Did You Invest In High Quality Rain Gear?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not necessarily mean price, but more did you choose something that actually works? Is comfortable enough to play and/or will last you a while?

Never found rain gear at any price from any brand that I’m comfortable swinging in. Part of it no doubt is psychological at this point.

I avoid playing in the rain, and if It starts I’m happy to just ignore it and get wet.

Nope. The last time I played in the rain I looked like I was off the deck of a crab boat and it wasn’t comfortable. But being in AZ and not traveling much, I don’t think I need rain gear

I have a very cheap pair of pants that seem to be made from thick tyvec material. I have never used them. I hope to never use them, if I do I promise to post. They did get a lot of positive reviews on Amazon.

I did and I'm happy that I did. I had a buddy that worked for the company that makes Zero Restriction. Some of the best, longest lasting rain gear I've had. I don't love playing in the rain but if it's a tournament, I want to be as dry as possible and this does it. I often wear it when it's very cold and windy, it does a great job breaking the wind.

Absolutely - I play Ireland, Bandon every year, Cabot, and other rainy places. (Great) Rain gear is a must!

My rain gear: Bag, jacket/s, pants, shoes, other accessories.

I have, but not intentionally. I now have a Footjoy Hydrolite rain jacket, and will probably get a matching pair of pants at some point soon. The most important thing to me is being breathable, but not getting wet through too quickly. That usually costs a bit of money, but its worth it.

I've invested in a nice Footjoy short sleeve rain jacket for the spring summer sudden downpours that I like.

I have the FJ Hydrolite short sleeve jacket and a pair of packable Helly Hansen pants that fold up really small. Both really manageable to wear for a round of golf, not quite "stupid sexy Flanders "nothing at all" levels of comfort, but I don't think that exists.

Yes. I bought Marmot Gore-Tex rain gear a couple of years ago. If it needs to be waterproof, I trust Gore-Tex over everything else. It isn't golf specific, but it works just as well.

Rain is why people stay in the clubhouse and play gin or poker.

I have no rain gear whatsoever at this late stage of my golf life (not to mention life in general).

I have this debate at least three times a year with myself. I've never genuinely invested in rain gear, even a quality rain jacket, despite wanting it plenty of times.

No idea why I hold back either. Budget usually has killer deals once or twice a year on it.

Yes. I bought Marmot Gore-Tex rain gear a couple of years ago. If it needs to be waterproof, I trust Gore-Tex over everything else. It isn't golf specific, but it works just as well.
Marmot is an awesome brand, too - it makes perfect sense to consider some of the mountaineering companies when pursuing items that battle the elements.

Is it heavy?

I have zero need for rain gear..

With a rain fall of 4" inches or less per year, an umbrella is my only rain gear.

I do own a couple of Antarctica jackets I will use on road trips in colder, wetter weather.

Pretty big fan of the Footjoy Dry Joy series. I have a rain jacket from that series, but I don't enjoy swinging with that on. I don't own a pair of rain pants, but I should. Just haven't done the research and made the investment.

I bought ProQuip Px5 Stormforce jacket and pants about 4 years ago and love it. Got mine from England somewhere online.

I don't play in the rain but have an annual trip every year we have to play no matter the weather

I think it's softer than goretex and absolutely waterproof
B3B42E61-0703-4798-9DD8-164379E97E90.jpeg200A4D5B-8A10-4CEE-BE8C-99F4E626F005.jpeg

No......Don't even have an umbrella. If it rains....

Having visited Bandon regularly and a trip to Ireland in the works, I invested in some galvin Green several years ago, and it has paid for itself several times over and still works great. Goretex is amazing.

Also bought some Macwet rain gloves... they are the best I have found.

Don't have any. Southern California is nice that way.

I think I've put a rain cover on my bag once.

I just went with goretex anything. ZR had a special for a jacket, and budget did for pants. My bigger gripe is the trade off between breathable and dry, but FL doesn’t exactly give you a rain that also promotes not sweating your tail off when you layer up.

I do not own any rain gear and never have. If it is raining enough to need it, I just don't play.

Cheap Frogg Toggs for me. Seem to keep me dry and let me swing just fine.

Back