DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be good enough if you could figure out how to chip :p

Working on it. And every other part of my game. My head seems to be the biggest issue.

Doug (staticline)...guy at my club who's a USGA official is trying to get me to do the mid-am qualifier at Dallas CC (old Oak Cliff CC) in August. Might do it just for fun. Have to be below a 4 I believe to enter. Thoughts??

Definitely give it a go. Playing in a USGA event is major bucket list!!!! Wish I could join you. I'm a couple pops outside the requirement. I haven't played a USGA event. It's a bucket list item for me, even if it's just a qualifier. They treat the qualifiers just like the event. No messing around.

Don't worry about your score. Just enjoy the event. There will be dudes that won't break 90. Those guys will get a letter from the USGA "warning" them about posting that type of score in a USGA event. Seriously, the USGA sends those letters out...or at least they used to. My FIL has one. HAHA!

Do we have 3 or 4 for Saturday? No one in mind... just thought we did... but maybe that was Shakey before he dropped... #gettingoldsucks

I got a 4th for Saturday. My dad is gonna join us

Definitely give it a go. Playing in a USGA event is major bucket list!!!! Wish I could join you. I'm a couple pops outside the requirement. I haven't played a USGA event. It's a bucket list item for me, even if it's just a qualifier. They treat the qualifiers just like the event. No messing around.

Don't worry about your score. Just enjoy the event. There will be dudes that won't break 90. Those guys will get a letter from the USGA "warning" them about posting that type of score in a USGA event. Seriously, the USGA sends those letters out...or at least they used to. My FIL has one. HAHA!

Well, if I can keep it below it then I may give it a go! You got me pumped up! Appreciate the feedback.

Well, if I can keep it below it then I may give it a go! You got me pumped up! Appreciate the feedback.

If I get my GHIN below 4 before mid-July, I will join you! I don't want to wait until I'm 55 to play in a USGA event.

If I get my GHIN below 4 before mid-July, I will join you! I don't want to wait until I'm 55 to play in a USGA event.

The guy also said this year they are doing a 2 man 4 ball USGA event qualifier for the 2015 championship at Olympic that is suppose to take the place of the Public Links division.

The guy also said this year they are doing a 2 man 4 ball USGA event qualifier for the 2015 championship at Olympic that is suppose to take the place of the Public Links division.

http://www.txga.org/2014-USGA-qualifying-texas.html

Yep. Tempting! That's the new event to replace the Pub Links. Sucks. But, that's another thread.

Registration opens this month.
Found this article:
http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...ur+Four-Ball+Entries+on+April+24/9389053.html

The United States Golf Association (USGA) today announced the opening of entries on Thursday, April 24, for the inaugural U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championships. In 2015, The Olympic Club, in San Francisco, will host the first men's competition and Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, in Bandon, Ore., will host the first women's competition.

Players can register online (http://champs.usga.org) for both championships through 5 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Aug. 6. The Amateur Four-Ball Championships are the first to be added to the USGA's competition roster in more than 25 years.

"The U.S. Amateur Four-Ball Championships represent the USGA's commitment to support and advance amateur competition," said Daniel B. Burton, USGA and Championship Committee chairman. "This format is broadly popular in all 50 states and at golf clubs nationwide and should produce spirited team play, camaraderie and enjoyment for both the players and spectators."

The 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball is scheduled for May 2-6, with both the Lake and Ocean courses at The Olympic Club
set to host 36-hole stroke-play qualifying. The club's famed Lake Course, which has hosted five U.S. Opens and three U.S. Amateurs, will be the site for the championship's match-play bracket.

To be eligible, each player must have a Handicap Index® not exceeding 5.4. Partners on each two-man team are not
required to be from the same club, state or country and there are no age restrictions. Sectional qualifying, conducted over 18 holes at more than 50 sites across the nation, is scheduled to begin on Aug. 13, 2014.

The championship will comprise 128 sides or teams, for a total of 256 players. Following stroke-play qualifying, match
play will begin with 32 sides and conclude with an 18-hole final on May 6.

FYI, Q
I'm pretty sure that you have to walk the qualifier (18 holes). Pushcarts are allowed. Caddies can use a motorized golf cart. Keep that in mind for an August tee time. Start prepping now. :angel:

I got the SC100 in the mail today. Going to bring it out Saturday and play around with it on the course. What do you think Aaron? Sounds interesting?

I got the SC100 in the mail today. Going to bring it out Saturday and play around with it on the course. What do you think Aaron? Sounds interesting?

I ordered one too, been using Zelocity forever for the indoor net and this looks promising--its not 100% accurate--but a good idea of what I am hitting into the net and then at range

I ordered one too, been using Zelocity forever for the indoor net and this looks promising--its not 100% accurate--but a good idea of what I am hitting into the net and then at range

That is what I have seen from THP. I got to use cookie's Saturday and really enjoyed it. I could definitely see where this can be a very useful to for me.

I've got to use my Tangle Ridge coupon either Thursday or Friday of next week. I can play either morning or afternoon.

Can anyone play either of those days?

I've got to use my Tangle Ridge coupon either Thursday or Friday of next week. I can play either morning or afternoon.

I dont believe I have that coupon, will have to check but I can probably play either way. I think Thursday is best right now.

Might be interesting depending on pace. Maybe on the par 3s or something

I would love to join but would have to be an after work thing...like 4:30.

Not me. Fridays are no good, ever, for me with my daughters schedule. I can't even go to the range on Fridays.

On my way. See you gentlemen soon.

May 4th.....Sunday.......tee time around 2pm.....mark your calendars if you want to play with an out of town THP'er!! Course TBD.

May 4th.....Sunday.......tee time around 2pm.....mark your calendars if you want to play with an out of town THP'er!! Course TBD.

I might be available that day. have a wedding in town the night before but I think Sunday is clear

I can make this happen and it should be good practice for FL the week after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back