Dicks lays offs all its Pga Pros

Crazy thing I just got offered a part time job in the golf shop at one of the DSG in my area. Very strange as I was very good friends with the pro from this store that got laid off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the DSG across the street had nobody working in the golf section and nobody really passed by in the 10 mins i was around that section. Stock wise they had lots of ping both new and old, lots of TM. Callaway was about half stocked and most of it was big bertha driver,fw,hybrid some xhot and lots of x2hot. sale on cleveland classic xl drivers,fw, cobra biocell(not much in stock). Didn't look at putters, wedges or irons. Simulator had a nice little TM fitting system no others visible. lots of demos for ping, callaway, etc. shoe inventory dwindling and not sure if they will restock or if they will be waiting for new release stuff

the DSG across the street had nobody working in the golf section and nobody really passed by in the 10 mins i was around that section. Stock wise they had lots of ping both new and old, lots of TM. Callaway was about half stocked and most of it was big bertha driver,fw,hybrid some xhot and lots of x2hot. sale on cleveland classic xl drivers,fw, cobra biocell(not much in stock). Didn't look at putters, wedges or irons. Simulator had a nice little TM fitting system no others visible. lots of demos for ping, callaway, etc. shoe inventory dwindling and not sure if they will restock or if they will be waiting for new release stuff
Is that the new one near in Crofton? I haven't been over that way yet, but had planned on stopping in when I was.

Is that the new one near in Crofton? I haven't been over that way yet, but had planned on stopping in when I was.

Yep. I think you are better off going to the one in Columbia. Usually have better selection of everything. I go here for convenience and when looking for something specific.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to read this thread but I'm glad I did now. It's a sad state of affairs for the game of golf and I feel truly sorry for the people laid off.

Just left Dicks and I have to say why they didn't do this sooner I'll never know. I bought my son some soccer gear and walked over to the golf department. There were two dicks golf employees behind the counter. Both watching golf and neither interested in helping me.

I asked for info on the Vseries and neither knew a thing or bothered to come from behind the counter. I asked about a pair Pumas and was told what was in the floor was what they had. No effort! Same sad service from the same sad people. Maybe if they have a sh!t, people would need them and they'd have jobs beyond this year.

I went to Dicks and didn't notice a difference. Similar clubs in Stock, no real help from employees, but I was greeted cordially when I walked in. My shopping experience was the same it's always been at Dicks.

Just left Dicks and I have to say why they didn't do this sooner I'll never know. I bought my son some soccer gear and walked over to the golf department. There were two dicks golf employees behind the counter. Both watching golf and neither interested in helping me.

I asked for info on the Vseries and neither knew a thing or bothered to come from behind the counter. I asked about a pair Pumas and was told what was in the floor was what they had. No effort! Same sad service from the same sad people. Maybe if they have a sh!t, people would need them and they'd have jobs beyond this year.

And they tried to blame Taylormade...Customer service was their issue not the industry.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it is a really weird coincidence that so many of us from so many different parts of the country report virtually the same CS experiences in their golf departments (and not in a good way). I do think the inventory issue is a real problem but they'd have less inventory to worry about if they actually gave a cr@p about their customers.

They had an equal amount of each brand they carry. They would still have jobs if they took care of customers
And they tried to blame Taylormade...Customer service was their issue not the industry.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it is a really weird coincidence that so many of us from so many different parts of the country report virtually the same CS experiences in their golf departments (and not in a good way). I do think the inventory issue is a real problem but they'd have less inventory to worry about if they actually gave a cr@p about their customers.

Completely agree. In other depts the staff is usually pretty willing to help even if its not needed. I never had a good experience with their "golf" staff in either of the locations in MD I frequent or back at my parents home in Buffalo. Their staff didn't really seem to knowledgeable about most of the products and wouldn't really trust them to fit me properly. Inventory wise I think its a combination of to much, not always the right kind of options and bad CS.

I've actually never been in a Dicks that had quality service in the golf department. Pretty sad

I was fumbling about the kids soccer shoe department and the young lady took time to show me four pair of shoes and the highlights of each. I ended up buying the shoes, shin gaurds and new ball for my son and only needed shoes. She was that helpful.

The woman that checked me out was very pleasant and we had a nice convo. Everything works in that place other than the golf department.
Completely agree. In other depts the staff is usually pretty willing to help even if its not needed. I never had a good experience with their "golf" staff in either of the locations in MD I frequent or back at my parents home in Buffalo. Their staff didn't really seem to knowledgeable about most of the products and wouldn't really trust them to fit me properly. Inventory wise I think its a combination of to much, not always the right kind of options and bad CS.

My last 3 visits (2 different locations):
* They had no info about and had never even heard of Callaway's "Phil's Big Payday" promotion or an Adams promotion that was running at the same time.
* The launch monitor was broken...until I hit clubs anyway and someone else showed up who mysteriously knew how to fix it.
* They didn't have the proper swag for TM, Callaway or Adam's promotions
* Nobody was willing to help with clubs at either place, I just stood around waiting and waiting and waiting.

Dicks lays offs all its Pga Pros

Yep. I think you are better off going to the one in Columbia. Usually have better selection of everything. I go here for convenience and when looking for something specific.

Yeah it's pretty good for a Dicks. Actually I like it better than the GG down the road.

Yeah it's pretty good for a Dicks. Actually I like it better than the GG down the road.

me too. I prefer GG in Rockville or drive the extra 15 mins to GS on 83. If /when u come down this way hmu and we can try to hook for some grub or drinks

Bought a impact bag today from Dicks and actually received excellent service . Employee showed me different impact bags they had in stock , and even brought out a catalog for others available . All for a $30 bag , I was impressed . Wanted to give him a big high 5

The guy in the Dicks here is nice but he is clueless for sure.

Back