and I think these would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Playing Cobra S3 irons
I want to keep things SIMPLE!
S-straight
I-improve the Index
m-middle (of the fairway)
P-power/length
L-lower scores
E-elevated launch

My current set of irons are top flight. I like the design and finish of the LP irons. Would love to have a set in my bag!

Currently playing a set of 2nd hand TM M4s, hitting a lot of fat shots :(. I reckon with a set of these Launch Pads in my bag, I reckon the extra launch and forgiveness will help drop a few digits on my high handicap.

1- Apex CF19’s

2- The Name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoever wins this set is going to have some fun!

I currently play g700 by ping
the new wilson irons after reviewing them would give ease and forgiveness with getting solid strokes out of the irons due to this cavity extended to give a more hybrid like feel address looks like it's more consistent with normal irons so looks are not overwhelming at address.

good luck all

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Currently play Callaway Sreelheads. Like the forgiveness I could get from these new launch pad irons.

Day 5 of THP Holiday Cheer coming through with a set of irons that aren't even available to buy yet! How good is that? Bravo THP, that's how good!!

I currently game Cleveland Launcher HBs and have found they install a lot of confidence in my iron game - especially in the long irons. I never used to carry a 4-iron but that club in the Cleveland set is silky smooth to hit. And this is coming from someone that has struggled in the past with hybrids, lol.

The new W/S Launch Pad irons look to be a progression in this style of iron. I like that there are now several choices in this space. I know that Cleveland is updating their line up as well, but seeing the new Launch Pad family of clubs from W/S makes me consider these as the next possible set for my bag.

Playing Ping i200... Launch pad looks great from increasing launch and reducing digging

Callaway Apex ‘19 Combo.
I think these would be very easy to hit and be more forgiving than most sets.

Today we are continuing the 2019 THP Holiday Cheer Event, the annual contest that is the celebration of the THP online community. Ten years ago, we hosted our first Holiday Cheer, and it was a contest unlike any other and this year the week long event continues with amazing prizes.

2019 THP Holiday Cheer will continue to run for the entire week with a new prize every single day. Today is a brand new set of irons that has not even hit stores yet.

View attachment 8918824

The Prize
Earlier this week, we previewed the new Wilson Staff Launch Pad Hybrid Irons. Want to learn more about them? Click here to read our preview on the home page. They hit stores soon, but right now you could win a set in Holiday Cheer.

How to Enter
Like all of our Holiday Cheer contests, entering is super easy. Follow these 3 steps.

1. Post in this thread, your current set of irons that you play?
2. In the same post, tell us what you like about Launch Pad irons?
3. Sit back and enjoy the THP Forum

That is it. We will announce the winner in a few days and someone will have a fun set of hybrid irons headed their way.

I play Cleveland Launcher HB irons

My home course is Royal County Down, in Northern Ireland. A superb, but tough, links course. With such a firm surface, I think that the new Wilson Launchpad irons would be ideal - would be most interested to test them.

I play a old set of ping with graphite shafts. I like the look of the irons.

I play TM Aeroburners currently. 2014 models.
I read on the launch pad iron hybrids and I feel like they’re going to be some game changers! Better scores ahead!

Back