Desperately need help putting.

Past 3 rounds.
395DBBD7-C7C5-45A7-93C7-17A700F73926.jpeg

Close the thread we’ve peaked.🤣🤣😜

jk please don’t close down my thread. I’ll come crashing down haha

One thing that’s crazy and obscure that’s helping me right now…

My buddy is taking courses to become a teaching pro and was telling me about cross eye dominant vs normal and it turns out I’m cross eye dominant. I have started lining up my putts with my right eye closed and eitheR closing my right eye or turning my head a little to the right when I putt it’s helping a ton.

I have an odyssey tri hot double wide and you can really feel when you’re off the center of the putter face (because that insert is butter soft ecstasy when you hit the center). Since making the adjustment I immediately started hitting the center of the putter face again instead of being a little to the heel or toe.

Worth a try if you have never looked at it before. Maybe not an issue for most but it helped me.

My buddy is taking courses to become a teaching pro and was telling me about cross eye dominant vs normal and it turns out I’m cross eye dominant. I have started lining up my putts with my right eye closed and eitheR closing my right eye or turning my head a little to the right when I putt it’s helping a ton.

I have an odyssey tri hot double wide and you can really feel when you’re off the center of the putter face (because that insert is butter soft ecstasy when you hit the center). Since making the adjustment I immediately started hitting the center of the putter face again instead of being a little to the heel or toe.

Worth a try if you have never looked at it before. Maybe not an issue for most but it helped me.
If you go to the Versa putter thread some of us discuss eye dominance and alignment aids.

I do really well with the Versa 3T, but the 12 not as well due to the direction on the alignment on the top of the putter.

If you go to the Versa putter thread some of us discuss eye dominance and alignment aids.

I do really well with the Versa 3T, but the 12 not as well for to the direction on the alignment on the top of the putter.
Thanks man gunna check it out now! Alignment and aim has always been a huge issue for me and this eye dominance stuff is crazy.

I am left eye dominant and have been lining up with my head tilted slightly with my left eye centered over the ball. Doing that has been one of the many things that have helped get me in the right track.

Cross eye dominance requires precise, consistent set up. Head position changes have an impact. A big impact.

I am left eye dominant and have been lining up with my head tilted slightly with my left eye centered over the ball. Doing that has been one of the many things that have helped get me in the right track.
I have been alternating between that and closing my right eye. The closed eye works great on my mat but not on the course so think I’ll be sticking with the head tilt.

I have been alternating between that and closing my right eye. The closed eye works great on my mat but not on the course so think I’ll be sticking with the head tilt.
It’s very hard to trust where I have the ball lined up when I get over it and the problem before was adjusting mid stroke to compensate. Been having much better results since learning to trust it.

It’s very hard to trust where I have the ball lined up when I get over it and the problem before was adjusting mid stroke to compensate. Been having much better results since learning to trust it.
My setup became a lot more consistent when I practice a bunch with a blade putter that had a line on the top and the flange. If you were not set up with your eyes directly above the putter the lines didn't "match up" and it was very obvious.

My last several rounds have proven that if I become a serviceable lag putter and eliminate 3 putts then I’m a scratch golfer.

What the hell am I doing? It’s so frustrating that I absolutely refuse to practice putting apparently. 🤨

My last several rounds have proven that if I become a serviceable lag putter and eliminate 3 putts then I’m a scratch golfer.

What the hell am I doing? It’s so frustrating that I absolutely refuse to practice putting apparently. 🤨

how far are the lag putts? because imho if the lag putts are outside 30' it could be more of a ball-striking issue than a putting issue. when i 3-putt, it's almost always because i mishit my approach shot. yes mishits happen, but with a little better ball-striking i'm not going to be outside 30' and i can 2-putt pretty easily barring some goofy green complex.

how far are the lag putts? because imho if the lag putts are outside 30' it could be more of a ball-striking issue than a putting issue. when i 3-putt, it's almost always because i mishit my approach shot. yes mishits happen, but with a little better ball-striking i'm not going to be outside 30' and i can 2-putt pretty easily barring some goofy green complex.
That’s a good point. My avg proximity on approach is around 25-30 foot. I could definitely clean up ball striking with irons. Hoping new shafts help tighten that dispersion.

Im hitting greens at around a 50-60% clip but the greens at my home course are gigantic undulating beasts. So that far out and I need to be a good at reading and lagging it up there.

That’s a good point. My avg proximity on approach is around 25-30 foot. I could definitely clean up ball striking with irons. Hoping new shafts help tighten that dispersion.

Im hitting greens at around a 50-60% clip but the greens at my home course are gigantic undulating beasts. So that far out and I need to be a good at reading and lagging it up there.

that's a good average proximity. but when you 3p are you outside that range?

that's a good average proximity. but when you 3p are you outside that range?
Depends on which green. I can 3 putt from 25 just as well as I can from 40.

Cross eye dominant
Left is dominate eye
Very strong , I tried archery with non dominant eye and just way off target
Can not retrain my other eye to be dominant
Also notice that I cant retrain my left arm to be dominant either
Try to train be left handed but it really hard , My right arm want to take over
I could point a gun with my left hand and aim with my natural dominant left eye but need my right hand to help steady the gun steady
Also when I take a photo with a camera through a view finder I can pull the trigger with the left forefinger but need my right hand to steady and alignment the camera

when I m putting well I feel like Im rolling the ball end over end
sometime with a fraction of draw so if the ball hit the outside edge of the cup will drop in
I feel like my stroke is more like an arc like the ones can buy putting arc mats
I feel like my whole body is involved with putting stroke and its more athletic motion even though it my arms and shoulder that are moving mostly

So I was at my club for about 2 hours today on the putting green. I decided to just putt instead of play 9.

Something I’ve noticed while playing is 3 putts come fast and furious from around 30 foot. So tonight was all about practicing lag putting.I dont have any gauge for distance control. From one putt to the next I have no clue how far it’s going to roll.

These all started from the same spot 40' away.
IMG_2317.jpeg
as you can see no consistency.

What can I do drill wise to start building stroke consistency and distance control. I like the way my stroke feels from 10' and in but once it gets longer than that things quicklygo off the rails.

Back