DC MD VA Area Chat

Joined Dominion Club yesterday. If anyone is looking to get in, they have an INCREDIBLE discount on the initiation fee right now.
My work buddy just moved into Wyndham and joined as well. Looking forward to playing there. He also joined the men's association at hunting hawk. League play starts Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maryland and PA courses are closed, so I know if I wanted to get out and golf I would be coming down to Virginia. I am sure that is contributing to the crowds at your courses in VA.
Yeah there were a lot of MD plates at the course I was at. And that was way out in the Shenandoah Valley o_O So some MD golfers really went out of their way to play. I can't blame them, it was a beautiful day out

Hunting Hawk had 200 players on the tee sheet on Friday and Saturday. That's with top dressed greens and pool noodles in the holes. Cabin fever.

You got insomnia? Me too 😂

Yeah there were a lot of MD plates at the course I was at. And that was way out in the Shenandoah Valley o_O So some MD golfers really went out of their way to play. I can't blame them, it was a beautiful day out

It’s only a little over an hour to get there from Fredneck. If WV weren’t on full lockdown that would be another option.

Looks like golf is still an option in VA for now...

Ralph is a player!

Joined Dominion Club yesterday. If anyone is looking to get in, they have an INCREDIBLE discount on the initiation fee right now.
I've never played the dominion club, how is it? The Federal club is right up the road for me but way too expensive for me to consider right now.

Did you play with the crowds yesterday?
We went out early and the first nine was lightning fast.. The next 9 was painful.

I've never played the dominion club, how is it? The Federal club is right up the road for me but way too expensive for me to consider right now.

I like it a LOT. Requires shot placement unless you’re a BIG hitter. I get them out there 280-290 most times, but I don’t try to cut a lot of the corners. OB is tight on most holes. I can’t wait to play it when it’s firm and fast. I’d imagine a poorly placed risk/reward shot will roll into trouble pretty easily.

I was a member at Stonehenge for a little over a year. TDC blows it out of the water in every way, shape and form. It feels like a true country club. I’ve yet to come across anyone that makes it feel “country club stuffy”, however.

I like it a LOT. Requires shot placement unless you’re a BIG hitter. I get them out there 280-290 most times, but I don’t try to cut a lot of the corners. OB is tight on most holes. I can’t wait to play it when it’s firm and fast. I’d imagine a poorly placed risk/reward shot will roll into trouble pretty easily.

I was a member at Stonehenge for a little over a year. TDC blows it out of the water in every way, shape and form. It feels like a true country club. I’ve yet to come across anyone that makes it feel “country club stuffy”, however.
Sounds like a good club.. I will have to check it out!

TDC Must have changed the "stuffy" feel cause I remember playing there with a buddy that used to be a member and if I could have hand picked a stuck up "country club", it was definitely Dominion. I remember comments being made about it being "ridiculous to let people under 35 join in multiples".

TDC Must have changed the "stuffy" feel cause I remember playing there with a buddy that used to be a member and if I could have hand picked a stuck up "country club", it was definitely Dominion. I remember comments being made about it being "ridiculous to let people under 35 join in multiples".
Maybe they figured out that not replacing old people with young people will eventually lead to their demise.

Has anyone played the Federal Club or the Foundry? Both are incredible!

Has anyone played the Federal Club or the Foundry? Both are incredible!
FC is my favorite club in the area. I actually like it more than Kinloch. A few members play in our men's association.

I’ve played Foundry a couple times. A friend of a friend is the pro there. Nothing like Santa brunch and then 18 when it’s 35 and cloudy.
It's a cool layout and the one time I played it I really enjoyed the layout and condition of the course!

FC is my favorite club in the area. I actually like it more than Kinloch. A few members play in our men's association.

This is the best looking course in the area for me (of those that I've played). I really like everything about it except the price of membership! 🤣

Played VB National today...It's busy. It's wet. Playing Heron Ridge Thu and Federal next Thu.

What's wrong with this crew?? Only 5 pages in this thread?? Wake up people! You can still golf in VA in case you forgot.

8:52 tee time at Shenandoah Valley on Saturday if anyone is interested. Looks to be the better day on the weekend.

I need some golf, but it will have to wait about 10 days until after finals

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with this crew?? Only 5 pages in this thread?? Wake up people! You can still golf in VA in case you forgot.

8:52 tee time at Shenandoah Valley on Saturday if anyone is interested. Looks to be the better day on the weekend.

You sure?

Is anyone from MD regularly going to VA to play?

Played Heron Ridge today...Great shape. Greens were lightning fast. Nice course...

You sure?

Is anyone from MD regularly going to VA to play?
I see MD plates in the parking lot at every course I've been to since the closure of MD. :eek:

Back