DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of intel is good to know. Like I said, I have never played it. Accordingly, I accept that typically when one is playing a course for the first time, its not going to be one's best rounds. When you say that the greens are protected, do you mean sand bunkers? Now you are frightening me. Perhaps, I should concentrate on bunker shots at my lesson nest week.

The gamesmanship has started a bit early, hasn't it? :D

BigBall is right about not too many forced carries and about No 12...damn that hole...Also the par 3 11 is all carry, but only abut 140 yards or so.

the 2nd or 3rd shot on the par 5 18 can be a long carry if you try to go over the water, but there is also a fairway to the left. I suppose they intend for people to use that...:banana:

The gamesmanship has started a bit early, hasn't it? :D
Has anyone ever seen UVAWahoo and Lou Holtz at the same time...I'm thinking they are one in the same :D

Has anyone ever seen UVAWahoo and Lou Holtz at the same time...I'm thinking they are one in the same :D

LOL!! Now honestly, you've seen me in sand bunkers. We both know that if you had recorded it, we could have split the prize from "The World's Funniest Videos".

I have a lesson scheduled with Mark next week. If again, he asks me to define my goals, I'm going to tell him I want to be able to play like emart.

I'm looking forward to playing Whiskey Creek as well. Not only because of the company but I've never been there before. How friendly is it to seniors.

After he saw my swing last week he might put you in a different direction. I'm happy he was at the range and got me fixed quickly until the issue showed up yesterday but his info from last week got me fixed again.

your goals should be easy. You already find every fairway, your putter is solid. Maybe work on approach game and scoring

I just submitted my resume for a position at Quantico. If I get the job, I will be playing a lot more golf with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Love Whiskey Creek, made honorable mention for top rounds of the year for me.

A look from the top of the gorgeous finishing hole:

nItg4Uul.jpg

Love Whiskey Creek, made honorable mention for top rounds of the year for me.

A look from the top of the gorgeous finishing hole:

nItg4Uul.jpg
Great picture.

Yes wahoo is that is the remains of a whisky distilling house. No there isn't whisky served as you go by.

You have to wait another 15 minute until your in the wonderful bar.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

October 25th, Whiskey Creek.

Tadashi
T2GRN18
LeeB
CAA_Beat
EMART
G$$$
Molten
UVAWahoo
JohnSinVA
TroutBum
MizunoFan
Bigball
Motoo
MDGOLFHACKER

Let me know who em else wants in. We may change courses, but I'll let you know.

Edit: I'll keep this updated, and quote when necessary.

Current rate is $105, I will call and see what they can do for a group rate. No promises

Tee times

10:03
Tadashi
CAA_Beat
Mizunofan
LeeB

10:12
Troutbum
EMART
UVAWahoo
Motoo

10:21
Molten
G$$$
MDGolfHacker

10:30
T2GRN18
JohnsinVA
BIGBALL

Likely going out as two foursomes and two threesomes. Threesomes may get a single added in by the course.

If you have a request let me know ASAP.

Bump with Groupings

Bump with Groupings
Love seeing groupings. I'm ready for some panda time.

Thanks for doing all the work Kevin.

Last year we went down to Dogfish head in Gaithersburg for a bite to eat, and a beer. Do we want to head back there again this year?

Last year we went down to Dogfish head in Gaithersburg for a bite to eat, and a beer. Do we want to head back there again this year?
Sounds good to me. Never been there and out of town guests might enjoy thst more then a clubhouse beer

Best Round of the Year so far! Pohick Bay
Par 72
5 birdies .... 3 bogeys
6/14 fairways
13/18 girl
29 putts
uploadfromtaptalk1444253596648.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's awesome man! Congrats on a solid score

That's awesome man! Congrats on a solid score
Thanks! Told you ... I grew up on playing that course. I know every blade of grass there.
That's with hitting a ball out of bounds, 3 putt and only birdies on 1/4 par 5's .. oh and 2 lip outs. So it could have been an even better round.

I want to hear more about the 13 girls you hit :banana:

Thanks! Told you ... I grew up on playing that course. I know every blade of grass there.
That's with hitting a ball out of bounds, 3 putt and only birdies on 1/4 par 5's .. oh and 2 lip outs. So it could have been an even better round.

Yeah I love the lay out especially on the front 9. The back 9 has always given me fits haha

I want to hear more about the 13 girls you hit :banana:
I knew you would see that and I would get a comment! LOL

Best Round of the Year so far! Pohick Bay
Par 72
5 birdies .... 3 bogeys
6/14 fairways
13/18 girl
29 putts
View attachment 22137

Great round Chris. Now about those girls. Ha

I've never played there but when I lived in VA, one of my regular golf buddies played it all the time and loved it.

Great round Chris. Now about those girls. Ha

I've never played there but when I lived in VA, one of my regular golf buddies played it all the time and loved it.
Yeah my father and I played there religiously every Sunday morning for years. Way before they cleared out a lot of the trees like it is now. People used to hate playing it because it was so tight and you could never find your balls that went astray. Back then I used to walk all the time and you had to be a Billy goat to walk there. Plus I would find 2 dozen or more balls every round

I just submitted my resume for a position at Quantico. If I get the job, I will be playing a lot more golf with you guys.

I see how it is. :D

I see how it is. :D

You've got to go where the work is. I've been wanting to move home for a while, but the timing wasn't right. I'm also in a weird situation at my current job. I absolutely love my job, but there's absolutely no promotion potential. I can only move laterally and I've been there for 7 years and while it's nice to have the job security, I'm getting bored.

I love it when Carolina guys go at each other in the Maryland/Virginia thread. :D

And neither are real Carolinians. I'm simply a displaced Virginian for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back