DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to but I won't be in town this weekend, and I need Monday to catch up at work.
You'll need Monday to come down off your Fricking High!! :D

On another note, went outside at lunch, and it is simply spectacular out, maybe the best day for golf in a very long time. I have to keep some of my sick days for possible interviews, otherwise i would have burned one today or tomorrow.

You'll need Monday to come down off your Fricking High!! :D

On another note, went outside at lunch, and it is simply spectacular out, maybe the best day for golf in a very long time. I have to keep some of my sick days for possible interviews, otherwise i would have burned one today or tomorrow.
That's why I am playing hooky tomorrow afternoon! Too fabulous out to be in the office.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like I will have two days off next week. One day will be a golf day.

We're a go for the 25th

Outstanding, really looking forward to it!!!

One of my senior golf associations (MISGA) has an outing at Sparrows Point on Thursday. As such we use the senior tees, so I don't need to clear the water on 18. But what's really nice is that Sparrows always puts out a good lunch spread.

Our tee times are

10:03
10:12
10:21
10:30

He's going to see if we can get a reduced rate.

I will be putting the groups together. If you have a request let me know.

One of my senior golf associations (MISGA) has an outing at Sparrows Point on Thursday. As such we use the senior tees, so I don't need to clear the water on 18. But what's really nice is that Sparrows always puts out a good lunch spread.

My old stomping grounds - grew up within 5 minutes of that place. My son played there a couple times for Patapsco's golf team. He graduated, but practiced with them this summer - said the course was o.k, but not in great shape. He, my oldest son & my best friend still live near there, so I pass it often. To be honest, I hardly ever see anyone playing there? I think eventually they are going to have to open it up to the public.

October 25th, Whiskey Creek.

Tadashi
T2GRN18
LeeB
CAA_Beat
EMART
G$$$
Molten
UVAWahoo
JohnSinVA
TroutBum
MizunoFan
Bigball
Motoo
MDGOLFHACKER

Let me know who em else wants in. We may change courses, but I'll let you know.

Edit: I'll keep this updated, and quote when necessary.

Current rate is $105, I will call and see what they can do for a group rate. No promises

Tee times

Likely going out as two foursomes and two threesomes. Threesomes may get a single added in by the course.

If you have a request let me know ASAP.

Bump it up

Our tee times are

Just don't put me in the same cart as a Crows fan. :tongue:

I see you BIGBALL! :alien2:

Our tee times are

Looking good. This is going to be great. Just told the boss the tee times. I got final approval with the usual condition.

I have to stop and pick up a carry out dinner on the way home. Easy Peazy!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Looking good. This is going to be great. Just told the boss the tee times. I got final approval with the usual condition.

I have to stop and pick up a carry out dinner on the way home. Easy Peazy!!

She is always welcome to meet up with us for an after round late lunch. It would be great to see her again

She is always welcome to meet up with us for an after round late lunch. It would be great to see her again
I know she appreciates that, considering the last time you saw her was in a hospital dining room....LOL!!

But on Sundays, she doesn't get out of her PJ's and cant' tear herself away from In The Heat of The Night and Law And Order Marathons :D She knows I'll be having a late lunch, thus the carry out that can be heated up later that evening.

I know she appreciates that, considering the last time you saw her was in a hospital dining room....LOL!!

But on Sundays, she doesn't get out of her PJ's and cant' tear herself away from In The Heat of The Night and Law And Order Marathons :D She knows I'll be having a late lunch, thus the carry out that can be heated up later that evening.

I don't know if you remember, several years ago, we suggested that we have a get together with our wives and significant others. We apparently put fear in the minds of our golfing buds at the time. They were afraid of what may result if our wives and significant others started communicating with each other.

I don't know if you remember, several years ago, we suggested that we have a get together with our wives and significant others. We apparently put fear in the minds of our golfing buds at the time. They were afraid of what may result if our wives and significant others started communicating with each other.

the how much did spend on golf stuff thread was enough to do that in this household, not that this year was any better.

meanwhile I am looking forward to this outing. Will be a perfect time for me with schoolwork and regular work.

the how much did spend on golf stuff thread was enough to do that in this household, not that this year was any better.

meanwhile I am looking forward to this outing. Will be a perfect time for me with schoolwork and regular work.

I have a lesson scheduled with Mark next week. If again, he asks me to define my goals, I'm going to tell him I want to be able to play like emart.

I'm looking forward to playing Whiskey Creek as well. Not only because of the company but I've never been there before. How friendly is it to seniors.

I have a lesson scheduled with Mark next week. If again, he asks me to define my goals, I'm going to tell him I want to be able to play like emart.

I'm looking forward to playing Whiskey Creek as well. Not only because of the company but I've never been there before. How friendly is it to seniors.
You'll love WC. It's fairways are a very nice place to be. Without looking at the scorecard. You will have no problem playing the regular or senior tees.

Crest. .. you should recognize this hole

uploadfromtaptalk1444236605839.jpg

UVAW...I just looked at the scorecard, I'll may do Blue the front nine and white the back. The front nine Blue is 3141 and only two par 4's over 360 yards, (383 and 371)...the front whites are 2834 The Back blues are 3389 and have several par 4's over 400 and the par 3's are 171 and 190. While the back nine whites are 3145...those same long par 4's all play around 385, but the par 3's are manageable 141 and 166.

As always, everyone should play whatever tees they are comfortable with, it'll all be good fun.

UVAW...I just looked at the scorecard, I'll may do Blue the front nine and white the back. The front nine Blue is 3141 and only two par 4's over 360 yards, (383 and 371)...the front whites are 2834 The Back blues are 3389 and have several par 4's over 400 and the par 3's are 171 and 190. While the back nine whites are 3145...those same long par 4's all play around 385, but the par 3's are manageable 141 and 166.

As always, everyone should play whatever tees they are comfortable with, it'll all be good fun.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Regardless of hole length, my concern would be forced carries. Are there any at Whiskey Creek. If thihgs get to bad, I'll just drink from the creek.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Regardless of hole length, my concern would be forced carries. Are there any at Whiskey Creek. If thihgs get to bad, I'll just drink from the creek.
They don't call it Whiskey Creek for nuthin!

9c1dd65656b732fbf359be66eb7b502b.jpg

#13 par 5 tee shot

Not too many forced carries.. but that biotch #12 can be a doozy! Regarding tees - I play from the whites. I know the front nine looks short, but I think some of the holes play longer, and the way some of the greens are protected, you will need to have shorter clubs in.

Not too many forced carries.. but that biotch #12 can be a doozy! Regarding tees - I play from the whites. I know the front nine looks short, but I think some of the holes play longer, and the way some of the greens are protected, you will need to have shorter clubs in.

That kind of intel is good to know. Like I said, I have never played it. Accordingly, I accept that typically when one is playing a course for the first time, its not going to be one's best round. When you say that the greens are protected, do you mean sand bunkers? Now you are frightening me. Perhaps, I should concentrate on bunker shots at my lesson nest week.

If there is going to be a white tee group, perhaps its best that I be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back