Desperately need help putting.

New active 3 putt streak.
1687789182450.png

This will bode well for Team Vosh in October!! Good job @That post
Yes sir!! And the greens at my club are pretty darn quick right now so I feel even better about it transferring to Vic Nat.

I thought I was right there with you...then I majorly did not have my speed figured out on the front 9 at Wyncote yesterday and had 4 3-putts in the first 5 holes o_O

BUT on the plus side, I went the next 13 holes without a 3-putt, and had 4 1-putts. So...3-putt-less streak at 13 holes and counting :ROFLMAO:

2 things helped my putting a ton.
First for distance, I first act like I am going to roll the ball by hand in to the hole (like a bowling motion) for me it tells me almost exactly how hard to hit it. Its crazy how your mind makes that connection once you do it.
Next, aiming the ball line doesn't work great for me. I eyeball it and get pretty close. So once I have my line I dont second guess and I keep me eye on the ball all the way through contact. I hit the center of the face every time like that.
The best of course is to not leave my self with long putts to begin with. Lol

I thought I was right there with you...then I majorly did not have my speed figured out on the front 9 at Wyncote yesterday and had 4 3-putts in the first 5 holes o_O

BUT on the plus side, I went the next 13 holes without a 3-putt, and had 4 1-putts. So...3-putt-less streak at 13 holes and counting :ROFLMAO:
It’s a process man. There are many times when I think I have things figured out only to have a bad day and continue questioning myself. Keep at it!

It’s a process man. There are many times when I think I have things figured out only to have a bad day and continue questioning myself. Keep at it!

Yeah feel ya there, last round I had 27 putts and the hole looked 6" wide, then that front 9 yesterday it felt like a pin hole :LOL: Thanks for the encouragement and glad it's on the up for you!

working on a new theory for me in putting
Snedeker talks about the " head of the putter moves first and the butt of the putter moves last"
I am totally the opposite I tend to putt hands forward and lead with the butt
It feels really odd to "pop" stroke but I feel that it the best way to make the ball drop into the hole

I might have to take over this thread for you. The hooves are back in a big way 😂

I might have to take over this thread for you. The hooves are back in a big way 😂
It’s all yours my friend. I’m sure I’ll be making guest appearances from time to time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Going to start getting back to my 30 minutes a day putting practice.

I’m just going to start doing it a little differently for the rest of this month. There is never anyone within 3 holes of me in the morning so I’m going to finish each hole for my score then throw down 5 balls in various spots I find myself in most frequently and putt them each out 2 or 3 times.

I think that ‘real world’ practice is going to do me good in continuing to dial in the stroke.

I didn’t play today spent 7 AM to 9 AM in the practice area instead chipping and putting.

Looks like a confident putter stroke there sir!

I’m strongly right arm dominant. I tried putting lefty and it still feels like my right arm is in control. Definitely a pulling sensation with my right arm when I putt lefty.
When I putt righty I have a sensation of pushing the putter with my right hand

This was in the ‘weakness’ category for so so long.
IMG_4320.jpeg

[

IMG_4351.jpeg
I don’t think I desperately need help anymore 🤣🤣

I can’t play as much as I want to with my wrist issues so I spent 2.5 hours on the putting green tonight.

Did a bunch of different drills. Gate drills, distance control drills, make 5 putts from 3ft and go back until I miss and start over, lag putts from 30-50ft from different positions.

I let the putting green feeling really good about the stroke. I’ve come such a long way. Still would like to improve more and make putts like @OldandStiff with the Mcraft but it’s really a night and day difference from this time last season.

Another 2 hours on the practice green today. Same drills.

I think my wrist being screwed up is actually helping my putting stroke more right now. It’s making me emphasize shoulders and dead wrists.

I’m rolling the rock really well right now. More of the same practice several times next week while I rest my wrist and try to get back to playing form.

Thought I'd do a check in today since we are nearing the end of August.
29 putts today. Yes, 29!! :D (on punched and sanded greens)
I believe this might be my first sub 30 putting performance. I'll have to check.
I'm ecstatic about it.

I've found the putting stroke that works best for me. It's a bit more upright and with my elbows and forearms basically attached to my sides. It feels like I'm rotating through with my hips but that's not what's happening I'm just able to rock my shoulders much better from this position and that feel is just my hips going up/down. With this setup and stroke balls are starting online and staying on line. As long as I'm reading greens well I'm draining a lot of putts or putting them close enough to use the back/side/toe of the putter to tap it in. Love that!

I believe this might be my first sub 30 putting performance. I'll have to check.
I'm ecstatic about it.

I've found the putting stroke that works best for me. It's a bit more upright and with my elbows and forearms basically attached to my sides. It feels like I'm rotating through with my hips but that's not what's happening I'm just able to rock my shoulders much better from this position and that feel is just my hips going up/down. With this setup and stroke balls are starting online and staying on line. As long as I'm reading greens well I'm draining a lot of putts or putting them close enough to use the back/side/toe of the putter to tap it in. Love that!

Honestly a little surprised if that is your first sub 30. You really did suck! 😜

J/k obviously. Awesome you're getting it more and more dialed in. It's been showing in your videos lately. 👊🏼

G
I'm ecstatic about it.

Great work and progress! Congrats!

Honestly a little surprised if that is your first sub 30. You really did suck! 😜

J/k obviously. Awesome you're getting it more and more dialed in. It's been showing in your videos lately. 👊🏼
It’s true I did suck!! You see the title of the thread and how long it is with mainly just me talking to myself? It was baaaaad for a long time 🤣🤣

Back