Desperately need help putting.

Spent another hour out there this morning. Lag putting proximity was much better from around 25’.

Are your lag putts more often too short or long?
If you come up short on long putts, I’d try a more open stance and don’t be afraid to use your hands and wrists!

Are your lag putts more often too short or long?
If you come up short on long putts, I’d try a more open stance and don’t be afraid to use your hands and wrists!
It’s not consistent enough right now to say one way or the other. That’s part of my practice is finding some consistency

It’s not consistent enough right now to say one way or the other. That’s part of my practice is finding some consistency
IMG_7816.jpeg
This drill really seems to be helping me so far with pace at least, and is super easy to set up basically anywhere.

I'm interested. Do you have a link to a video explaining the drill?
Looks straight forward to me, but I’ve also lived in Michigan which might as well be Canada

Looks straight forward to me, but I’ve also lived in Michigan which might as well be Canada
I haven't lived in Michigan or been to Canada.

I'm interested. Do you have a link to a video explaining the drill?
I don’t, but you basically line up the ball with the centre marker/tee/etc, and use the back/front markers to gauge how long the stroke should be, equal parts back and through. I’ve found over the last couple weeks I have a bit better of a feel for how far to take the putter back for 10, 15, 20’.

I didn’t want to go grab my camera mount for my hour of putting practice this morning. However, thanks to @Daluteh and his cinematic brilliance I used his ‘phone in the hole’ method.

Turned out nice. The putting practice is starting to pay off. I like the smoother and more consistent stroke I’m seeing on the longer lag putts now.

On the fifth day of practicing putting for at least an hour, I think I might’ve found something.

I paced this off right around 30 foot
IMG_2461.jpeg which seems to be close to my average proximity to the hole on approach.

I’m really happy with the results
IMG_2460.jpeg

Who knew actually practicing putting on the practice green would actually work??!??!

Over the last 5 days and 6ish hours on the green I think I’ve built myself a reliable putting routine that I can’t wait to take out on the course. I’m having to take a break though due to foot and back issues.

A few really nice lag putts today.

I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll just say this Odyssey 5k Double Wide and I are getting along well so far.

I've just made 15 putts in a row from 6 foot on the perfect putt mat. I've taken about 30 seconds between putts to try not to just be in a groove with the stroke and addressed each one in my routine. The new putter is feeling so comfortable..

edit - topped out at 18, missed 19 wide right a hair.

Last edited:
I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll just say this Odyssey 5k Double Wide and I are getting along well so far.
you mean the like the 4 or 5 9 hole rounds with 15 or less putts, that kind of well 🔥🔥🔥

you mean the like the 4 or 5 9 hole rounds with 15 or less putts, that kind of well 🔥🔥🔥
Exactly that kind my friend. Exactly. 🔥

I got a KBS GPS shaft installed in my gamer putter today. I say that to say I didn’t have my gamer putter for my round this morning and instead rolled the old Rossie.

It might not be the new putter that’s producing these good results I’ve seen lately. I played this morning 9 with 15 putts and no 3 jacks.

Could it be possible that I’m actually just improving?!?!? 🤯

Video evidence

I posted this in the KBS thread but this fits here and shows a good view of my current putting stroke.

I get a lot of flak for not keeping my head down but I’ve tried a lot but it just doesn’t feel natural to me.

I got a KBS GPS shaft installed in my gamer putter today. I say that to say I didn’t have my gamer putter for my round this morning and instead rolled the old Rossie.

It might not be the new putter that’s producing these good results I’ve seen lately. I played this morning 9 with 15 putts and no 3 jacks.

Could it be possible that I’m actually just improving?!?!? 🤯

Saw that on Grint today and thought 15 putts.. nice!

Saw that on Grint today and thought 15 putts.. nice!
Thanks man! It’s been a lot of work (as you can see in this super long thread :ROFLMAO:) but it’s finally starting to come together, I think.

1687177365020.png

3 putt free streak ended just now at 40 holes. I pulled my approach shot on 12 and left myself in terrible position on a very difficult green. I completely miss read the putt as breaking the opposite direction couldn’t save par three putt bogey.

But I think the fact that I’m taking note of this and so salty about it really says how much I’ve improved. I expect to 2putt everything now.

Time to start another streak

I didn’t miss from inside 10ft this morning. 13 putts on 9 holes no 3 putts. I’m looking at everything inside 5ft as an automatic putt now.

Practice on the putting green after each time out is helped me make a complete mindset shift. I expect to make putts now. Even long ones and I’m disappointed when they don’t fall.

I didn’t miss from inside 10ft this morning. 13 putts on 9 holes no 3 putts. I’m looking at everything inside 5ft as an automatic putt now.

Practice on the putting green after each time out is helped me make a complete mindset shift. I expect to make putts now. Even long ones and I’m disappointed when they don’t fall.

Love the confidence my man 👊

Back