DC MD VA Area Chat

How busy was it? Never tried it on a weekend.

Glad it worked out well for you. Yes, their greens are quite true. I hope to get back out there myself once or twice this season. Surprisingly, it's about 50 minutes for me, too, coming from Frederick/Urbana.

Just curious, did the island green hole on the back (13?) play to distance for you? Seems I've always been a little short, even with solid contact and good swings, on the few times I've played there. My playing partners too. I've never been wet though....yet. But, I can't say the same for my partners ;).

How about the 3rd. What'd you hit off the tee? I learned my lesson after the first time I played it. 4i utility or hybrid is my go-to play there now.
#13 was a good hole. I hit 9 iron from the blue tees (which I've never seen the back tees be Red? :unsure: Red has always been the ladies tee. I guess I'm old school) just short of pin high. The pin was in the back left on the upper tier. I played it to the middle, which was about 140 yards. It seemed to be true to the yardage. But my playing partners didn't think so. 2 out of 3 were in the drink. :ROFLMAO:
#3 .... I hit the stinger 2-iron, choked down a bit, swing easy for control. Perfect middle of the fairway, just over the flat area. Had an iffy downhill lie but it was only a wedge in. Definitely a tight driving hole for sure. 2 of my guys went left in the trees, one all the way into the hole parallel to us, while the other was right :rolleyes:
It's a fun course. Challenging but fair. I liked the wide fairways. For some reason I was hitting the driver well that day too. Of course, on a course where I can get away with a wayward drive or two, I stripe it all day. If I was playing a tighter course, with trees or trouble everywhere, I would be hitting every tree on both sides of each fairway :LOL:

I'm wondering if anyone on here might have some course pictures of Creighton Farms out in Loudoun County?

Has anyone been taking advantage of the unusually warm weather? It’s looking to be dry and 63 on Sunday.

I have been working 6-7 days a week since the beginning of November. That has kept me from doing much of anything. The days I do seem to have time just are so overcast and dreary looking I don’t even want to go. I should be getting some more free time soon though so hopefully we can hold out a couple good days over the next few weeks.

Definitely took advantage of the nice weather and played the other day. The weather has been great, but I don't think it will hang around much longer.

Definitely took advantage of the nice weather and played the other day. The weather has been great, but I don't think it will hang around much longer.
It’s bound to be bad as soon as those 225s ship out in the next two weeks haha

I didn’t think it would hang around this late in the season so this has all been bonus golf for me. I think I’ve been out 3 times in December. Thats kind of crazy.

8CACF788-B657-4EDD-BA50-E4AA0845EE59.jpeg
Thought this was pretty cool. #2 at my home course was selected as one of the great golf holes in VA this year.

Hello from RVA!

The weather’s looking better this week. Anyone getting out for a round?

Probably play Sin today and chipping practice here at home then Friday and Saturday on the local course since it is so nice.

I just read my email for my Saturday tee time. It looks like I’m playing the back 9 at Fairway Hills in Columbia twice. Sounds like a good way to test out strategy or do some on course ball testing. Lemonade out of lemons.

I just read my email for my Saturday tee time. It looks like I’m playing the back 9 at Fairway Hills in Columbia twice. Sounds like a good way to test out strategy or do some on course ball testing. Lemonade out of lemons.
Good luck out there and enjoy. Something about that course....not sure they could pay me to play it again.

Good luck out there and enjoy. Something about that course....not sure they could pay me to play it again.
I’ve only played it once but it was fun from what I remember. Some of the more recent reviews said there were issues with the greens. That’s probably why the front 9 is closed with construction going on. It was a last minute tee time so beggars can’t be choosers.

I am! finally get to take the new sticks out tomorrow.

Good or bad, I'm just happy to have warm weather golf in Feb.
We need to find a weekend in the near future to meet up and play!!!

I'm planning on hitting some range balls and later hitting a muni course on Saturday.

Finally got a round in at Belmont Saturday with the weather turning around. Rusty as heck though.

Didn’t realize this thread existed lol I’ll be moving to the DMV area (potentially Arlington) in may for grad school

Didn’t realize this thread existed lol I’ll be moving to the DMV area (potentially Arlington) in may for grad school
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Has anyone been taking advantage of the unusually warm weather? It’s looking to be dry and 63 on Sunday.

I was thinking about it...might book something as a single this Sat since I have some time.

My gf is in Arlington and I live 15 mins away, howdy!

Haven't popped in here yet. Im in NOVA Leesburg area. Been around the forum a while but havent been active in a while. Hoping to get a lot of golf in this year.

I’m in Springfield. Looking forward to the season this year. Hope we can play perhaps even a gathering of NoVa/DC/Md

I’m in Springfield. Looking forward to the season this year. Hope we can play perhaps even a gathering of NoVa/DC/Md

Yeah lots of courses to choose from. A big outing would be awesome

Back